VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to perpetuate rumors, but a lot of this guy's actions suggest that he isn't the brightest. . . .

Yet that and despite getting busted within a week or so here, some continue to want to think he's a serial killer who has been able to evade any hint of suspicion and detection all this time.....

Really? Looked at a map and it looks like state route 124 goes there?? Not so? I don't know the area at all.

Well shoot...maybe my ex always told me that to save taking the long way lol.

As far as I know the only way is by ferry?

Galveston Island to Port Bolivar
The Galveston-Port Bolivar ferry is the bridge between two segments of State Highway 87. South of IH-10, State Highway 87 is the only highway around Galveston Bay. The free ferry service provided by TxDOT is the only way motorists can cross the waterway between Bolivar Peninsula and Galveston Island.

The ferry service is critical to the residents of Bolivar Peninsula when a hurricane threatens. The ferries are the primary means of evacuation through Galveston to the causeway and the mainland. Ferries continue crossing the channel until high winds and tides make their mission unsafe. The boats are then secured in their moorings at the Galveston landing facility.

http://http://www.galveston.com/galvestonferry/

Just considering possibilities. Why would he go to an area surrounded by water? Was he despondent?

We could speculate for days/hours/years on his mental state...

I think the bigger questions would be: where was he headed? Did he have anyone with him (mom?)? Where is his sisters car? Was he staying with someone?

I cannot believe people can make jokes about such a tragic situation. This is still a mystery. I would personally like to see all of the evidence before I make judgments. I also would like to see this case end with Hannah found alive. I am saddened about my little town. My mother just informed me that the police surrounded a man and his mom having lunch at McDonald's on Pantops yesterday. The man had braided hair but was not the same man. His mom was on the local news stating that a woman was just "staring" at them while they were eating lunch so she had a feeling someone thought her son was Jesse Matthew. Of course they were having lunch but this type of hysteria leads to that which does not lead to cases solved.

First of all - sooooo glad you are safe - you are truly one of a very few miracle survivors!

But do you think if the police are looking for a missing girl and they have put out "wanted" posters and you see someone that looks like the photo you should not look at them or alert the police? I am thankful that citizens were on the lookout for him!! I do not view that as hysteria AT ALL...... jmho.

He seemed to me a guy desperate for a "victory" and was delivered one on a silver platter when Jesse Matthew turned himself in. Chief Longo is not Supercop. He's chief of police of a college town with a medium sized population. That is all.

JM turned himself in? Link?

Yet that and despite getting busted within a week or so here, some continue to want to think he's a serial killer who has been able to evade any hint of suspicion and detection all this time.....

Or is part of some international trafficking ring where his superiors apparently think he is capable of kidnapping victims w/o being caught, which has not worked out well.

I just can't imagine that is the case. It's just near impossible to fake a US passport. Maybe he had another plan? I assume we're speculating that he had photos taken?
He did. At DMV in the 19th

Looks like I am going to be eating a lot of crow this week. Just hope they find Hannah.. can't imagine the pain.

I'm with you, Tracey.. I think Chief Longo is doing an amazing job.. I'm thankful that he is at the helm of this investigation, Hannah deserves the best, imo.

Thank you! If it were MY daughter, I could only HOPE to have someone so passionate in charge.

Take it from someone who has crossed over the border to Mexico quite a few times. He would most likely NOT need his passport going into Mexico. He would need it coming back. I say this because the Mexican Border Patrol very rarely checks passports. They waive you in :)

Say What??

We could speculate for days/hours/years on his mental state...

I think the bigger questions would be: where was he headed? Did he have anyone with him (mom?)? Where is his sisters car? Was he staying with someone?
I also want to know what/if they found anything on his person or in the car...

I believe it is legal to sleep, maybe even drive on the beaches in Galveston. Maybe he needed to get out of the car and get a little rest. JMO

It is legal to drive on Bolivar Island...we got our mini van stuck there. To us, the island seemed pretty desolate. I asked my husband to make sure I was remembering correctly and he agreed that we did not see a ton of people anywhere we went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo