VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her sister was just saying the same thing we have been saying, the case is a mess, the "facts" are all over the place, something is fishy about the story, etc. The words "everyone is changing the story" should not be taken too literally. She could also be referring to the comments on social media where people are taking the little bits of information that has been released and twisting it to mean different things.

BBm

After seeing some of her post; I truly think that is exactly what she is saying. Jmo.

Good catch.

Here's an interesting update.

Gabrielle stood with her relatives and friends, handing out thousands of fliers to shoppers, hoping someone may know where her sister is currently.

"No one really knows what's going on. Everyone is changing the story, it's just everywhere," expressed Gabrielle.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/30732846...reets-searching-for-19-year-old#ixzz3wnLzGSVz

I got all excited for a minute thinking they were passing out flyers recently. This was when Help Save the Next Girl helped them pass them out way back on Dec 12.
I guess the article got updated. I hadn't seen that quote from the sister before, though.

Moo

I got all excited for a minute thinking they were passing out flyers recently. This was when Help Save the Next Girl helped them pass them out way back on Dec 12.
I guess the article got updated. I hadn't seen that quote from the sister before, though.

Moo

Between Katelin and Heather. The Spotsylvania PD has stopped total commenting publicly on these cases around the same time.

I wonder if this is how they do things for murdered and missing women out there.

Idk

Now it seems like they have Heathers case almost solved which is understandable. But they are not really concerned with finding Katelin. Jmo.

Hopefully we will hear something new on this case. It seems as though there is a renewed push to get it back into the media. MOO

Between Katelin and Heather. The Spotsylvania PD has stopped total commenting publicly on these cases around the same time.

I wonder if this is how they do things for murdered and missing women out there.

Idk

Now it seems like they have Heathers case almost solved which is understandable. But they are not really concerned with finding Katelin. Jmo.

It is a bit perplexing.

I just hope everyone is able to put aside all of their feelings, and work together to figure out what has happened. I have wondered if since making the statement that the two cases in that town aren't related, if perhaps they have found other evidence that maybe supports that there was something that ties them together? Just thinking maybe this is why we haven't heard a thing from LE.

Here's an interesting update.

Gabrielle stood with her relatives and friends, handing out thousands of fliers to shoppers, hoping someone may know where her sister is currently.

"No one really knows what's going on. Everyone is changing the story, it's just everywhere," expressed Gabrielle.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/30732846...reets-searching-for-19-year-old#ixzz3wnLzGSVz

It's almost sounds like how a little kid would react who's told "their story" & how it's supposed to & now "every.one.keeps.changing.it!!"(Insert stomping feet while saying it.)
At least that's the way it came across to me.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Keep in mind that GA is young, just had a baby, and her sister is missing.

Yes, I think we are standing on slippery ground if we judge anybody's intentions, commitment and level of care by the way they behave on social media (if indeed they choose to go there at all).
Without anything from the media, the police or anybody directly related to this case, well, we have nothing new.

And just my final 2cents before leaving:
If something awful has happened to KL, I find that the police have acted strangely and differently to the way we have seen LE processes and procedures elsewhere here on WS. The fact that they are, IMO, departing from the norm means that either:
a) they know something and telling the world what they know will jeopardize the case...
Or,
b) it is not a true missing person's case, and that LE has some reason to believe the normal search protocol will be fruitless i.e. an adult has disappeared under her own steam.

When this thread opened up over a month ago, I believed the worst had happened. Now, I am not sure. And so again I ask: Katelin, if you are out there girl, please let someone know.
:)

I basically just popped in to see how you guys have been coming along on this case, and it seems that it certainly is one of the more tougher ones. Nevertheless I think everyone here is doing a fantastic job, and I believe this mystery will be solved. I've been working on some cold cases, and will stop back in a day or so.

Get some rest, and have great night.

Ibiz

Yes, I think we are standing on slippery ground if we judge anybody's intentions, commitment and level of care by the way they behave on social media (if indeed they choose to go there at all).
Without anything from the media, the police or anybody directly related to this case, well, we have nothing new.

And just my final 2cents before leaving:
If something awful has happened to KL, I find that the police have acted strangely and differently to the way we have seen LE processes and procedures elsewhere here on WS. The fact that they are, IMO, departing from the norm means that either:
a) they know something and telling the world what they know will jeopardize the case...
Or,
b) it is not a true missing person's case, and that LE has some reason to believe the normal search protocol will be fruitless i.e. an adult has disappeared under her own steam.

When this thread opened up over a month ago, I believed the worst had happened. Now, I am not sure. And so again I ask: Katelin, if you are out there girl, please let someone know.
:)

Agree. I wonder if they are trying to connect the 2 cases but really don't want to say at this point.

Because they still allow their pd number on the flyers; So obviously she is still missing to them. But the pd is also not doing any public pleas nor conferences; So obviously they don't think she's in grave danger.

So why is the pd complicating the publics emotions with this case by staying mum. Jmo

Agree. I wonder if they are trying to connect the 2 cases but really don't want to say at this point.

Because they still allow their pd number on the flyers; So obviously she is still missing to them. But the pd is also not doing any public pleas nor conferences; So obviously they don't think she's in grave danger.

So why is the pd complicating the publics emotions with this case by staying mum. Jmo

I think they have been misdirected in this case. That is the only conclusion I can come to .

I think they have been misdirected in this case. That is the only conclusion I can come to .

I don't feel a sense of urgency in this case. It feels more like perhaps KA has made contact with LE. I could be so wrong, but perhaps LE only advised her immediate family.

I don't feel a sense of urgency in this case. It feels more like perhaps KA has made contact with LE. I could be so wrong, but perhaps LE only advised her immediate family.

I'd wondered about that but then we have the NAMUS post. Wouldn't LE have that taken down if they've verified she's okay? Also, on the public FB page, a local reporter was asking friends and family to contact for a story. I'd be surprised to see that going on if she'd been found. Do we know if any friends and family actually worked with the reporter? I hadn"t seen anything but wasn't sure if I'd missed something posted online.

I still think something is off here but I have no idea what. One or more people aren't telling the whole truth, unless Katelin was grabbed at the mall or the airport by a random stranger. Even then, it is surprising they haven't found any footage in either of those highly public places. And if they have found footage of that, but haven't disclosed it, then they must have a description of a suspect and I think it is weird that they wouldn't have released a sketch, a vehicle description, a plea for information around a given time in a given location, etc.

TBH I just don't think LE would waste time and resources as well as public attention with an adult that they know to be safe. So IMO (and only MOO), I cannot believe that they have heard from Katelin or have otherwise located her safely/alive. I believe even if they had located her in a hospital or under medical care, that they would have disclosed to the public that "the case is closed" and nothing more. If not to assuage public fears, then to get the case off of their own list. LE might "drop a case" by letting it slip through the cracks, but they are not going to forget about one they've already solved. There are enough cases that have not or cannot be solved that I sincerely doubt they will have solved one and forget to cross it off. JMO.

(modsnip)

did something to her bad and got rid of the belongings and then sent those text messages, perhaps even private messages on facebook to act like it was voluntary. IMO

IMO there is zero chance LE has been in contact with Katelin.

(modsnip). It is possible tho, a reasonable scenario for that would be that once the plans changed regarding how she was getting to the airport she might say "well if you are only taking me to the metro, and you are taking me hours earlier then i need to be there, then just drop me at the mall and I will pass some time there".

(modsnip)

I still try to hold out hope that she left on her own but the facts have never supported it. I will be happy to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214