VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't have to "run away" to get away from her family in VA, she had a plane ticket to AZ for that very day that would have solved that.

Every person that has commented on it has said that she was absolutely looking forward to going back to AZ.

(IMO there is no evidence that we know of that she wanted to run away from anything, there is evidence she had plans and a situation she was looking forward to going back to. Can we be sure that she didnt have all kinds of other things going on in her head? No, I suppose not.)

(modsnip)

It is possible tho, a reasonable scenario for that would be that once the plans changed regarding how she was getting to the airport she might say "well if you are only taking me to the metro, and you are taking me hours earlier then i need to be there, then just drop me at the mall and I will pass some time there".

(modsnip)

I still try to hold out hope that she left on her own but the facts have never supported it. I will be happy to be wrong.

I agree drjones...

To me, I believe that LE was focused on the other girls' murder right from the beginning. They quickly assessed Katelin's situation and decided that she went off on her own. Maybe one or two LE were on the case, but as the Sargent had said from the beginning that they have seen it before that people take off. I think they went into the case with that mindset. Therefore lost valuable time.

I feel they also expressed that to her VA family, as they all seem to believe she is alive from LE, and that is probably why we hear nothing from them. (IMO I got that feeling from the fb posts)

(modsnip)

I just absolutely do not believe someone that doesn't have any money would throw away their wallet (with a working debit card in it) and $10. When you have nothing, that would be a lot.

I'm hoping that LE has figured out what happened to her, and are getting ducks in a row.

It would be great to be wrong.

All the above is my opinion.

Katelin's case is somewhat like Maura Murray's case. There were some differences as it looked like Maura may have wanted to leave of her own volition, but Katelin had future plans -- afaik.
It's been a while since I've read or watched anything about Ms. Murray's case, so my facts might be 'off'.
The only real clues are what Katelin left behind.
Who leaves a debit card and cash behind ? Much less their clothing ?
As if Katelin vanished into thin air. :(

Do we know if any friends or acquaintances saw her ? Obviously her mom and stepdad saw her...anyone else ?
:moo:

Katelin's case is somewhat like Maura Murray's case. There were some differences as it looked like Maura may have wanted to leave of her own volition, but Katelin had future plans -- afaik.
It's been a while since I've read or watched anything about Ms. Murray's case, so my facts might be 'off'.
The only real clues are what Katelin left behind.
Who leaves a debit card and cash behind ? Much less their clothing ?
As if Katelin vanished into thin air. :(

Do we know if any friends or acquaintances saw her ? Obviously her mom and stepdad saw her...anyone else ?
:moo:

But the debit card was tied to Amber's bank, so using it would be odd if she did leave on her own. If I were trying to run off I certainly wouldn't be using something traceable like a bank card. And if I were trying to make it look less like I ran off I would leave cash for the exact reason that we've seen here. People think it's crazy to run off and have no money, so it would look less like a voluntary disappearance. But we really don't know if she had squirreled away any money, or if she had made plans with someone else who was going to provide for her. As it was in AZ she seemed to be rather dependent on Amber for everything, so maybe she made arrangements with another person to do the same.

As far as the clothes, we aren't 100% sure what the deal is with the clothes. We heard they were not found with the suitcase, then some weird reporting said they were. In my opinion, a person who disappears themselves could certainly have taken some clothes with them. Maybe things that could be layered and not easily identified. We've seen how different she has looked in so many pictures. She could color her hair and take on a whole different style. Leave out the piercings and keep the tattoos covered.

I may be in the minority, but I just don't feel she was abducted by a stranger OR harmed by someone close to her. I feel that she had the assistance of someone and disappeared herself. That's just my opinion based on what I've gleaned from things that have (and have not) been said/put out there.

Sorry if this has been asked/made clear already (I've been MIA from this thread for the last week), but do we know whether her luggage found was just a carry-on bag or would it have to have been checked as baggage with airline? I'm assuming it was just a carry-on size bag since I think I read that she traveled light, but looking for clarification.

And if she traveled with a carry-on bag, carry-on bag + purse, carry-on bag and a bag to be checked, or with all three?

If not carry-on, then to me it seems a little odd that the tickets would be packed in her checked baggage, imho. I don't know ...

Thanks!

Sent via Tapatalk - excuse my fumbling typos as I'm in a mobile.

She didn't have to "run away" to get away from her family in VA, she had a plane ticket to AZ for that very day that would have solved that.

Every person that has commented on it has said that she was absolutely looking forward to going back to AZ.

(IMO there is no evidence that we know of that she wanted to run away from anything, there is evidence she had plans and a situation she was looking forward to going back to. Can we be sure that she didnt have all kinds of other things going on in her head? No, I suppose not.)

If she did send mom and amber the texts, then she ran away and didn't want to speak personally to them. Jmo.

But we don't know who has sent the text. But I noticed that amber changed her profile pic on the Facebook page back to a regular picture of herself and not the flyer. So maybe she feels like a runaway theory is plausible. Idk.

I feel sad for her and nicole. (modsnip) Idk.

(modsnip)

did something to her bad and got rid of the belongings and then sent those text messages, perhaps even private messages on facebook to act like it was voluntary. IMO

I believe the same. I just struggle to see what the motive might be if it was intentional.

Sorry if this has been asked/made clear already (I've been MIA from this thread for the last week), but do we know whether her luggage found was just a carry-on bag or would it have to have been checked as baggage with airline? I'm assuming it was just a carry-on size bag since I think I read that she traveled light, but looking for clarification.

And if she traveled with a carry-on bag, carry-on bag + purse, carry-on bag and a bag to be checked, or with all three?

If not carry-on, then to me it seems a little odd that the tickets would be packed in her checked baggage, imho. I don't know ...

Thanks!

Sent via Tapatalk - excuse my fumbling typos as I'm in a mobile.

She had the old tickets in her bag, and I don't think it was ever in print what type of bag she had.

This is a good example of why we can't just use SM quotes as fact. It was stated as fact by a family member that it was the new ticket from VA to AZ in her bag and now its being "confirmed by family members" to be the old ticket. Very confusing and frustrating for everyone, I imagine.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I have to say, her fiance's FB page doesn't look like the page of someone's who's fiance has gone missing under rather mysterious circumstances. It's entirely possible I suppose this is her way of coping. We all do different stuff to deal with things.

(modsnip)

Lastly, the NamUs page for Katelin still hasn't changed.

ADMIN NOTE: Do not make allegations and cast aspersions upon ANYONE without facts to support your suspicions, but pay particular care with comments about family members.

Perhaps Amber has decided to go with the runaway theory. As her fiancée, it would be devasting to think/believe your fiancé left you in such a manner.

It makes me wonder IF perhaps Amber changed her Facebook pictures so if Katelin has access to Facebook, she would see that Amber had removed pictures of the two of them which would upset Katelin. After all, we do not know where Katelin is, let alone if she ran, the reason why.

My feeling is Katelin was stressed to the max with problems in Virginia. She reached her breaking point and took off.

My opinions only.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I have to say, her fiance's FB page doesn't look like the page of someone's who's fiance has gone missing under rather mysterious circumstances. It's entirely possible I suppose this is her way of coping. We all do different stuff to deal with things.

(modsnip)

Lastly, the NamUs page for Katelin still hasn't changed.

Her way of coping might include keeping the Facebook posts about Katelin friends only.
JMO

A question I have never heard answered. Did Katelin use her ticket out of VA and perhaps get off at the stopover? Or was her plane non-stop?

All I have read is the debate on the ticket in her luggage being the ticket from AZ to VA and she had not printed her ticket from VA back to AZ.

LE knows the answer to this, however, I have never seen it published.

She never got on a plane, and there is no evidence of her at the airport or at the bus station.

Perhaps Amber has decided to go with the runaway theory. As her fiancée, it would be devasting to think/believe your fiancé left you in such a manner.

It makes me wonder IF perhaps Amber changed her Facebook pictures so if Katelin has access to Facebook, she would see that Amber had removed pictures of the two of them which would upset Katelin. After all, we do not know where Katelin is, let alone if she ran, the reason why.

My feeling is Katelin was stressed to the max with problems in Virginia. She reached her breaking point and took off.

My opinions only.

She had a plane ticket to literally "take off" and leave Virginia in just a few hours. To go back to a situation which, according to every single person that has commented on it, she loved and was looking forward to returning to.

She had a plane ticket to literally "take off" and leave Virginia in just a few hours. To go back to a situation which, according to every single person that has commented on it, she loved and was looking forward to returning to.

If LE thought she was truly kidnapped. They would have told us her last ping area when sending the texts to mom and Amber. With the hopes of the publics help. Jmo

If they thought she was murdered by someone she knew. They would have been interviewing family members or friends non stop.

If they knew she ran away. They would have said that we are suspending the case because it looks like a voluntary missing adult. But if you sight her. Please let us know so we can confirm this.

But what if they suspect her involvement in something else. They probably wouldn't say anything until they can eliminate that option. Jmo

So imo. Katelin wasnt kidnapped nor murdered which is only my opinion with a side order of Just My Opinion.

This wouldn't be the first time I heard of someone who couldn't wait to get home but then when they had a chance to go elsewhere they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans