Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I ask myself that all the time. I have a friend who does it. I don't want to seem like an alarmist, but I will have to make sure she is aware of Nicole's story.

The lone hiker really needs to give someone their hiking plan and / or wear a locator beacon device.

There has been nothing to suggest anyone murdered this young woman.
LE has all along said they do not suspect foul play.
I think sadly she had some troubles in her life lately.

I hope that this was an accident, for her family's sake. Not that there is any solace in how you lose a family member. I think with the urgency of the search, the fear/sadness displayed by her husband when he spoke, there were reasons they were frantically searching like they were. May she RIP, and I hope her family somehow gets through this.

Damn that's not good. Certainly the wrong person you're with could give you a little nudge and kill you.

I see what you did there.

I don't think she went there to die. If it was an accident it was surely due to some serious risks that she took. I haven't discounted the possibility of murder, more likely by someone she met on the trail, but less likely by someone she knew.

There has been nothing to suggest anyone murdered this young woman.
LE has all along said they do not suspect foul play.
I think sadly she had some troubles in her life lately.

Her family may never get a conclusive answer to what happened. My brother's COD is determined. His MOD is still undetermined. Though it appeared to be suicide and we call it a suicide because of the circumstances in which he disappeared and died, the ME couldn't determine conclusively if it was suicide or homicide or accidental. I hope Nicole's family does not have to live with that uncertainty.

Rixey, you are correct. My husband ended his life last year. The police told me even though it was obvious it was a suicide, that an autopsy was protocol for all deaths whether it is suicide, accident, natural causes, or homicide. We live in Virginia.
I am sorry for your loss JDeer

I wonder if they had guns. I would think they probably do given their careers. Maybe there was one missing from the home and that's why they felt there was no foul play. Prayers to all.

I see what you did there.

I don't think she went there to die. If it was an accident it was surely due to some serious risks that she took. I haven't discounted the possibility of murder, more likely by someone she met on the trail, but less likely by someone she knew.

I'm really not so sure. She called in sick to work and then went all the way out there alone. I don't know if this was a common behavior for her. IIRC, it took them several days to even find her car, so she must not have even told her dad when she spoke to him exactly where she was or where she was going.

Agreed. Too much uncharacteristic behavior on her part.

Damn that's not good. Certainly the wrong person you're with could give you a little nudge and kill you.
I recall reading in some true crime book or documentary that a rock outcropping or cliff edge has been determined to be the perfect place to commit a murder. Shove that spouse that keeps forgetting to put the top back on the toothpaste and unless someone see's you doing the shoving how could it ever be proven?

I hope if it was an accident she died right away instead of suffering without being able to move and alone out there especially at night. RIP Nicole [emoji1317]

I recall reading in some true crime book or documentary that a rock outcropping or cliff edge has been determined to be the perfect place to commit a murder. Shove that spouse that keeps forgetting to put the top back on the toothpaste and unless someone see's you doing the shoving how could it ever be proven?

Wouldn't you think that she'd have told her dad when she spoke to him that day that she was going hiking with someone?

Exactly! I've seen enough cases just like you suggest Naldo the psychopathic national forest stalkers that kill for sport. There have been many that have perished and ruled suicide only because the killers are that good about covering their tracks. We may never know the truth. But it's too easy to say it's accidental or suicide.

The family has confirmed the body found was NM.
There is going to be a NPC by the VSP at 7:30pm EST

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back