VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone agree with this speculation? The bloodhounds lost her scent in the Water Street Parking Garage (indicating that she left in a car with someone). Survelliance videos of the parking garage were reviewed and vehicles that left the garage that evening with drivers/passengers fitting the descriptions of the POI were investigated. The car was traced to an owner residing in Hessian Apartments . . . . . yielding the need for search warrants.
To a point... because that garage closed at 1:00am on the night Hannah went missing. But that doesn't disallow a number of related possibilities, such as Hannah and the POI walking through that garage, and/or the POI's car being parked on a street adjacent to the garage. And then either a camera captured his license plate or a witness (as yet unreported) did so. That's really all it would take to get probable cause for a search warrant on the vehicle (and properties associated w/ the vehicle, i.e. the address on the vehicle registration.)

From Hawes Spencer's twitter:
#HannahGraham Chief Longo says that "descriptors" released yesterday led to vehicle parked here at 164 Hessian Hills Way.
@HawesSpencer

So sounds like someone recognized the POI description?

bbm

"Police executed a search warrant this morning in connection with the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham.

Law enforcement officials have been issued with a total of five warrants for homes or properties within the City of Charlottesville, MailOnline has learned.

Details of the warrants remain sealed on the orders of a judge, and will remain secret for up to 180 days, unless the judge changes the ruling."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arch-car-apartment-complex.html#ixzz3DmCQkUys
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The water street garage closes at 1am so maybe this perp was parked outside of the garage on the street. I do recall mention that you can leave after hours with a credit card tho. So can anyone confirm this? Maybe it just closes at 1am for people entering not leaving?

Not a fan of a reporter that spells "breaking" as "braking" news....really Parker??

Good point! I didn't realize that the garage closed at 1am on Friday night.

However, there IS street-parking and a lot, adjacent to the garage entrance. She could have gotten into a car from any of these areas.

To a point... because that garage closed at 1:00am on the night Hannah went missing. But that doesn't disallow a number of related possibilities, such as Hannah and the POI walking through that garage, and/or the POI's car being parked on a street adjacent to the garage. And then either a camera captured his license plate or a witness (as yet unreported) did so. That's really all it would take to get probable cause for a search warrant on the vehicle (and properties associated w/ the vehicle, i.e. the address on the vehicle registration.)

The water street garage closes at 1am so maybe this perp was parked outside of the garage on the street. I do recall mention that you can leave after hours with a credit card tho. So can anyone confirm this? Maybe it just closes at 1am for people entering not leaving?

The Water Street Garage has gates that come down at or around 1 am. You can't get in there...or out. I've learned the hard way.

The parking garage on Water St. is directly across from another paid parking lot. If the garage was closed after 1AM, perhaps video footage could still show those leaving the other lot. Just a thought.

I believe you can leave the garage after closing hours (the gate will rise to let you out, if you have a valid ticket), but the entrance is closed . . . . you cannot bring a car into the garage, or take a ticket after closing hours.

I will say that Chief Longo is not only a really good cop, but an amazing person. Personal note...the guy is a BEAST in the gym. Whenever he's there, I just watch in amazement. :blushing:

Interesting thought, Bakerlady, and I do recall a local pointing out that the adjacent Water Street *parking lot* went 24 hours CC only as of the first of this month. But it sounds like you cannot leave the Water Street Parking Garage after it closes without the assistance of the garage personnel. Here is language from the Charlottesville Parking Center webpage:

"If your car is locked in either the Market Street Garage or Water Street Garage after hours, please proceed to the parking attendant booth near the front of the garage to find the appropriate number to call to retrieve your car. There will be a $100 charge if you request to have someone unlock the garage after hours. If you need to retrieve your car after hours, please call 434.295.4131. "

Depending on the size, I wouldn't be shocked if it took all day. I also hope maybe they will find something of Morgan's..... Like maybe a necklace?

Morgan's case was one of the first I followed at WS. I remember that necklace. Swarovski with 3 chain links as I recall. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha