VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you just imagine Longo bellowing from behind a podium, "AND WE HAVE FORENSIC EVIDENCE PUTTING HANNAH IN THAT CAR WITH JESSE MATTHEW!!!!"? I can see him doing that. He just hasn't yet. :)

Ah....ok.

I am pretty sure she has a few roommates. I think it is very odd that her friends from Friday night never at least checked on her Saturday and saw she never came home, after saying she was lost. Jmo

I wondered about that too, but then I realized that there has been no confirmation that the "friends" that she spoke to Fri. night were her roommates. "Friends", these days, can mean mere acquaintances, or people she wouldn't have seen for another week, who wouldn't have been concerned that she didn't make it to the party.

Also, maybe her (fairly new - this year) roommates didn't come home themselves until Sunday!

Coy says he will share an article hopefully tomorrow morning of a young woman that he believes is the last person to see Hannah in that area.

Imoo if this Coy person has info impt to Hannah's disappearance ...he needs to tell LE asap.

If JM did take Hannah, LE may not find evidence in his apartment. A different location might be the crime scene.

jmo

Hi Tracey. I'm going on the assumption that Longo would tell us if they had anything.

Maybe. Depends on what they have. LE sometimes finds it prudent to keep findings to self until the trial.

They do have something. There would be reports and they would have to sift throught them all to come up with useful findings. I am curious how LE came up with the charge of abduction with intent to defile BEFORE the first forensics report. I wonder if they didn't get something confirmed, or if they made the decision with some other new info or just got the DA to take a chance with what they already had, and that was the charge he decided would be a go. The warrents to get additional things were from what LE saw and wanted to take that weren't in previous warrents, IMO, not because of returned reports. Longo did not mention in his presser last night when the new warrent for JM was released, tht it was due to forensic findings, I noticed. So we've reaally yet to hear what forensics has found on the case.

Can't you just imagine Longo bellowing from behind a podium, "AND WE HAVE FORENSIC EVIDENCE PUTTING HANNAH IN THAT CAR WITH JESSE MATTHEW!!!!"? I can see him doing that. He just hasn't yet. :)
WS is LE friendly as well.

You really should consult the rules of professional conduct before making assertions about what is and is not ethical. Here's a link to the post where I've included some of the most applicable rules to the questions people have been asking.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ville-13-Sept-2014-13&p=11006706#post11006706

Dogkarma is a lawyer and knows the rules. I'm not sure why he or she is being chastised? Nothing in your links goes against what Dogkarma stated.

Can anyone explain the 'list'? What do they mean, 'they gave him a list.'??

list of attorneys that take public defender cases. Longo said he ask to have one appointed but they couldn't b/c he was not charge with anything, but they gave him the list so he could contact them.

Hi Tracey. I'm going on the assumption that Longo would tell us if they had anything.

Longo said at last night's PC that they wouldn't be giving any details or information on evidence until (whatever it is they're still waiting for) comes in in a couple of days.

If the CPD sent it in, it probably went to the state lab. In fact, I think that was mentioned in a press conference. I believe you are right that they have not released anything to the general public yet. They may not release anything to the general public at any time until the trial.

Forensics went to State in Richmond.

I don't know that I'd be assuming they're going to provide the results of the forensic tests when they've already issued an arrest warrant for abducting Hannah and don't have him in custody.

See above.

:)

In the last pc Longo stated that there may not be a whole lot else he could share with the public from here on out. That would explain why no update, so to speak. Can someone link the PC please? I don't want to be part of the confusion. Thanks!

(Coy now promising article with witness interviews from people who were with JM on the night of Hannah's disappearance will be published tomorrow morning. *Sigh*.

And he's crying again ...)

i think its like a bar i used to hang out in that had a sign that said "free beer tomorrow"

Nah...I really can't imagine that.

Imoo if this Coy person has info impt to Hannah's disappearance ...he needs to tell LE asap.

I'm not a Coy fan, but he has emphasised several times that these people he interviewed HAVE already spoken to LE.

As have JM's former room mates.

Ummmm? That changes things drastically. Unless he means the last person to see Hannah AND JM in that area.

I don't think he meant it in the way you are interpreting.

LOL he claims to be really really dear friends with Longo.........lol...........I heard part of his interview with Longo, who politely did not give him any info that he has not given publicly. HA HA JMO

In Virginia, yes, an attorney may maintain representation of a fugitive client and must not disclose where the client is. In other states, the rules can be different. Some places you have to say, some places you have to stop representation. It's a balance between client confidentiality and attorney obligations to the functions of the judicial process (allowing your client to be a fleeing felon). In other states, there is more leverage for the attorney to be able to get the client to turn themselves in. Obviously JM does not have much interest in the attorney's advice, which has to have been to lay low and would be to turn himself in.

My guess of what brought about the newer charges -- pubic hairs matching HG in the trunk. That would support those charges without her person being found. Wearing pants, not likely transferred by a hug. No knowledge, just a guess.

The nursing student lady needs to call the tipline for this. If he had a practice of making such offers, perhaps someone took him up and perhaps (given that he had roommates) would know what back country lane he liked for romance. And that would be a likely dump spot. If this is a "something gone wrong" scenario, the dump spot is someplace that would pop into his mind quickly and that he knows. If it were someplace he googled with his computer, LE would be there already. So anything anyone knows about rural places that he has hung out at has helpful information.

I am unaware of any state in which the rules of ethical conduct compel an attorney to stop representation rather than fail to disclose the whereabouts of a fugitive client, unless, as Dogkarma stated, a third party life hangs in the balance. Can you please link to such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966