GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Annie Andersen
@Annie_Andersen
·
3h
Sentencing for #davideisenhauer is set for May 22 and 23. That is where friends and family from both sides are called to testify. The judge listens, looks at the sentencing guidelines for the charges and the person and then decides on a punishment. @ABC13News

Then off to prison he goes...

Why such a long wait to sentence him? Only reason I can think of is court calendar is full but there was so much time set aside for the trial that sentencing could have been at the set aside time of end of trial.

Will he stay in local jail until then or sent to prison....and then back for sentencing?

Thanks in advance.

There was a defense team mole posting here from inside the court room. Planting seeds of defense theory and spin but they couldn't become a VI or they would have to testify. Whatever. Game over. [emoji57]

I know. That's why I was asking.

You think it was BB? I need to go make coffee. [emoji477]

Not sure what you mean. If I think the member who posted here was BB? No, I didn't think that. I thought, because he claimed (or implied) he knows DE that DE might have told him the same story - that he (DE) had planned the murder with someone who is in the military.

Not sure what you mean. If I think the member who posted here was BB? No, I didn't think that. I thought, because he claimed (or implied) he knows DE that DE might have told him the same story - that he (DE) had planned the murder with someone who is in the military.
Yeah, could be. It's a rather short list of choices where that could have come from: DE, BB, military guy...and maybe track guy?

Why such a long wait to sentence him? Only reason I can think of is court calendar is full but there was so much time set aside for the trial that sentencing could have been at the set aside time of end of trial.

Will he stay in local jail until then or sent to prison....and then back for sentencing?

Thanks in advance.

I would think it is a scheduling issue for the judge, prosecution, and defense lawyers. Sometimes the judge also waits for a pre-sentencing report to be done prior.

The convicted usually stay in jail through the trial and up to sentencing, then after sentencing sent to a prison intake center to be evaluated before being permanently placed. Hope that helps.

Yeah, could be. It's a rather short list of choices where that could have come from: DE, BB, military guy...and maybe track guy?

Almost from the beginning someone has tried inserting themselves into this case time and again. Clean-ups had to happen left and right. I know what I'm thinking... and it's made me very sceptical of every new poster coming to this thread (like 'new to WS' new). Thank goodness there's all the good ones who also keep a level head and don't get bamboozled easily.

As far as 'planning the murder with someone who's in the military' goes - I personally think David was just full of baloney with that and tried to sound tough or something.

I would think it is a scheduling issue for the judge, prosecution, and defense lawyers. Sometimes the judge also waits for a pre-sentencing report to be done prior.

The convicted usually stay in jail through the trial and up to sentencing, then after sentencing sent to a prison intake center to be evaluated before being permanently placed. Hope that helps.

Right, there's a pre-sentence investigation usually done by the court to help the judge determine his sentence. They also have to prepare friends and family for personal testimony, so people have to schedule time to prepare statements, attend court. And yeah, there's the court calendar. It's how things work. DE remains behind bars. He's not going anywhere for a very long time.

Oh wow, my "blaming" comment was NOT directed at you at all!! Your comment struck at chord and I appreciate the opportunity to vent, so thank you!!

I tend to "preface" most of my comments so I don't set-off easily offended people. You post was perfect, no harshness at all :)

No... I didn't think you were calling me out. I just realized my words could have seemed that way. All's good.

The thinking/motivation behind Nicole's murder is just so baffling.

I think that everything between the attorney and DE was attorney client privilege and the parents knew nothing and the attorney was trying to get all of the evidence inadmissible.

I don't remember the exact timeline of the arrests but I think they came pretty quickly. So I don't think DE's parents had anytime to speak to him privately or in depth about this horrible crime. He was most likely in jail already before they even knew anything at all.

Once that happened, they would have no real privacy in their visits. So I do feel sorry for them, even if they do seem in denial. I think they were blindsided by the whole thing. JMO

When my son was in trouble with the law (nothing like this-Drug related) he told me one version. His lawyer gave me basics but not much. I heard everything at his sentencing. Wasn't easy knowing what all went down that night for my son. He def kept a lot of the story out. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember the exact timeline of the arrests but I think they came pretty quickly. So I don't think DE's parents had anytime to speak to him privately or in depth about this horrible crime. He was most likely in jail already before they even knew anything at all.

Once that happened, they would have no real privacy in their visits. So I do feel sorry for them, even if they do seem in denial. I think they were blindsided by the whole thing. JMO

You make a great point! The arrests did come fairly quick and from that point on there is no privacy. Wow, I just cannot even imagine what is going through their minds today. Does DE have siblings?

I don't mean this in the literal sense of it being harder, but I don't know how to explain it. It does bother me in trials with young people and the families. The victims' family obviously deserve and receive support. The perp's family doesn't though. And the majority of the time, they didn't do anything to be less deserving of support. Does that make sense or am I lacking the words I need today? I think David's family was blindsided in court. If that is true, it's awful for them to have gone this long with hope of his innocence. Seeing his Mom's photo from court, where she looked just defeated, anguished, or whatever that feeling was...it's stuck with me.

When I heard details of my sons night I literally gasped and someone sitting behind me put her hand on my shoulder. I couldn’t stop crying. What he did was wrong and I was so disappointed in him. I questioned everything about my parenting and still do. It’s not easy.
But of course Nicole’s family will never speak or touch her again. It’s just heartbreaking.

I guess what I mean is I saw my son. I cried. I was angry. I told him I loved him. Nicole’s family can never do that. David has changed his parents lives forever. But hopefully they have some good supports in place for them and his siblings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mean this in the literal sense of it being harder, but I don't know how to explain it. It does bother me in trials with young people and the families. The victims' family obviously deserve and receive support. The perp's family doesn't though. And the majority of the time, they didn't do anything to be less deserving of support. Does that make sense or am I lacking the words I need today? I think David's family was blindsided in court. If that is true, it's awful for them to have gone this long with hope of his innocence. Seeing his Mom's photo from court, where she looked just defeated, anguished, or whatever that feeling was...it's stuck with me.

:grouphug:

Don't beat yourself up because why wouldn't the perp's family deserve support? It's not like they did anything. David is the one at fault. And from personal experience, neither perp's family or victim's family gets any information about the details, about 'what they have'. Unless the perp or the victim (if able) tells them themselves.

I totally agree. I too always feel very sad for the perps' families. Just yesterday I found an old article of one of NK's bond hearings and her parents were interviewed by the media. Her father said (paraphrasing) that they are very shocked and just "very very sad". It must be so hard for them and also for NK's siblings (one was NL's age too).

As for DE's parents yesterday, yes mom looked utterly defeated. His father looked very stone faced but I would bet behind that carefully upheld facade he was crying a river of tears in addition to being angry and perhaps even feeling ashamed. Just can't/doesn't want to show emotion in public, is my guess.

Their lives will never be the same, I wonder if they will ever laugh or even smile again. How will they deal with all this in the years to come?

Files show conversations between Eisenhauer and Lovell on Kik, starting on December 2015. On January 3rd, 2016, Lovell writes, "Dear David, you are my crush, but I know you don't think of me like that, but I don't care. I will always be here if you're looking for a good time. I'm here when you have a bad day, I'm here and I don't want that to change. I want to be in your life for as long as you can stand me and I know I'm annoying and I ask for too much, but I'm a girl and I have a heart and feelings, and my feelings get hurt a lot but it's never been hurt by you, and I like that so yeah, I'm too stupid to think that you actually want to stay in my life But if you don't, I'll just have a life, bye."

Eisenhauer later responded, " So here is what I'm thinking and I'll give you some options. 1) We take a break from talking for a bit until I get back to a semi normal routine then I'll message you. A few weeks at most. 2) We keep talking just as friends and see how that goes. 3) We don't talk again. 4) We stay friends and keep in contact and I'll be here when you need me."

The last communication on Lovell's phone was found with a date January 25th, 2016, in the same Kik message. Eisenhauer writes, "But I can't stress enough that you don't tell anyone about me, because they will find a way to hurt you." Lovell replies, "Who will hurt me? Who's they? Why are you scaring me? Do you even want to be with me? Do you trust me? You're scaring me? I'm going to go."

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/472974783.html

Ugh this just breaks my heart.

"Eisenhauer wrote on January 29, 2016, "I looked up what police do for missing kids. Three are 12,000 missing kids in VA. They do basically nothing. Like, it is sad. They get 30 reports or runaways a day 87% that don't return after a few days are never found. I guess we figure out how people commit mass murder."

He went on to say, so as long as nobody finds the body for a week it will never be traced. We definitely did over kill but that's good. Always go overkill when your life is on the line.""

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/472974783.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish
Back