VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, it is very significant that there has been several search warrants conducted in the investigation and each warrant provided additional probable cause for a subsequent warrant being issued..

well it depends if he is on probation for any of his previous driving incidents, if he is then they can easily get warrants.

It's not, nor is his financial status. People are either 1) feeling sorry for him because he may lose his job or 2) concerned that he is poor.

Or we're mocking MSM media for putting out a "mega-huge-breathtaking news coming up" (sarcasm) alert, which turned out to be a bit of a damp squib & in the course of which a breathlessly excited but terribly serious reporter "live" informed us via secondhand sources that there might be a meeting re his employment at his employer's pob. (/sarcasm).

Possibly because nothing else is happening, someone picked up on the above, someone else took it seriously, & lo & behold we have a new rabbit hole to chase around (I'm guilty as heck in this respect). Remember the gloves? ... ;)

Gitana, if you are still monitoring...Wouldn't any criminal defense atty advise their client to not speak to police? As in, it's better to let law enforcement think you are guilty, than open your mouth and let them know it.

I believe you. Jesse's vehicle, however, is not in the condition required to do some off-roading. JMO.

I don't think anyone is thinking JM took his car to go mud bogging.

A car doesn't have to be in any particular condition to go down dirt roads which may have mud puddles due to recent rains or poor road conditions. All kinds of vehicles go down dirt roads. They don't have to be equiped but simply any car with four tires can and do go down dirt roads.

But imo he shouldn't have any recent mud/dirt on his vehicle if he came straight home after he said he left Hannah.

If the mud is recent and LE can tell whether it is or not then JM went down roads that were muddy. The place around where Hannah went missing and where he said he was doesn't have dirt roads but are concrete/asphalt roads and sidewalks.

And the police now is asking people to search their property in rural areas and to look for tire tracks. It seems he had a donut as one of his tires. (I wonder if he had that on before he went to the Mall that night?) That means the tire tracks made from his tracks will be unique from other tire treads.

IMO, it does seem like police believe that JM went elsewhere once he left the bar and it was an area where it would leave his tires and underbody of the car muddy.

IMO

5. Everyone should keep cleaning supplies in their house; they are good for deviated septum surgeries and fences. ;)
6. If you're poor and your car looks like it came from a junkyard, you shouldn't be buying drinks at Tempo
7. If you want to keep your job, you maybe shouldn't evade police and not show up.

8. Jobs shuttling patients to and from operating rooms pay roughly, nationwide, anywhere from $8-$16/hr so there is a large variability in wage and thus JM's finances can't quite be fully discerned

Doesn't he have his sister's car? I would think that maybe she needs it.

Something that has been reported both ways that I'd like clarification on if anyone knows for fact: I have heard both that his car has been returned to him and also that it has not. Where is the orange clunker?

Y'all makin me :laughing: :great: :giggle: with your list o'useful information.

For anything or just for something that happened within the context of your job?

My husband is a member of a union that offers legal assistance (funeral director) and he was able to use his allotted attorney hours for anything that came up.

Just wanted to throw something out there that I haven't seen talked about much.

The fact that HG was very tall for a woman makes me believe even more that this was a crime of opportunity. Even with the POI being bigger himself, I would think the thought of harming someone athletic and tall wouldn't be your first option.

I am in with my 100% deep-fried speculation again. Every hour that goes by with no forensics reported makes me further question whether there is any significance to the lack thereof. IIRC JM's car was searched Friday morning. My theory includes the assumption that the HG case became the number one priority of whatever laboratory is being used, though clearly it is possible that this may not be the case. Even if the scientists did not work over the weekend, I can't help but think if there *had* been a hit, it would be known by now; whereas as I mentioned yesterday, no hit means re-sampling, re-amplifying, and re-running the comparison. It may even mean going back to JM's apartment for yet another piece of evidence to see if they can find HG's DNA on whatever it is. This does not mean that there will be no hit, just that it would appear that there has been no hit thus far.

Something that has been reported both ways that I'd like clarification on if anyone knows for fact: I have heard both that his car has been returned to him and also that it has not. Where is the orange clunker?

I don't think LE has mentioned that one way or the other.

But if I was to make a bet I would bet it has NOT been returned and wont be anytime soon.

IMO

can any one remember what 2 events were on that people were in town for that wend?
I think one was a high school reunion?

Great sleuthing question. I have a question, although it is not such a great sleuthing question. If Hannah was upset or lost or felt she was being followed or whatever, in the videos, there were tons of groups of young people and open businesses. Why didn't she stop and ask someone for help/directions, whatever?

Her behavior is confusing to me and so I wonder if it may be hard to profile what happened to her.

I doubt they will state what the forensics that come back say today .

I agree. No way are they giving out their evidence, or the lack thereof, until they absolutely need to.

Jmo I sure hope that LE is not expecting him to lead them to Hannah. This is a case where he is not going to help, inadvertently or otherwise, Imo. Yes, some killers like to go back and admire their "work"...but probably not while they are on the run with a "wanted" poster circulating. Jmo

(Assuming they can find JM, to follow him in the first place...)

Of course. I agree.

why would anyone be put on a wanted listed or have a bench warrant for a speeding violation ?

Pressure tactic. To me it is very clear that they have profiled JM and are applying tactics based on what they feel will cause him to break, talk to someone, do something that may help their case.

It's also clear that whatever they've been doing has had some results. JM's inexplicable appearance at the police station requesting a lawyer shows me that. He is feeling pressured and cornered.

Whether LE knows where JM is right now, we don't know and they have not said. The last time they addressed that issue, they said they did NOT know, and that seemed to be the rationale for the Wanted Poster. If they are so sure that he is the right guy for this or other heinous crimes, my guess is that they would arrest if for the reckless driving so they have him right at hand if and when the forensic results come out targeting him so that he can be arrested for something more heavy duty and don't have to go hunting him down. But then again, if LE and the DA are not so sure that the forensic results are going to be as they are hoping, it might not be a good idea for them to haul him in.

I don't quite understand how LE could have taken his cell phone just like that. WOnder if they took his computere too. Took his car, cell phone, personal effects, but not allowed to take him or even force him to undergo questioning? I wonder if LE was able to get a fix on Hannah's cell phone. I thought a lot of those phones have that feature.

I hope JM gets a good criminal attorney to navigate him through this mess he is in, especially if he is not guilty. Even if he is, I think a good lawyer would help him make some better choices than he has. I agree that he could find pro bono top rate representation.

I wonder if LE has made ANY headway in ideas as to where Hannah is now, Alll of those cameras, the cell phone gps , and she's still not to be found. I hope she is found. At least that urgency can be addressed, and LE can then focus on reconstructing what happened to her.

No one, ever, can be forced to undergo questioning by LE. That would be a violation of the fifth amendment right to silence in the constitution. Seizures of property are issued via warrants which are based on probable cause declarations.

Just the fact that he was the last person known to have been with Hannah and is refusing to talk is more than enough probable cause for a search of his computer, phone, car, etc.

For anything or just for something that happened within the context of your job?

OT
Surprising as it may seem, for anything! There is a (generous) $$ limit. Job-related protection/representation is separate & unlimited.

I am in with my 100% deep-fried speculation again. Every hour that goes by with no forensics reported makes me further question whether there is any significance to the lack thereof. IIRC JM's car was searched Friday morning. My theory includes the assumption that the HG case became the number one priority of whatever laboratory is being used, though clearly it is possible that this may not be the case. Even if the scientists did not work over the weekend, I can't help but think if there *had* been a hit, it would be known by now; whereas as I mentioned yesterday, no hit means re-sampling, re-amplifying, and re-running the comparison. It may even mean going back to JM's apartment for yet another piece of evidence to see if they can find HG's DNA on whatever it is. This does not mean that there will be no hit, just that it would appear that there has been no hit thus far.

Keep in mind that (if) there is a "hit" that he wrapped him arm around her in the video, and according to the witness. If there is any his lawyer will argue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876