GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There also were messages that Eisenhauer exchanged with another juvenile girl, identified in court as B.B., with whom he’d formed a relationship during the summer of 2015. He met B.B. in person at least five times, sometimes picking her up from school and taking her home. They communicated daily using the Kik app on their phones, prosecutors said.

The relationship with B.B. continued as Eisenhauer became involved with Lovell. In December 2015, Lovell messaged B.B. to say he had met a girl at a party and that she said they had “messed around,” Pettitt said in court.

Eisenhauer wrote that he was unsure what had happened because he had woke up after the party and found himself on the side of the road.

Eisenhauer wrote that the new girl’s name was Nicole and that he was worried that his parents would find out about his involvement with her. He began messaging B.B. about plans to get rid of Nicole, writing in January 2016 that he and a friend in the military planned to murder her.

On Jan. 26, 2016, Eisenhauer messaged B.B. to say that he would carry out the plan that night, prosecutors said. Eisenhauer wrote that he would turn off his phone while he did it. B.B. attempted to message Eisenhauer that night and his phone could not be contacted, prosecutors said.

When they got back in touch, B.B. messaged Eisenhauer to say she had seen a report of Lovell’s disappearance. B.B. asked Eisenhauer if he were responsible and he replied that Nicole had tripped on a branch and cut her neck open, prosecutors said.

On Jan. 28, 2016, the day after he’d killed Lovell, Eisenhauer got a message from B.B. suggesting he come over and “bring some protection.”

Jensen read Eisenhauer’s reply: “With all the s- — that came about because I couldn’t keep it in my pants, I think I’m done for a bit.”

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/m...cle_b05c78e5-3dcb-5ec1-8b36-2dd4457aef73.html

With that evidence alone, I could have found him guilty. I cannot believe his defense waited this long to do a plea. It's bizarre.

I know she's a minor...but if B.B. knew he was planning a murder and he even basically mentioned it after....couldn't she be charged with something?!

Respectfully...She was young when she was pulled into his grip. He has likely helped shape her, and not in a positive way. She was involved with & communicated with him on Kik everyday at an age that is critical in her development.

She needs mandatory (if that's even possible) long-term therapy, not a charge against her

All this talk about DE's parents not knowing all the facts about his involvement in the murder has me thinking.
If my son was accused of this crime and I was paying his lawyer I'd make it my business to know EVERYTHING. The "what ifs" would eat at me.
My heart goes out to them. If this is the first time they're hearing this, then even more shame on him. If that's possible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All this talk about DE's parents not knowing all the facts about his involvement in the murder has me thinking.
If my son was accused of this crime and I was paying his lawyer I'd make it my business to know EVERYTHING. The "what ifs" would eat at me.
My heart goes out to them. If this is the first time they're hearing this, then even more shame on him. If that's possible.

I was curious about the parents communication with the lawyers and their plans as well. Does the judicial system act like the medical system in the sense that since DE's an "adult", communication is kept completely private? I know when my 19 yr old daughter discovered she had a blood condition in college, HIPPA laws requried her to fill out a ton of waivers for the doctors to even talk to us, even though we were the ones paying the bills. Maybe it's the same deal when hiring a lawyer.

RIP Nicole...:candle:

G68EWTxF2LuSGNNIMWBfE3QpflhAvB5rKTxIpwJ-UGpE6ofkXcBTOLVU8i-vFzKSfHxc9ON9AhNo=w424-h220

Link: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/G...GpE6ofkXcBTOLVU8i-vFzKSfHxc9ON9AhNo=w424-h220
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all for the links and Tweets posted...:tyou:

Glad he finally admitted guilt.

Not sure why he would not have done that sooner or taken an Alford Plea rather than a no contest plea.

Maybe the prosecution would never accept an Alford Plea since the prosecution was well on their way to a successful prosecution.

The surprising thing is why didnt he just say no contest earlier than now. With discovery of evidence shared between prosecution and defense then they would have had to have known what evidence was coming.

The only guess I have is like someone else already said. Maybe they were hoping to get some evidence thrown out and it didnt happen. Or something along those lines.

Sure waisted a lot of money to pay those attorneys if they were going to plea no contest anyway.

I was curious about the parents communication with the lawyers and their plans as well. Does the judicial system act like the medical system in the sense that since DE's an "adult", communication is kept completely private? I know when my 19 yr old daughter discovered she had a blood condition in college, HIPPA laws requried her to fill out a ton of waivers for the doctors to even talk to us, even though we were the ones paying the bills. Maybe it's the same deal when hiring a lawyer.

IDK, the colleges do that too as you're footing the very fat tuition bill. I remember years ago when my own kids attended, I was shocked by not having access without their permission to their grades/transcript (No permission to view transcript, they had better start job-seeking to pay for all of it.).

My guess is that the parents had been filled in re the evidence by the private attorneys. He put a hole in his mother's heart, too. That's for sure

If the online messages were, in fact, news to his parents... I can only assume the reason they never knew about them is because they didn't want to know. I think parents sometimes go to great lengths to live in denial because they can't bear knowing that their child was/is capable of such depravity. Ignorance is bliss; the most dangerous lies are those we tell ourselves... and all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly he never admitted guilt, but just plead no contest. Fortunately he will be locked away and not be able to do this to another young girl. Just think, had they not caught and tried him, he would have thought he had gotten away with it and if in the same spot again, murdered again. Young Nicole wasn't just murdered, but brutally murdered with her throat cut at the jugular as she tried to fight back.

He plead no contest because there was just too much evidence against him...it was a loosing fight. I believe his parents saw the handwriting on the wall yesterday afternoon...reality hit hard and fast. I'm sure they wanted to think their child wasn't capable of this, but evidence presented was overwhelming.

Were they ever able to have real discussions with their son that wasn't taped? I thought only attorney discussions weren't taped. His parents are collateral damage in all of this...emotionally, financially, you name it.

Sadly he never admitted guilt, but just plead no contest. Fortunately he will be locked away and not be able to do this to another young girl. Just think, had they not caught and tried him, he would have thought he had gotten away with it and if in the same spot again, murdered again. Young Nicole wasn't just murdered, but brutally murdered with her throat cut at the jugular as she tried to fight back.

He plead no contest because there was just too much evidence against him...it was a loosing fight. I believe his parents saw the handwriting on the wall yesterday afternoon...reality hit hard and fast. I'm sure they wanted to think their child wasn't capable of this, but evidence presented was overwhelming.

Were they ever able to have real discussions with their son that wasn't taped? I thought only attorney discussions weren't taped. His parents are collateral damage in all of this...emotionally, financially, you name it.

JMO
I have to wonder what the boy and his parents conversations were like prior to now. Was he telling them he was innocent the whole time or telling them it was somehow the girls own fault.

I have a feeling the boy was lying to his parents up till now and the evidence shown in courtroom was probably the first time the parents really saw the depth of his involvment. After court Thursday I bet they had a lengthy discussion with him and his attorneys that led up to him pleading no contest.

Curious about the difference between Alford and no contest, but couldn't really find a good answer. I did find this, however:

Effect of this Plea
Guilty vs No Contest
Accepting Either Plea

Difference between Guilty and No Contest

The purpose of entering a no contest plea is often to avoid being sued civilly for essentially confessing to a crime, which is the basis of a guilty plea.*

http://www.nolocontendere.org/differencebetweenguiltyandnocontest.html

So he may be trying to avoid a wrongful death civil suit. On the other hand, I would think by not putting forth a true guilty plea, the judge would take that into account at his sentencing (not fully accepting the wrongfulness of his actions). JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Curious about the difference between Alford and no contest, but couldn't really find a good answer. I did find this, however:

http://www.nolocontendere.org/differencebetweenguiltyandnocontest.html

So he may be trying to avoid a wrongful death civil suit. On the other hand, I would think by not putting forth a true guilty plea, the judge would take that into account at his sentencing (not fully accepting the wrongfulness of his actions). JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for looking that up. If DE had a trust fund or anything like that, it is a possibility that those funds have been used up in legal costs. He was an adult, so a civil suit couldn't come after his parents.

Not accepting responsibility is my opinion why he plead no contest.

Look at those two attorneys looking at each other...

Things I'm wondering about:

I am still bewildered by DF's reasoning and actions. I mean... reportedly DF feared his parents finding out about Nicole. Was that fear (combined with his arrogance and stupidity) so great that it actually motivated him down the path to kill??

And, the high-priced defense were privy to the evidence before trial so I have to wonder if they (by choice, or at the request of their client-DF) chose not to share all this with his parents (and cried all the way to the bank) OR if DF's parents actually opted not to know the details??

I just wanted to thank all of you for the updates about the trial. Having followed this case since the early days of Nicole coming up missing, I was looking forward to seeing justice done for her. I couldn't follow along as much as I'd have liked due to a work project keeping me busy, and it's much appreciated to come here and know y'all will have all the details and info.

One down, one to go I'd say... looking at you, Natalie Keepers... poor, sweet Nicole. All she wanted was to be loved by a 'special someone'.

Things I'm wondering about:

I am still bewildered by DF's reasoning and actions. I mean... reportedly DF feared his parents finding out about Nicole. Was that fear (combined with his arrogance and stupidity) so great that it actually motivated him down the path to kill??

And, the high-priced defense were privy to the evidence before trial so I have to wonder if they (by choice, or at the request of their client-DF) chose not to share all this with his parents (and cried all the way to the bank) OR if DF's parents actually opted not to know the details??

I've wondered too about DE's fear being so great that it led him down his path. I don't know, but I will say his parent's body language bothered me greatly. To me, it spoke volumes about how the family interacted. There was a lot of stoic distance. When DE's mom was collapsing, there was no comforting from the spouse. The parents left the courtroom early; left their son alone to deal. Please don't anyone take this as blaming. I grew up in the generation of "let's sweep this under the rug and not talk about it". But it's worth noting, sadly, that there maybe wasn't much comforting/closeness going on during DE's upbringing.

I think one of a parent's biggest fear is that their child wouldn't choose coming to them over some way-screwed-up dilemma out of fear of disapproval.

This could have HUGE implications for NK's trial. I think DE could have murdered again and again and again if he had got away with Nicole's murder. Thankfully he and NK were too damn stupid to get away with this. For VA Tech students these two are soooooo dumb. They left a trail that lit up like a beacon. I hope he has a completely miserable time in prison.

Glad he finally admitted guilt.

Not sure why he would not have done that sooner or taken an Alford Plea rather than a no contest plea.

Maybe the prosecution would never accept an Alford Plea since the prosecution was well on their way to a successful prosecution.

The surprising thing is why didnt he just say no contest earlier than now. With discovery of evidence shared between prosecution and defense then they would have had to have known what evidence was coming.

The only guess I have is like someone else already said. Maybe they were hoping to get some evidence thrown out and it didnt happen. Or something along those lines.

Sure waisted a lot of money to pay those attorneys if they were going to plea no contest anyway.

JMO, Oceanblueyes comment about entitlement probably applies here. DE probably held himself to a different standard, thinking with an expensive legal team he could somehow get off completely or with lesser charges. Let's be honest, over the years of following cases here, we've seen it happen. Fortunately, this prosecutor and judge approached the case much differently and didn't cut him any slack.

Look at those two attorneys looking at each other...

And for a change, the deputy who has been guarding him isn't scowling at him. He had some great facial expressions during this trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight
Back