Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live News Conference being held in Charlottesville now. Joined by Ed Smart whose daughter was found. They are expected to announce a new Joint Search center.

Dr. Harrington Thanking all for helping to search for Morgan. Need anyone that can help search this weekend. Community search to augment Police search, starts on Nov 6 and runs through Sun Nov 8th. Details on where to meet will be available on Find Morgan. com
Those that want to come can meet on Nov. 5th Cavalier Inn 7 pm. Information about search process will be given in this meeting. Anyone with info on Morgan's disappearance please contact State Police. Reminder about the amount of the reward fund and Thanks to all those that contributed to it.

I feel so bad for her mom. You can just tell this is really getting to her.

I am not able to catch the name clearly, Ed Smart gave the name of a Recovery Center - Lowery maybe - to the Harringtons that will be here tomorrow night.

Mom is talking to Morgan: 2-4-1. Stay strong. Hang on, we're searching. We're coming for you! Then begging to whoever has her: Please let her go, she has so much more to live, more to give, just please let her go!

Corrine Geller, State Police spokewoman, confirmed that Morgan's car was driven to UVA. She has confirmed the last phone call was placed to her phone from her friends at 848. No information known on why she went outside, but do not feel she was told to leave. They are concentrating on where Morgan went after she left JPJ arena because that will lead them to Morgan. What happened inside JPJ arena is not going to lead them to Morgan.

Morgan made it to the other side of the bridge. State police spokesperson says they had multiple sightings on BOTH sides of the bridge.

Interesting. I remember all the news stories at the time about the Route 29 stalker, but I never had heard if he was ever caught.

I found this lengthy two-part article in The Hook:

part 1: http://www.readthehook.com/Stories/2007/05/17/COVER-amalg-29Stalker.rtf.aspx

part 2: http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2007/05/24/COVER-parkmurders-F-0621.rtf.aspx

The prime suspect was in jail for an assault on a bicyclist until 2007, then released on probation. According to the comments thread, he was sent back to jail for probation violation in April of this year. He had been living in Maryland. The second most likely suspect is dead. So probably a red herring -- but you never know. It is creepy.

I am so worried about this girl. I have been following it on the news, but haven't posted here. Like everyone else, I just want her found and reunited with her family who love her so much. I saw her mom on CNN during the press conference and I just can't even imagine being in her shoes! I feel something bad has happened, but I'm PRAYING she is still alive!!!

During the news conference, state police spokesman again emphasized that they are hoping that someone saw a car which stopped suddenly, or that MH was seen getting into a car.

I found this lengthy two-part article in The Hook:

part 1: http://www.readthehook.com/Stories/2007/05/17/COVER-amalg-29Stalker.rtf.aspx

part 2: http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2007/05/24/COVER-parkmurders-F-0621.rtf.aspx

The prime suspect was in jail for an assault on a bicyclist until 2007, then released on probation. According to the comments thread, he was sent back to jail for probation violation in April of this year. He had been living in Maryland. The second most likely suspect is dead. So probably a red herring -- but you never know. It is creepy.

I read all the articles at the time, and I really don't think that the guy you are talking about (who lived in MD recently) was the Route 29 stalker. He was/is too young.

Still missing: Ed Smart joins Harrington parents; new details emerge

"She did make a few attempts to get back into the arena at different entrances,” says Virginia State Police spokesperson Corrinne Geller in an email, declining to elaborate on which entrances or exactly how many times she tried. Previously, police had confirmed only one attempt before Morgan spoke to a friend inside and reportedly told them she’d find her own way home.

In addition to that 8:48pm call, Geller says, police have thoroughly reviewed the phone’s history, including any texts. While Geller refused to elaborate on the number and source of texts sent or received, Morgan’s father, Dan Harrington, told national crime show anchor Nancy Grace that his daughter texted that night with a “young man” but that he was not in the Charlottesville area and was not considered a suspect. Morgan’s purse and battery-less phone were found Sunday morning, October 18, in the RV parking lot adjacent to the UVA track, where Morgan was seen, according to a police timeline, between 9:10 and 9:20pm the previous night. The phone’s battery, says Geller, has not been recovered."

. . . .

Geller says police have reviewed hours of surveillance footage both from the Arena and from area businesses but have found no images of Morgan.

According to the owner of the closest convenience store to John Paul Jones Arena, the 7-11 on Ivy Road, it was several days before investigators reviewed her store’s tapes.

“I believe it was Wednesday, October 21,” says 7-11 franchisee Sabiha Raja. An employee of BB&T bank declined comment on investigators reviewing surveillance at the bank, and the manager of the Cavalier Inn Best Western on Emmet Street did not return the Hook’s call by posting time.

Morgan’s friends who also attended the concert— her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead— have not responded to the Hook’s repeated requests for comment and appear to be maintaining complete media silence. But as chatroom criticism of the friends’ decision to head back to Harrisonburg the night of the concert without Morgan has mounted, Morgan’s parents, Dan and Gil, have publicly defended them.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...-joins-harrington-parents-new-details-emerge/

God bless Morgan....May she soon be found.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the Harrington family.

Hello, I am new here, I hope you don't mind me joining you but I find this case so heartbreaking. It just does not make sense to me. I have been to a lot of concerts in my time and you don't mistake a toilet door for the main door, so why did she end up outside. I know this has been discussed many times, but I think it is the crux of the matter.

We have a case here in England, (I'm from London), which is headlines here at the moment, of a 17 year old girl who was in college, who arranged to meet a chap she met on Facebook. She didn't tell her parents about him but told them she was going to stay with her friend on Sunday night and would be back home at lunchtime Monday. She didn't come home and unfortunately her body was found in a field on the Monday night. A 37 year old known sex offender has been arrested for her murder.

I just wondered if it was something like this with Morgan. (I hope not) Maybe she arranged to meet someone she had been communicating with for a while on Facebook.

Just putting a thought out there. I pray for her every night.

It's very possible a scenario, meeting someone off the internet. Someone also could have been stalking her either from the internet or random. A lot of kids add a ton of people to their myspaces to "friend collect" most of them they don't know. If she had wrote she was going to a concert on either myspace or facebook, a lot of people on her friends list would have been privy to that info.

I thought she went outside to smoke a cig and then couldn't get back in?
I don't know why she didn't just smoke a cig inside somewhere. When i was in HS if i went to a concert, we would smoke inside anyway. There were so many people packed in, it would hardly be noticed.

Still missing: Ed Smart joins Harrington parents; new details emerge

"She did make a few attempts to get back into the arena at different entrances,” says Virginia State Police spokesperson Corrinne Geller in an email, declining to elaborate on which entrances or exactly how many times she tried. Previously, police had confirmed only one attempt before Morgan spoke to a friend inside and reportedly told them she’d find her own way home.

In addition to that 8:48pm call, Geller says, police have thoroughly reviewed the phone’s history, including any texts. While Geller refused to elaborate on the number and source of texts sent or received, Morgan’s father, Dan Harrington, told national crime show anchor Nancy Grace that his daughter texted that night with a “young man” but that he was not in the Charlottesville area and was not considered a suspect. Morgan’s purse and battery-less phone were found Sunday morning, October 18, in the RV parking lot adjacent to the UVA track, where Morgan was seen, according to a police timeline, between 9:10 and 9:20pm the previous night. The phone’s battery, says Geller, has not been recovered."

. . . .

Geller says police have reviewed hours of surveillance footage both from the Arena and from area businesses but have found no images of Morgan.

According to the owner of the closest convenience store to John Paul Jones Arena, the 7-11 on Ivy Road, it was several days before investigators reviewed her store’s tapes.

“I believe it was Wednesday, October 21,” says 7-11 franchisee Sabiha Raja. An employee of BB&T bank declined comment on investigators reviewing surveillance at the bank, and the manager of the Cavalier Inn Best Western on Emmet Street did not return the Hook’s call by posting time.

Morgan’s friends who also attended the concert— her Blacksburg roommate Amy Melvin and JMU student Sarah Snead— have not responded to the Hook’s repeated requests for comment and appear to be maintaining complete media silence. But as chatroom criticism of the friends’ decision to head back to Harrisonburg the night of the concert without Morgan has mounted, Morgan’s parents, Dan and Gil, have publicly defended them.

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/ind...-joins-harrington-parents-new-details-emerge/

I wonder why they say she is injured? I thought it was confirmed that the cut/bruise on her face happened at home or prior to the concert?

"But before the November 4 press conference announcing that the public would be invited to join the search, new information suggests that the injured 20-year-old Virginia Tech student’s efforts to regain entry to the John Paul Jones Arena after she somehow ended up outside during an October 17 Metallica concert were more intense than previously reported."

Okay so now the facial cut is confirmed by LE to have happened at the concert..

Would she have went to the 7-11 to use the ATM to get another ticket?
She intensely tried to get back in, i wonder if she was getting bad vibes from someone eyeing her outside.

It seems odd that if she was intensely trying to get back in, why she didn't try to call her friends inside the arena more times..?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6703068.html

"Twenty-year-old Morgan Dana Harrington was last seen on a bridge that crosses railroad tracks after she became separated from her friends at a Metallica concert Oct. 17."

If i had a friend who was stuck outside a concert alone i would go outside or do whatever to get her back in. Those venues are huge, it's not safe. Maybe her friends were to wasted..?

Does anyone know where this bridge that crosses the railroad tracks looks like?

Hello, I am new here, I hope you don't mind me joining you but I find this case so heartbreaking. It just does not make sense to me. I have been to a lot of concerts in my time and you don't mistake a toilet door for the main door, so why did she end up outside. I know this has been discussed many times, but I think it is the crux of the matter.

We have a case here in England, (I'm from London), which is headlines here at the moment, of a 17 year old girl who was in college, who arranged to meet a chap she met on Facebook. She didn't tell her parents about him but told them she was going to stay with her friend on Sunday night and would be back home at lunchtime Monday. She didn't come home and unfortunately her body was found in a field on the Monday night. A 37 year old known sex offender has been arrested for her murder.

I just wondered if it was something like this with Morgan. (I hope not) Maybe she arranged to meet someone she had been communicating with for a while on Facebook.

Just putting a thought out there. I pray for her every night.

:Welcome-12-june::Banane27:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member