VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter your post always make such good sense to me thank you!

This wouldn't be the first time I heard of someone who couldn't wait to get home but then when they had a chance to go elsewhere they did.

But where would she have gone? She had no money for food, plus she'd need everyday things like toothbrush, hairbrush/comb, girl stuff, underwear/socks and on and on.

I've always thought the ex-stepfather is involved but I really hope not for if he is she may no longer be with us. Time will tell eventually.

Say speculatively they are laying low because they have a suspect - wouldn't said suspect be weirded out by the silence, as compared to a vague "seeking any tips, report sightings" generic LE message/press conference? Also even with a suspect and if they have an idea what's going on, wouldn't there be a continued need for evidence? To acquire it, maintain its integrity, and so on. God forbid Katelin is deceased, this is all quiet time for her remains to disappear, or if she's in need somewhere this is time where her face is fading from the public memory... Morbid I know but I'm so baffled!

If they thought she was murdered by someone she knew. They would have been interviewing family members or friends non stop.

I don't agree with this, Dexter. We don't know if they have been interviewing the step-father repeatedly and we haven't heard much from the mother either. While the sister and some of the more distant family members have been vocal about some things, they have not said anything at all about what LE are doing to find Katelin. There could be a whole lot of interviewing going on that we aren't aware of. On the other hand, if they have one suspect in mind, there would not be any reason to do non-stop interviewing of family and friends.

There have been a lot of cases where we don't hear anything for months and the case appears to be cold and then suddenly an arrest is made.

If LE thought she was truly kidnapped. They would have told us her last ping area when sending the texts to mom and Amber. With the hopes of the publics help. Jmo

If they thought she was murdered by someone she knew. They would have been interviewing family members or friends non stop.

If they knew she ran away. They would have said that we are suspending the case because it looks like a voluntary missing adult. But if you sight her. Please let us know so we can confirm this.

But what if they suspect her involvement in something else. They probably wouldn't say anything until they can eliminate that option. Jmo

So imo. Katelin wasnt kidnapped nor murdered which is only my opinion with a side order of Just My Opinion.

This is what I think is going on. All of a sudden there's going to be an arrest out of nowhere no one was expecting. I've seen it happen like that before, not all the time or anything, but that's what my hunch is here. There's an "Arrest!!" post coming soon, I hope.

JMO

This is what I think is going on. All of a sudden there's going to be an arrest out of nowhere no one was expecting. I've seen it happen like that before, not all the time or anything, but that's what my hunch is here. There's an "Arrest!!" post coming soon, I hope.

JMO

If they've stopped asking for clues and giving statements it's a good sign.

I think they are more pointing out the fact that they have had cases before where it turns out that the person has decided he/she didn't want to be found. Not that Katelin has run away before.

This said she had run away before.

I really don't have a good feeling about where Katelin went, one way or another. Whether it was a stranger situation, someone she knew and trusted, her leaving on her own, etc. From all that knew her personally it would seem as if she was excited about where her life in AZ was going. BUT, we've all seen that before - someone who appeared happy/content, but really wasn't and was just doing their best to keep up appearances. Not saying Katelin did this, but we all know it happens.

Something feels way OFF about this case, but maybe it's really not. Every family is different, every local LE agency works a little differently. Some are 24/7 out there, and some are very tight lipped.

I think at this point, unless family or LE disclose something we all didn't already know, there's really nothing to go on. I genuinely hope she's safe, wherever she is.

The only thing that would make sense to me at this point is if she thought she was 'in love' with someone else and they ran off together. She absolutely needs to have had help to pull this off voluntarily, imo.

But I think LE would have been able to establish that if they had access to cell logs and such. So now I don't know.

The only thing that would make sense to me at this point is if she thought she was 'in love' with someone else and they ran off together. She absolutely needs to have had help to pull this off voluntarily, imo.

But I think LE would have been able to establish that if they had access to cell logs and such. So now I don't know.
Even if they have such logs, they have to find her to determine she is alive and there of her own accord before this case can end. She could be in the wind with someone and able to cover her tracks in order to keep LE from easily finding her.

If LE thought she was truly kidnapped. They would have told us her last ping area when sending the texts to mom and Amber. With the hopes of the publics help. Jmo

If they knew she ran away. They would have said that we are suspending the case because it looks like a voluntary missing adult. But if you sight her. Please let us know so we can confirm this.

But what if they suspect her involvement in something else. They probably wouldn't say anything until they can eliminate that option. Jmo

So imo. Katelin wasnt kidnapped nor murdered which is only my opinion with a side order of Just My Opinion.
How do you know they aren't interviewing her family and friends??

Bumpity bump Miss Katelin, you will not be forgotten sweetheart!

Also, the timeline says she asked to be dropped off BY the mall, not AT the mall. Does that have any significance?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

2:00 seems a little early for a 5:40 flight. Why would she and SD even head that way that early?

Bingo. We are 14 years removed from 911, and it still makes sense to get to the airport about ninety minutes early. Almost 4 hours is simple nonsense.

Note that the timeline does not have the time Mom dropped her off at his house. Fill in the blanks for other critical times missing. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

2:00 seems a little early for a 5:40 flight. Why would she and SD even head that way that early?

2:00 PM Amber's time or 2PM Eastern? This may be a misunderstanding due to time zone differences.

re: the times on the day she went missing

I keep wondering about the times too, they could be easily explained but we have no way to know. Hopefully the police asked extensive questions about it.

Why couldnt her mom take her to the airport?
What time did her mother *intend* to take her to the airport? (before she realized she could not)
What time was she dropped at the stepfathers house?
What was the mom's understanding of what the stepfather was going to do exactly?
Did Katelin tell the mother or stepfather what she planned to do at the mall?

etc...

2:00 PM Amber's time or 2PM Eastern? This may be a misunderstanding due to time zone differences.
The timeline stated Katelin's mom received a text at 2pm. Had to be EST, imo

Was that maybe the only time sd was available to take her?

Not suggesting she was at the airport or sent the text, just the reason she headed out so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans