Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/missing-31-year-old-woodbrodge-woman/138760597 The article says her family says she would often go to Shenandoah National Park to run, but the reporter says the family said she used to go to the park and run. The reporter says from the facebook posts of the Dad there were a series of text messages Weds, he's edited that post taken off his original comments, because frankly that would be part of the investigation, maybe he was asked to take it off.
Here's the cache we previously posted at the beginning...
https://webcache.googleusercontent....sts/993284980720496+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Here's how it is now...
https://www.facebook.com/robert.clardy/posts/993284980720496+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Her sister speaks in the video on the phone and she seems guarded in what she says, maybe they don't know what to think. So it appears to me this has become more of an investigation of what happened, than just finding her. I'd really like to know the exact location of the car, and where the dogs picked up her scent. Did they track from the car to a trail?

Skyland Resort appears a logical place to focus some attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyland Resort appears a logical place to focus some attention.

That's probably the largest developed area in the park. And it's National Park Week. I am sure there are plenty of people there, camping, etc.

That's probably the largest developed area in the park. And it's National Park Week. I am sure there are plenty of people there, camping, etc.

Seems like a very manageable distance from car location.

My only problem with the random attacker theory is the SNP is very safe (AFAIK) and IF she did not let anyone know she was going there (and if her car is outside the skyline drive in the remote parking lot) then you have a very "lucky" attacker. (No disrespect to Nicole, I really hope she is found alive and well). Not a lot of people go there mid week during normal business hours that are female and that are alone AND that are confident enough and fit enough to wander into the forest alone.
Most females would go with a partner during a weekend when there is more people. Another thing is the attacker was either in the trail and saw her or in the parking lot and saw her leave her car. It is just very random but random crimes happen every day.
Another thought is Nicole is a EMT/Fire Rescue. I think maybe she would be very confident but very aware things can change in a second and she would have left someone know.

Just rambling.

My only problem with the random attacker theory is the SNP is very safe (AFAIK) and IF she did not let anyone know she was going there (and if her car is outside the skyline drive in the remote parking lot) then you have a very "lucky" attacker. (No disrespect to Nicole, I really hope she is found alive and well). Not a lot of people go there mid week during normal business hours that are female and that are alone AND that are confident enough and fit enough to wander into the forest alone.
Most females would go with a partner during a weekend when there is more people. Another thing is the attacker was either in the trail and saw her or in the parking lot and saw her leave her car. It is just very random but random crimes happen every day.
Another thought is Nicole is a EMT/Fire Rescue. I think maybe she would be very confident but very aware things can change in a second and she would have left someone know.

Just rambling.

National forests are actually quite unsafe. See this link. http://dcxposed.com/2014/04/27/secret-vanishings-americas-national-parks/

To me, the press conference just says that they're getting desperate. The husband works for the police and undoubtedly didn't want to start a media firestorm and have reporters pry into their lives. But now it's been 6 days and she has possibly been in the SNP for that long without much for food and water. They're hoping to get someone who might have seen something to come and tell them, even if it's something small. The SNP is huge and has dangerous areas, they need an idea of where to search.

Foul play and suicide are both possibilities but the most likely scenario is that she was lost, injured or killed while running or hiking.

I also do not find it to be odd that they aren't looking for volunteers. The terrain can undoubtedly be dangerous, especially if they're going off trail. LE is likely only wanting search and rescue workers who are trained to search the park, an injured or lost volunteer would only make things worse imo

Her husband says.. “Sweetheart, I love you,” he said. “I am praying for you. I’m not sure where you are, but know that we are all looking for you and I look forward to your safe return.”

Fairfax County Fire Chief Richard R. Bowers Jr. said at the news conference, “We are putting out a 911 call to the general public and media to help find” Mittendorff."

I feel like this presser might be saying she's possibly not in the park. Her husband was talking to her, do they think she was abducted? At some point the search in the park will be over if they can't find her there, and I hope they give more indication on what they think has happened.

Just rambling.

I dont know if I would call SNP safe. Alicia Reynolds was murdered very close to there and there were reports of numerous women being pulled over by a man in a pickup truck who was flashing his lights at them. If they stopped he would inspect their vehicle and say there was something wrong with it while he offered them a ride.

The FBI even said this man was doing dry runs.

One woman he picked up became fearful of her life and reportedly fought him off causing him to push her out of the vehicle.

This man got out of Federal prison in 2008 or 2009.

If you Google "29 stalker and Alicia Reynolds" you can get a lot more info on the subject.

To me, the press conference just says that they're getting desperate. The husband works for the police and undoubtedly didn't want to start a media firestorm and have reporters pry into their lives. But now it's been 6 days and she has possibly been in the SNP for that long without much for food and water. They're hoping to get someone who might have seen something to come and tell them, even if it's something small. The SNP is huge and has dangerous areas, they need an idea of where to search.

Foul play and suicide are both possibilities but the most likely scenario is that she was lost, injured or killed while running or hiking.

I also do not find it to be odd that they aren't looking for volunteers. The terrain can undoubtedly be dangerous, especially if they're going off trail. LE is likely only wanting search and rescue workers who are trained to search the park, an injured or lost volunteer would only make things worse imo

Also why the cordon off areas so fast, because the dogs get confused with alot of foot traffic. Plus they don't want any suspects searching with them.

I dont know if I would call SNP safe. Alicia Reynolds was murdered very close to there and there were reports of numerous women being pulled over by a man in a pickup truck who was flashing his lights at them. If they stopped he would inspect their vehicle and say there was something wrong with it while he offered them a ride.

The FBI even said this man was doing dry runs.

One woman he picked up became fearful of her life and reportedly fought him off causing him to push her out of the vehicle.

This man got out of Federal prison in 2008 or 2009.

If you Google "29 stalker and Alicia Reynolds" you can get a lot more info on the subject.
I don't know if 20some miles is "very close" or if a 20 year old case is relevant. Maybe it is maybe it isn't.

Alicia Reynolds may be connected but a few crimes doesn't make SNP unsafe. Compared with the number of people who come and go, the crime rate seems pretty low.

Given that Nicole is a firefighter/paramedic and her husband is a cop, there's little to no chance she would pull over for anyone. And an even lower chance of her getting into the car with a stranger

<modsnip> Why it happens is pretty to explain. National parks are large placed and not well protected. A psychopath or several could easily abduct and kill people there. No conspiracy theories required.
Or people could get lost in vast remote and harsh terrain.

Like what specifically?
Mostly it has to do with certain lack of specifics. However, I just learned this was a presser from the fire department and not one called by the VSP which may be the reason why.
I do still have a feeling of foul play.

Other thoughts . .
Suicide? Possible, but not likely imho. Fitness and endorphins! Plus we've heard nothing to indicate trouble or dissatisfaction in personal/professional life.
Accident on trail? Unlikely, because I believe she would have be found.
Accident off trail? Possible, but hikers are more likely to go off-trail, not runners.

The above is only my personal opinions that weigh in as to why I lean more towards foul play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper