GUILTY VA - Capt. Kevin Quick, 45, abducted & murdered, Afton, 31 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The way I read this case:

I think once LE found the Toyota in Mineral, they ran prints on it. Prints on one of the Sheltons must have been matched, likely Mersaides. Why Mersaides? Because she is being charged with the grand larceny of the vehicle, and she is old enough to have a rap sheet with a fingerprint record.

At the same time, they get the teenager from the party to ID his friend who shot up the place. Was that Mathis? So LE somehow find Mersaides and Mathis in a motel in Alexandria (what in the world were they doing up there?). They take those two back down to Louisa and put them in a lineup. The partygoers who were shot and pistolwhipped ID the kid, Mathis.
Not clear to me how Shantai got charged. One of her siblings must have ratted on her as being involved. Of course she is the BOSS LADY.

My theory here is that one of the other perps, Gert or Anthony Stokes, who live near Turtle Creek, somehow got involved with Kevin Quick in the parking lot, knocked him out, went down to Fork Union to hide him somewhere, then upon realizing he was a Cop, they panicked and realized they had to get rid of this "hot" Toyota. So they call one of the women - Shantai or Leslie Casterlow, and ask them to help get the Toyota off the street. So Shantai recruits her little brother Mathis to ditch the Toyota somewhere rural, but he is too happy to tool around in a cool 4Runner so he joy rides for a bit. He goes to his friend's house to show off the 4Runner, and the decide to go hit a nearby party. Once the young Mathis is questioned, I bet he starts naming accomplices... You know the rest...

Kevin's phone was "turned off" Friday night. Can the phone companies tell if the phone is powered off as opposed to running out of battery? These two bit amateur gangstas would not just ditch a phone if it was a decent model. They would ditch the SIM card and sell the phone, pawn it, or re-use it with a different SIM card. Does anyone know if a phone can be traced once the SIM card is taken out? Does the phone memory card still have traces of Kevin's media? Can LE get a warrant to try to find the phone on the premises of some of the perps in custody? I think if you find the phone you can determine which perp was in contact with Kevin first....

Any thoughts ?

I thought there were 7 arrests. 3 the first time, 3 the next time, and one the last time, right? And one wasn't related to the murder but an outstanding warrant.

I'm thinking they dropped the accessory charges because they are going to come back with murder charges. Time will tell. There's more involved I do believe, more gang members!

The WHY will never make sense to any of us. We don't think like gang members. Thank goodness! It'll never be a reason that makes sense.

Shantai Shelton was arrested on an unrelated warrant. So when they say 6 charged they are not referring to her.

It doesn't appear they think she had anything to do with the stolen truck or the kidnapping or murder of KQ.
Or she is the one talking.

If I read all that is to read so far, they still don't have a person charged with his murder. jmo

If I read all that is to read so far, they still don't have a person charged with his murder. jmo

Thats my thoughts. I am so confused on all the changes to the charges and why they would do that.

Also, its 7 arrested, right? And that includes the one sibling who isnt being charged with anything on Kevin.

According to the Central Virginian, they said the invasion is believed to be gang-related.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/23740316/4-armed-men-raid-louisa-familys-home-with-children-nearby

Investigators have identified two suspects in the home invasion, as well as two people of interest.

I remembered when this happened so I went back and looked again, according to what is said it's belived to be gang related. I can not find an article that states if an arrest was actually made versus having persons of interest. jmo idk

As far as murder charges being filed or not against these people, I figured LE is dotting their i's and crossing their t's. With so many suspects, they have to make sure they know who of this cast of characters did what so that the charges stick and the DA can take it to court with confidence of a conviction. We want the right people to go down for this. We want Captain Quick's murderer(s) off the street for good!!

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/v...c08-8d4f-11e3-8ab0-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Quick left his mother’s house less than 60 hours earlier, at 10:15 p.m. Friday, bound for a friend’s home at Turtle Creek Condominiums in Albemarle County, police said.

Police distributed two surveillance photos Sunday of an unidentified man wearing a hooded sweatshirt that partly covered his face. Surveillance cameras also captured images of Quick’s 4Runner. One of the photos came Friday night from Fork Union while another came from Manassas the following day, Geller said.

Two men “have been connected to [Quick’s] vehicle,” Geller said.

bbm, it seems that the photos came from two separate surveillance cams. jmo

http://www.c-ville.com/gang-charges-added-in-kevin-quick-case/

According to search warrants obtained by NBC12 and other media outlets, his Verizon cell phone was turned off at 10:52pm on Friday night, and he never arrived at his destination.

bbm

According to google it is a 26 minute drive from his moms house that he left at 10:15, that would put him at the turtle creek condos at 10:41. His phone was turned off at 10:52. 11 minutes after he should have arrived at the condo. jmo

City Continues to Remember Kevin Quick
Mon 1:19 PM, Feb 10, 2014

The ribbon has two different colors: black represents the current period of mourning and the blue represents a police officer's role as a protector in the community.

There is a reward fund that is now more than $40,000 and over the weekend a candlelight vigil was held in Quick's honor.

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/City-Continues-to-Remember-Kevin-Quick-244746391.html

(outside Waynesboro Police Department bldg)

Kevin+Quick+ribbon.jpg

Has this been posted? http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/Quicks-Case-Now-A-Death-Investigation-244383051.html

Seriously look at the Criminal records section towards the right on the bottom.
Criminal Records of Those Involved in Quick Case

Anthony D. Stokes, 31

He entered the Department of Corrections on Oct. 23 2001 and was released from prison on Oct. 7 2013. He is currently under community supervision, Manassas Probation & Parole.
Date Court Offense Sentence
01/29/2002 Southampton Circuit Possession Of Weapon
5 years, 3 years suspended

07/19/2001 Prince William Circuit Attempted Robbery: Business W/ Use Of Gun Or Simulated Gun
10 years, 8 years suspended

07/19/2001 Prince William Circuit Attempted robbery
10 years, 8 years suspended
07/19/2001 Prince William Circuit Petty larceny 6 months
07/19/2001 Prince William Circuit Petty larceny 6 months
06/22/2001 Fairfax County Circuit Kidnap/Abduct
10 years, 1 year suspended
06/22/2001 Fairfax County Circuit Attempted robbery 5 years
06/22/2001 Fairfax County Circuit Use Of Firearm In Felony 3 years

Halisi Uhuru, 22, legally changed his name from Gert A. Wright to Halisi Uhuru through
Court Order out of Sussex Circuit Court on March 17, 2011.

He entered the Department of Corrections on Feb. 28, 2008 and was released from prison on Dec. 3, 2013, he is currently under community supervision, Danville Probation & Parole
Date Court Offense Sentence
10/12/2007 Norfolk Circuit Robbery: On Or Near Street 20 years, 16 years suspended
10/12/2007 Norfolk Circuit Firearm: Use In Commission Of Felony, 1st Off 3 years
10/12/2007 Norfolk Circuit Robbery: On Or Near Street 20 years, 16 years suspended
10/12/2007 Norfolk Circuit Conspiracy to commit robbery, but the type Not Clear From Record 5 years, 5 years suspended
10/12/2007 Norfolk Circuit Gang: Participate In Criminal Act 10 years, 10 years suspended
10/12/2007 Norfolk Circuit Wear Masks In Certain Places 2 years, 2 years suspended

According to court records, 20-year-old Mersadies Shelton is now charged with principal in the second degree, use of a firearm in a felony, and malicious wounding.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/24689838/suspect-in-kevin-quick-case-facing-new-charges

...there is evidence that someone driving Quick’s stolen SUV picked up [Shantai] Shelton in Louisa and drove her to Alexandria. There plans were in the works to get Shelton out of Virginia and to Montana, where she has family, McGuire said. McGuire said the plans were being orchestrated by members of a street gang

Shatai is accused of poisoning a man in Louisa Co, unrelated to Quick's death. After the elderly man was passed out, she stole his wallet and gun.
http://wtvr.com/2014/02/11/captain-quick-investigation/

An investigation that started to unravel the mystery Monday when Quick’s SUV was found in Mineral with a trunk full of evidence.
BBM
http://wtvr.com/2014/02/07/neighbors-react-to-arrests-in-police-captains-death/

I read that about Shantai yesterday. Hopefully shes charged in that murder too....did the guy die?

From what I gather from reading the reports, and between the lines, there was a warrant out for Shantai due to poisoning the elderly man by putting prescription meds in his milk. I haven't pulled court records to see though.

ANTHONY+WHITE1.jpg

Anthony White's mug shot
http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/NEW-DETAILS-Another-Arrest-in-Kevin-Quick-Murder-244658541.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back