VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #4 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post

why did DE say 'truth will set me free'?

I think it's because it was NK's idea and she did the actual knife work (whether throat cutting or stabbing) and he is naïve enough to think he can just tell that and NK will admit it.
I think being locked up for a few days or weeks will make anyone, no matter how naïve, grow up quick.
The truth? Both of them planned it. And that is enough to potentially put you in jail for life. That's far from setting you free.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Inmate lookup tool
http://67.211.128.37:8081/IML

DE charges
01/27/2016 KID1010F5 KIDNAPPING-ABDUCT BY FORCE, DECEPTION, ETC. WITHOUT JUSTIFICATION A
01/30/2016 MUR0925F2 MURDER-NON CAPITAL FIRST DEGREE MURDER A

NK charges (BBM)
01/27/2016 ACC3202M1 ACCOMPLICE-ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - FELONY M
01/27/2016 DNG4800F6 DANGEROUS CONDUCT-CONCEAL ETC. DEAD BODY A 6
01/04/2016 MUR0925F2 MURDER-NON CAPITAL FIRST DEGREE MURDER A 2

The following is an example of how mail sent should be addressed:

Inmate's Name
c/o Western Virginia Regional Jail
5885 West River Road
Salem, Virginia 24153

Do the 1/27 charges override the charge on 1/4??? :confused:

I'm just trying to make it work with the mod post here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uary-2016-4-*ARRESTS*&p=12339442#post12339442

ETA Good grief!! After going to the inmate lookup, I now see 2nd degree beside the charge on 1/4. Why this is so frustrating for me, I dunno.

hey all... mostly a lurker here, love reading everyone's insights about this very bizarre, very tragic case. it has weighed on me like it has with many of you.

JohnTate90210, thanks for all your photo work... for me, as soon as i saw the DE mugshot, the marks on his nose stood out. the placement of the marks make it look as if they were caused by fingers; almost as if someone was trying to grab at his face. note how the marks are smaller and closer towards the top, as if those could have been caused by smaller fingers--ring and pinkie maybe, while the mark on the bottom of his nose is larger and slightly further apart (middle finger?). there is also a small cut under his nose that could be related (index?). anyway i hate to even think, if i'm correct, of how he got those wounds.

anyway thanks to all for your theories and insights, it's been really interesting following along.

What do you all think, do they now sit in their cells and think "My God what have I done?!!" Regret? Remorse?

I think it would be more "NO, no, no, this is not how this was supposed to go down!"

shrestha13n-2-web.jpg

So based on a "hint' that someone posted earlier, I came across this murder involving Virginia Tech students from 2014. I found this mugshot of Jessica Ewing and Keifer Brown who were both involved in the murder of another student, along with Christian Heller. I did a double take because the female looks eerily like NK, to me at least. Down to the clump of hair on her cheek. Very strange story.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...dered-fellow-student-report-article-1.1611420

For some reason I am lead to believe Nicole's parents have been divorced for several years. Some people here get really testy if you bring up anything about her home life. They think it's off-limits. But this is a murder investigation and it's logical people would be curious about her home life. They should be.

From social media, it seemed she lived with her mother and visited her father. Her father recently remarried. Both parents knew about her social media and told her to stop talking to older guys and even took her phone away.

I was referring to Natalie regarding her parents. Mommy and Daddy divorce. Daddy finds new wife. She is no longer the only female in his life. Possibly looking for a male to adore her, DE.

On another note. What if either or both are in a club at Tech that volunteers in the community. There is an AWARE club...I think it's only female students that mentor middle school girls in Blacksburg. They meet weekly with their kids and discuss some pretty tough subjects that kids find hard to talk to their parents about. He of them being cyber safety. I wonder if NK might have been apart of that and met NL? Just throwing out there that there are opportunities at most all colleges to interact with local kids.

hey all... mostly a lurker here, love reading everyone's insights about this very bizarre, very tragic case. it has weighed on me like it has with many of you.

JohnTate90210, thanks for all your photo work... for me, as soon as i saw the DE mugshot, the marks on his nose stood out. the placement of the marks make it look as if they were caused by fingers; almost as if someone was trying to grab at his face. note how the marks are smaller and closer towards the top, as if those could have been caused by smaller fingers--ring and pinkie maybe, while the mark on the bottom of his nose is larger and slightly further apart (middle finger?). there is also a small cut under his nose that could be related (index?). anyway i hate to even think, if i'm correct, of how he got those wounds.

anyway thanks to all for your theories and insights, it's been really interesting following along.

Welcome guitarmeow!

I thought the same thing. If it is so, hopefully they will be able to get DNA from under her fingernails.

shrestha13n-2-web.jpg

So based on a "hint' that someone posted earlier, I came across this murder involving Virginia Tech students from 2014. I found this mugshot of Jessica Ewing and Keifer Brown who were both involved in the murder of another student, along with Christian Heller. I did a double take because the female looks eerily like NK, to me at least. Down to the clump of hair on her cheek. Very strange story.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...dered-fellow-student-report-article-1.1611420

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ead-stashed-in-sleeping-bag-by-fellow-student

What do you all think, do they now sit in their cells and think "My God what have I done?!!" Regret? Remorse?

Yes, I think they probably have shed many tears to be honest....especially when talking to family. However, its "My God what have I done" and how can I get out of this. Total regret that they got caught. Total remorse as their lives are ruined ..... All about them, but yes they are surely upset. IMHO

shrestha13n-2-web.jpg

Very interesting! I was not aware of this murder case which occured only two years ago this month at VA Tech. The girl, Jessica Ewing was sentenced about one year ago to 45 years in prison followed by 20 years on probation for the murder of the other female VA Tech student. And I have to agree with you that she looks a lot like Natalie Keepers! After reading details of that case however, I still find the current case much more disturbing and troubling!

Yes, I think they probably have shed many tears to be honest....especially when talking to family. However, its "My God what have I done" and how can I get out of this. Total regret that they got caught. Total remorse as their lives are ruined ..... All about them, but yes they are surely upset. IMHO

There's gotta be a lot of "How stupid was that?!" when thinking over how quickly they were tracked down.

So how did they really think they could get away with this? Or did they know they would get caught? They had to have known they would be traced to NL at least by the digital footprint they left behind. As well not even really trying to hide NL. Just seems so hastily done since they were planning for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:welcome:

Do the 1/27 charges override the charge on 1/4??? :confused:

I'm just trying to make it work with the mod post here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...uary-2016-4-*ARRESTS*&p=12339442#post12339442

ETA Good grief!! After going to the inmate lookup, I now see 2nd degree beside the charge on 1/4. Why this is so frustrating for me, I dunno.

I seem to recall explanation in the media after NK's charges were upgraded that VA codes do not distinguish between an being an accessory before the fact of a murder, and a murder itself. The code itself and sentencing guidelines are the same. Minimum 20 years.

I just peeked at the inmate lookup tool, the dates given are supposed to represent the dates of the offense. For the specific charge we are talking about, NK's says 1/4. But DE's says 1/31. So, possibly, that is their way of representing for documentation purposes she's an accessory before the fact, with the 1/4 being the date she allegedly may have started planning. Just guessing though.

So, I don't think the 1/4 charge overrides anything. My understanding is NK has 3 charges currently against her (accessory after the fact, concealment of a dead body and murder/accessory after the fact), and DE has 2 (abduction and murder). It is, though, the most serious of her charges.

I'm curious though that if they believe NK and DE planned together, why doesn't the date on DE's correspond to NK's? Maybe I'm reading too much into this, as possibly in the end it doesn't matter. As this is probably only a paperwork thing. If he's found guilty and they can prove he was in on the planning, maybe that is simply taken into consideration during the sentencing phase for this charge.

And, I think the 2 in the degree column after her charges is just that this particular charge is just indicating it is a 2nd degree felony. His is a 2nd degree felony too. It just wasn't detailed as such on the paperwork.

That's my understanding. Hope I clarified, rather than muddied things up! Lookup tool again for reference:

http://67.211.128.37:8081/IML

OK this is weird. People here kept mentioning Leopold and Loeb, who I had never heard of. Anyway, I was checking out the TV menu for tonight because there's an ancenstry show at 8 I wanted to see. And right after that I saw at 9 is American Experience: Leopold and Loeb.

Very interesting! I was not aware of this murder case which occured only two years ago this month at VA Tech. The girl, Jessica Ewing was sentenced about one year ago to 45 years in prison followed by 20 years on probation for the murder of the other female VA Tech student. And I have to agree with you that she looks a lot like Natalie Keepers! After reading details of that case however, I still find the current case much more disturbing and troubling!

This has to be 'gossip' still on campus.............DE/NK know about this? hmmm

New article from ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-virginia-teen-discussed-boyfriend-abduction-friend/story?id=36806467

"The friend, whose identity is not being publicly disclosed, also told ABC News that Nicole had met with David at a park at least once time before she disappeared Jan. 27.

The park, called Nellie's Cave, is visible from Nicole's bedroom window, has walking trails and is featured on several online running routes through the town of Blacksburg, Virginia."

hoping this park is added to our casemap.

So if anyone happened to bump into him in the area near Nicole's residence he could claim he was just there running, checking out some new trails. Convenient.

New article from ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-virginia-teen-discussed-boyfriend-abduction-friend/story?id=36806467

"The friend, whose identity is not being publicly disclosed, also told ABC News that Nicole had met with David at a park at least once time before she disappeared Jan. 27.

The park, called Nellie's Cave, is visible from Nicole's bedroom window, has walking trails and is featured on several online running routes through the town of Blacksburg, Virginia."

Well, that answers quite a few questions, I think. If he met her in person, there's no question about NK being behind their online relationship, or about DE being a pedophile, IMO. Poor Nicole. My heart breaks for her all over again.

^^Historydetective63, I agree the current case is much more disturbing. That previous murder sounds more like a lover's quarrel and unpremeditated , whereas the murder of Nicole was callously planned and executed. I don't know if DE or NK feels genuine remorse for killing a little girl, but maybe that will come in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavalluccicheryl