VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. I feel if they had been together a lot and planning, someone would have seen them. Dorm mate would have seen her over, etc.

Maybe VT has a mid term. We had that in college. Part of January not everyone was back on campus. Some were doing off campus work and interning and normal schedule didn't resume until end of January. I was only on campus during January to prep to study abroad, but a handful of other students were there to do research, etc. However, it wasn't normal class schedule. Perhaps it was this time they were together more from early Jan-Jan 27th and that's why not as many people saw them.

But I don't know if VT has that sort of January schedule.

i thought it had been mentioned that DE had tutored NK at one time or more within this thread?....? If that is true a relationship of any kind, not just bf/gf could develop easily.

With the Sensitivity Police in full force, I have refrained from questioning parental supervision. But I do think that it is fair to ask if NL's supervisors were aware back around Christmas time, that she was having "inappropriate" chats with adult male(s), why did they not follow up by informing LE? If it was inappropriate it was likely illegal. JMO

I have also refrained from "questioning" any of the parenting, for all parties to this case.
I don't need "sensitivity police" to know that it's poor form to add "insult to injury".

I do wish the RSO had followed up on the friend who mentioned the inappropriate FB relationship. I believe the girl did talk to him, and for whatever reason, it was overlooked somehow. Her mom is quite amendment, on facebook that her daughter did not lie. I wish the RSO could have at least said he had no recollection of that , instead of saying it did not happen. ( a small concession, to spare the child ridicule, and still cover his butt).

I think that DE met NL on one of those groups Nicole was a part of on FB. Nicole seemed to like to take screen shots of conversations, post that she was in a relationship and in love even if she hadn't met the boy, and seemed to have no fear of what her family or parents knew about it. I wonder if she was posting stuff like this about David and that is why DE and NL were always arguing. He told her to take it down and NL would say it's fine my parents won't care. Then NL was grounded from her phone and social media and DE realized that tthe parents were aware and did care and he panicked. NK was obviously obsessed with DE and he knew that and that she would do anything for him. This is maybe how the plan got started.

I still find it so odd that we didn't see anything really from DE on Nicole's pages (except maybe that message on KIK.) She posted so much about other "boys" that it surprises me there wasn't anything about him.

Very true. I feel if they had been together a lot and planning, someone would have seen them. Dorm mate would have seen her over, etc.

Maybe VT has a mid term. We had that in college. Part of January not everyone was back on campus. Some were doing off campus work and interning and normal schedule didn't resume until end of January. I was only on campus during January to prep to study abroad, but a handful of other students were there to do research, etc. However, it wasn't normal class schedule. Perhaps it was this time they were together more from early Jan-Jan 27th and that's why not as many people saw them.

But I don't know if VT has that sort of January schedule.

My son's college (not in VA) has a "mini-session" from Jan. 4-15. Regular Spring session starts Tues., Jan. 19. In addition, they have reduced rate "break housing" for students who do not return to their homes during the holiday break. I wonder if VT offers something similar.

I still find it so odd that we didn't see anything really from DE on Nicole's pages (except maybe that message on KIK.) She posted so much about other "boys" that it surprises me there wasn't anything about him.

Its been said on here somewhere that Nicole had more than one facebook account. She had several different social media accounts like facebook, Instagram, Kik, etc. and could have had multiple of each. Also, she and DE may have been communicating by texts privately and not on social media all of the time.

I'm thinking there was at one point and DE insisted she take it down and not do it anymore. I'm thinking that's what possibly started this whole thing. I have a feeling NL thought she had her parents wrapped around her finger and didn't feel the need to hide things other 13 yr old girls would hide. I think that took DE by surprise.

I don't understand why so many seem to feel NK is the main instigator. Yes, clearly she is disturbed but we know much less about DE, and I feel he will turn out to be equally, if not more so, disturbed.

They’ll be back in court on March 28th.
Yes, Western Virginia Regional Jail.
No.

Inmate lookup tool
http://67.211.128.37:8081/IML

DE charges
01/27/2016 KID1010F5 KIDNAPPING-ABDUCT BY FORCE, DECEPTION, ETC. WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION A
01/30/2016 MUR0925F2 MURDER-NON CAPITAL FIRST DEGREE MURDER A

NK charges (BBM)
01/27/2016 ACC3202M1 ACCOMPLICE-ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - FELONY M
01/27/2016 DNG4800F6 DANGEROUS CONDUCT-CONCEAL ETC. DEAD BODY A 6
01/04/2016 MUR0925F2 MURDER-NON CAPITAL FIRST DEGREE MURDER A 2

The following is an example of how mail sent should be addressed:

Inmate's Name
c/o Western Virginia Regional Jail
5885 West River Road
Salem, Virginia 24153

I don't understand why so many seem to feel NK is the main instigator. Yes, clearly she is disturbed but we know much less about DE, and I feel he will turn out to be equally, if not more so, disturbed.

For myself, I think that's just it. We know more about NK. We know that she has a mood disorder. Cluster B personalities can be extremely manipulative, and can draw in susceptible people with the force of a rip-tide. You are most likely correct about DE, but he has no known history of disturbed behaviors. Also, he is not seeming to be so quick to tell all... Almost makes it feel like NK had planned all along to turn on him, and make herself look less culpable.

It is not necessarily true that NK had the larger role, I just have more info on her, so it feels that way to me. I guess more will come out about DE in good time.

IP address

Taking what the "friend" stated, NK showed up everywhere DE went, is it possible that the IP addresses would be the same? I am so not tech savvy do Idk. Or if computers were used at the school library then it could've been either of them since they both have access to it.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Taking what the "friend" stated, NK showed up everywhere DE went, is it possible that the IP addresses would be the same? I am so not tech savvy do Idk. Or if computers were used at the school library then it could've been either of them since they both have access to it.

Or they could have been on eachother's device... IP address is not 100% fool proof IMO.

Sorry, I am very much behind here. A few random things as I try to get caught up...

First, thank you to whoever posted the legal definition of "sexual contact"! Clears up a lot. I think I can assume LE used the term appropriately if they said it. Let's just hope the reporters were being accurate and not just putting "words into their mouths". I don't think any of those references were direct quotes as the LE officials were unnamed.

I missed the Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew shows. But can someone who saw it clarify...did the kid say NK was showing up at all of his meets? or his practices? Either way is odd, IMO. I'm not sure of the norm at VT, but I didn't think Track was a big "spectator sport" at many places, say like say Football. Maybe that is why they always noticed her.

Here 's VT's academic calendar. It is possible that one or both had classes starting January 4. I find it very likely that DE was back January 4 (or earlier) for Track practices. Athletes don't get much of a break at all. He may also have been taking a class in the winter session. It is possible NK was too.

https://www.registrar.vt.edu/dates_deadlines/academic_calendar/2015-2016.html

As far as my theory at the moment, I still lean more towards "A" (NK Mastermind) but cannot rule out C (equal). I have a hard time seeing B (DE mastermind). Will try to detail my thinking in a separate post.

They have the FBI involved, if I remember correctly, so I think they will be able to use their resources to find out who was talking to whom. If they need to, they can use writing samples, for example, to find trends in their writing patterns.

I think it's quite possible the motive is what police said it is. If this college student was having inappropriate relationship with a 13 year old, he could have run into a lot of problems. Depending on what the relationship was, it could mean being expelled from the college, going to jail or ending on sex offender registry. He didn't even have to have met her for some of these consequences (such as did he send her any inappropriate photos or did he ask her to send him any inappropriate photos?) So he could have decided to kill the victim to keep that from coming out. And we know the victim seemed excited that she had an older "boyfriend" and told other children about it. So by "exposing" the relationship perhaps it is meant that the victim was telling other people about it, or that she was going to post about it on the internet, etc (not necessarily exposing like telling the police).

Then why would this 19 yr old college coed plan a brutal murder to help her math tutor out of a sex charge? I don't believe anyone would plan out a kidnapping/throat cutting of a 13 yr old girl, just to help a friend avoid charges.

And why keep the minion blanket in her room? Nah, I think she was totally into it.

I have a question I've been meaning to ask. I've been seeing this expression throughout. I am not very familiar with sm and can't figure out what "cat fishing" means in relation to it. tia

I have a question I've been meaning to ask. I've been seeing this expression throughout. I am not very familiar with sm and can't figure out what "cat fishing" means in relation to it. tia

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=catfishing

The phenomenon of internet predators that fabricate online identities and entire social circles to trick people into emotional/romantic relationships (over a long period of time).

Possible motivations: revenge, loneliness, curiosity, boredom

The term catfishing was inspired by the 2010 documentary "Catfish."

Will we find out more March 28th? Will we hear more from DE? I'm so perplexed by this all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inmate lookup tool

DE charges
01/27/2016 KID1010F5 KIDNAPPING-ABDUCT BY FORCE, DECEPTION, ETC. WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION A

NK charges (BBM)

Well, that is interesting. I know it was reported at some point that NK was charged with murder as well, then that got 'changed' to accessory before the fact, but if that's an official site with the official charges.... what's going on?

Correct. She had two FB pages several of us found and then I believe she had another one that law enforcement found with more info about DE. So that would be 3 FB pages.

You can tell she loved social media. Even as an adult, it can be easy to be trolled, so I can only imagine what it's like to be a tween navigating and connecting with so many people. I wish schools would actually start teaching classes about social media. It can be used wisely, but it helps to know what and who to look out for. There are a lot of young people who take their interests and hobbies to social media by establishing blogs and tumblrs. For example if you are 10 and have an interest in fashion, why not start blogging about it. Tavi Gevinson did that and it lead to a great online presence and career. Writing blog posts will help your writing and grammar skills. Some have cute youtube channels that garner so many eyeballs that they are able to pay for college by the time they are 18.

Its been said on here somewhere that Nicole had more than one facebook account. She had several different social media accounts like facebook, Instagram, Kik, etc. and could have had multiple of each. Also, she and DE may have been communicating by texts privately and not on social media all of the time.

Inmate lookup tool

DE charges

NK charges (BBM)

The following is an example of how mail sent should be addressed:

Inmate's Name
c/o Western Virginia Regional Jail
5885 West River Road
Salem, Virginia 24153

That is interesting. I didn't think the charge was first-degree murder. And the date is 1/4/16, which is the date mentioned as the date the plotting began.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr