VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
press conference 7pm (ws had it before him :happydance:)

coy - why was HG downtown?
Longo-don't know..lost?

coy -did LJ know HG before?
Longo-no evidence

coy -did LJ do drugs?
Longo-I don't have info in that regard

Longo-trying to determine if text timestamp is accurate. but it's not the most important thing at the mo

"It's a careful balance between emotion and my job" -Longo relating his concern that relates to his own daughters

Since this whole thing happened I find myself looking at young women like Hannah and feeling compelled to counsel them to not do dumb things. I know it'd be a waste of time and I know statistically they'll be just fine. It just makes me sad.

Before anyone accuses me of victim blaming, I'm not. I did plenty of dumb things when I was young and the ONLY difference in myself and Hannah is I was fortunate to not encounter a predator when I was vulnerable and in the midst of doing my dumb things.

Longo saying again that people are requested to search their property.

Ack! I am trying to catch up! This is quoted from the last thread:

"Quote Originally Posted by LI-Mom View Post
I could swear at one of the pressers a reporter asked if there was video of Hannah leaving in JM's car and the other guy, not Longo, said something along the lines of "I can't comment on that." All I know is that I got the impression they had something putting her in the car but they weren't saying. Maybe it wasn't video, maybe it was only eyewitnesses, but they skirted the issue like many others."

I've seen this question asked a couple times and I've never seen a good answer so I tracked it down because I remembered it. On this video, 24.24.

Reporter asks: Do you have video surveillance of her getting into his car?
Longo: Jim, is that something you're willing to share?
Jim: I'm not going to talk at all about the vehicle and what we know, but we do have them together after they left Tempo restaurant. So he is still with her at that time.

"the last person seeing Hannah on the mall that night at about 1:40 AM" ~ Coy clarifying the person he has info from that will be shared tomorrow

Thanks, so now i won't waste my time listening. He sounds like the radio guy in the Relisha Rudd case.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was just sitting here reading from this Coy Barefoot <mod snip> thinking the very same thing! I remember that guy (Keith??) was very fond of crying.

Sorry if this this has already been answered, but sometimes "ankle" pants are called capris even though technically they are longer than capris. Pants called capris tend to vary in length from mid calf to lower calf. Ankle pants are slightly shorter than standard length trousers. Not sure how relevant all of this is, but hope it helps answer the question.
I'll weigh in on the pant/shorts/capris discussion while we are waiting on the presser. There are two types of pants: comfy and not comfy. JMO

Sad, Hannah Graham posted on her twitter account Aug. 30:

Got an alone drunk girl to a bus tonight #hoosgotyourback

Can you post that on the thread created all about Hannah? It's a thread to discuss who she is, what she's like etc. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?257613-Who-is-Hannah-Graham

Is it ethical for an attorney to continue representing a client who has warrants, and the attorney knows where the client is, but the client refuses to turn himself in?

Is the attorney ethically obligated to quit representing the client?

Yes and no.

Not sure if this is the scenario....did lawyer tell him to flee until further notice? It's hard to say what is going on "behind the scenes" The warrant was issued yes, but doesn't feel like much search activity going on for JM. Im curious why his lawyer seemed to be in hiding too.

Lawyers cannot instruct their clients to break the law or to run.

Matthew's attorney, Cambos

Ananda Rochita &#8207;@AnandaRochita 1h Jesse Matthew's lawyer makes a statement @wsls

Off topic, but what a beautiful town, C'Ville.

I don't think it's been discussed very often as he's more commonly referred to in his professional capacity as the Chief of Police for Charlottesville. But yeah, the man is very accomplished - I really had to hold my tongue when I saw people criticizing him during his press conference(s) last week. No one is perfect in this world but Hannah Graham could do much worse than to have Timothy Longo leading the officers who are conducting the investigation into her disappearance.

Anyone who wants to know more about Longo's accomplishments can look here:
https://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/accred/boardProfiles/longo.cfm

Here's a very long article that is very comprehensive, about Chief Longo: http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_c1ee131c-c4b3-54ab-b80d-c67cbbdb2766.html

I found it when trying to research the man. There was so much virulent criticism of him but when I asked why - does he have a bad reputation in the area? What's his track record? - no one said a word. No one could come up with anything concrete that was negative, except they felt they knew better how to conduct press conferences and what evidence should be revealed, when, who should be deemed a POI, who should be focused on, who shouldn't, etc.

I was 100% open, because there were so many negative voices, so I was sure something must be up with this cat. But...nothing. What I found is that he is quite effective, had a long, successful history and is praised by both collegaues and critics.

51004c15244ee.image.jpg

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_c1ee131c-c4b3-54ab-b80d-c67cbbdb2766.html

RESPECTFULLY, who said race was a factor?

The moment the POI was identified, there were repeated, numerous posts about how he may have been focused on, over suspicious WG, due to this race, and how his behavior in not coming forward or speaking with police was due to his race. There are at least five threads filled with posts discussing that. \

Until I read athelake's post page 1 I didn't know this info at all, I missed it: Sunday afternoon, September 14: Graham&#8217;s friends and family realize nobody&#8217;s heard from or seen her since the early hours of Saturday morning&#8212;more than 36 hours before. At 4:34pm, someone calls 911. Police launch a search in the Corner area in the evening with a bloodhound, but turn up nothing.
No one realised she was missing all day and night Saturday? :(

That's the danger of being a college kid away from home with no boyfriend or girlfriend. It's easy to fall through the cracks. I wish young adults would be more cautious about telling someone where they are going and when they expect to be back and who they're with.

Off topic a bit, I learned, over the weekend, some disturbing news about my sisters-in-law - both college girls. They use an app called Tinder and "hook up" with random men they view through the app, based on photos alone. This caused an uproar in my house. I feel they are both doing this to try to seek validation through being wanted by attractive men because both hear dysfunctional messages about appearance, their appearance and the importance of it, from their parents and extended family. It horrified me to know they are not telling anyone who they are meeting and where they are going. Really upsetting. To me, that's basic stuff. I'm always so cautious, with clients, taxi drivers, whatever - I always text someone to let them know who I'm with, where I am and when I;m coming back.

Everyone needs to teach their kids this stuff - especially college bound kids. IMO.

Still not sure how the house is being "framed". I take "framed" to mean fabricated evidence to make someone who is innocent appear to be guilty. Perhaps you intended to convey that the house was under surveillance?

LOL, I instantly thought of construction framing!!
Framing, or "rough carpentry," is the basic building skill of new construction and almost every remodeling addition project. This section explains the basics of wood framing.
http://www.hometime.com/Howto/projects/framing/frame_1.htm
(Coy now promising article with witness interviews from people who were with JM on the night of Hannah's disappearance will be published tomorrow morning. *Sigh*.

And he's crying again ...)

I'm glad to know there is a journalist out there who cares enough and is moved enough by the case of a young, darling, intelligent girl who has dsiappeared and whose frantic family is desperate for news of her whereabouts.
This IS what society should care about and be emotional about.

Checking in with the locals again today. Anyone know where they were searching today?

Maybe we should start a thread about searches? I've heard nothing and it would be nice not to have to wade through the general threads loooking for info. Possibly especially for locals who want to help, if they can.

"we had no reason to believe she was here for any other purpose" (other than that Hannah was lost)
no reason to believe she knew Matthew
link?
who said this? what does it mean? tia

The press confrence could have information on the location of JM or information from the searches for the remains of Hannah. The chief has all ready said he probably would not be able to comment much on the lab results. IMO
I'm hoping that he either turned himself in or the LE picked him up in Charlottesville. IMO, he won't be getting any bail & they have plenty of time to prepare their case. They will say he is a flight risk..right duhh!

"the last person seeing Hannah on the mall that night at about 1:40 AM" ~ Coy clarifying the person he has info from that will be shared tomorrow

LOL was supposed to be today! He really only had two things, the talk with Longo and he was going to tell about the last person to see.........well he stretched out the Longo thing for 2 hours. Busy guy. JMO

Every time I hear this I think of Morgan Harrington. I wonder if Chief Longo and the FBI have similar thoughts.

Longo saying again that people are requested to search their property.

link?
who said this? what does it mean? tia

I've been sharing the "listen live" podcast at insidecville.com with Coy Barefoot. That was an interview with Longo.
I was trying to type quickly for people that couldn't get a connection.
Hopefully it will be available to listen to again.

So if presser is 7pm there what's that uk time if I'm 11pm now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654