VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that this case hasn't been finished with someone behind bars for at least 6 months now, trial pending, is such a travesty.

i wonder if there was a search warrant that allowed them access to his computer, vehicles, and phone. or if he allowed them access.

it seems to me that since he is unwilling to provide with the password to his phone, he probably didnt hand it over willingly either.

so assuming there was a search warrant, should they have been able to access his bank records also?

thinking about what, if any, purchases he may have made around that time that may seem suspicious.

i wonder what he is hiding on that phone, i suppose you could argue that it is just a principled stand, but i think we would all agree that if we had nothing to hide and it would help eliminate us as suspects in a disappearance/murder - we would offer up complete access to the phone. if you were worried about some evidence of some minor crime on the phone (idk buying pot or something) i think you could work out a deal to have the police ignore any evidence of unrelated misdemeanors in return for your cooperation or something.

they have access to his phone records and pings from the phone company, what types of things would be on the phone but not reflected in the phone company logs?

pictures? what about something like internet browser history?

The fact that this case hasn't been finished with someone behind bars for at least 6 months now, trial pending, is such a travesty.

i dont think its ever going to happen unless she is found, or some other strong evidence that proves she was the victim of a crime, or a witness or accomplice after the fact comes forward.

One thing that surprises and maybe angers me too, is that no one has come forward and said something about KA's and SD's relationship. Fights, good relationship, volatile, friendly... anything? I haven't heard any "it couldn't be him because..." but nor have I heard any "we should have known" statements either. Everyone is just sort of mum on the whole thing. Maybe because LE asked them to be... but Spotsy isn't really known for their brilliant detective work?

One thing that surprises and maybe angers me too, is that no one has come forward and said something about KA's and SD's relationship. Fights, good relationship, volatile, friendly... anything? I haven't heard any "it couldn't be him because..." but nor have I heard any "we should have known" statements either. Everyone is just sort of mum on the whole thing. Maybe because LE asked them to be... but Spotsy isn't really known for their brilliant detective work?

I dunno..her friend in the CrimeWatch piece (who she texted or talked to everyday) stated it wasn't a good relationship or something to that effect....he did say she wasn't comfortable around him.

i was just typing out a ridiculously long post about trying to imagine a scenario where something else happened to katelin, but its really not worth it, if anyone thinks they have a reasonable alternate scenario please post it.

there, i just saved you from reading about 400 words of what amounted to nonsense, you're welcome. ;)

😂

I think we all wish other scenarios would fit that would point to Katelin being alive and well, but unfortunately, the facts lead to one thing

Wouldn't the inconsistencies between his story and the cellphone pings be enough probable cause to get a search warrant for his house?

Wouldn't the inconsistencies between his story and the cellphone pings be enough probable cause to get a search warrant for his house?

That's what I don't understand.

yep im confused too, it seems like they had a warrant for other things but no mention of his house.

im also wondering where the evidence is of his car being in the area of the mall, and when exactly it happened, and how it fits into the timeline...

wasnt there a reporter early on that seemed to be covering this closely? does anyone remember who that was?

seems like there is a lot to look into further now, maybe they are already on it, i hope so.

I think LE said at first that his car was seen on video near the mall. But imo. What if he has a common car.

Because i see 1000 cars in my town that looks just like my car. Lol

I think LE said at first that his car was seen on video near the mall. But imo. What if he has a common car.

Because i see 1000 cars in my town that looks just like my car. Lol

iirc we went over this issue a number of times and all they actually said was the quote i used, unless i missed something which is possible.

edit - ok i didnt actually use a quote but it would have been;

"[FONT=&amp]According to Captain Jeff Pearce with the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been able to corroborate that Akens’ stepfather’s car was in the area of the mall that day, though there is no surveillance video of Katelin or her stepdad at Springfield Town Center. Captain Pearce says cameras were not covering the area of the mall that the stepfather says he left Katelin. He would not elaborate on how investigators confirmed the car was there."

i dont think they ever got any more specific than that.[/FONT]

I dunno..her friend in the CrimeWatch piece (who she texted or talked to everyday) stated it wasn't a good relationship or something to that effect....he did say she wasn't comfortable around him.
I caught that too. Didn't the mom also say something about the SD giving Katelyn a ride being a last resort or something similar? I agree though, more transparency into the relationship between KA and SD would be ideal especially if my theory is going to hold any water.

I thought that back in the early threads there was talk about there being a less than ideal relationship between the two. Was that fact or speculation? If I get some free time maybe I'll go through all the threads and pull out a list of facts with their sources. My computer is packed away so I only have my tablet.

I caught that too. Didn't the mom also say something about the SD giving Katelyn a ride being a last resort or something similar? I agree though, more transparency into the relationship between KA and SD would be ideal especially if my theory is going to hold any water.

I thought that back in the early threads there was talk about there being a less than ideal relationship between the two. Was that fact or speculation? If I get some free time maybe I'll go through all the threads and pull out a list of facts with their sources. My computer is packed away so I only have my tablet.

yes, her mother made a point of it that it was a last resort to have him take katelin, she said (para) "so i asked him to take her as a last resort", interviewer "a last resort?", mother "yes, a last resort".

Amber was the first one to report that Katelin claimed her stepfather was abusive, no specifics (that can be posted here) were ever given.

Do they mention where katelins phone pinged when she text or called mom and said I made it here.

Or did they mentioned where her phone pinged when she texted Amber about not being able to catch the flight that day?

Now let's say that Katelin was running away or suicidal. Then maybe she texted Amber because Amber was supposed to to meet her at the airport or in Vegas.

So maybe she didn't want Amber to go through that trouble. So she sent her a quick text.

Idk.

Also, it wasn't reported until now that he is an EX stepfather. In every article, they always referred to him as the stepfather, assuming that he and Katelin's mom were still married.

Also, it wasn't reported until now that he is an EX stepfather. In every article, they always referred to him as the stepfather, assuming that he and Katelin's mom were still married.

Yep. But we kind of knew since mum drove Katelin to his house from her house.

So they were definitely separated but social I guess.

Ok I'm done. They need to haul the SD in ASAP:

1:56pm - Katelin texts her mom "I'm at the airport, battery dying" but Katelin's phone pings at that time 30 miles south of the airport.

2:00pm - Katelin's ex-stepdad texts Katelin's mother and says "I dropped Katelin off" - his phone pinged further south close to his home.

7:15pm - Katelin texts her mom "I'm staying with a friend", "I need some time alone" - pinged in Stafford, less than 15 miles from where her luggage was found.

I think that about sums it up. :maddening: :banghead: :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back