GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Another conversation between Eisenhauer and a juvenile named B.B. was read aloud in court. In December of 2015 the defendant told her that he had met a girl at a party. The girl had contacted him that they had messed around. She understood this to mean sexually. The defendant began talking to B.B. about ways to get rid of his problem. The defendant told her that he had talked to a friend from the military and that they had the murder planned out.

He told B.B., "I'm cleaning my car in the parking lot at Tech. The one with with no cameras and eight dumpsters." B.B replies, "That's not safe." Eisenhauer writes, "Somebody already rolled up and asked why I'm cleaning the outside of my car. I said because it's dirty and it needs it.""

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/472974783.html

"Through the FBI extraction, Eisenhauer visited websites called human decomposition explored, Texas State University's body farm collects skeletons for research, how long does it take the cops to look for you if you run away, how long and hard do cops look for runaways.

The FBI also did an extraction of a computer found in Eisenhauer's dorm room. It shows a number of Google searches that happened on January 24th, 2016, before Lovell disappeared. Those searches include, lakes near Blacksburg, Virginia, how to destroy something, how do destroy something completely, most creative ways to destroy things, how long does it take to burn a body, how hot does gasoline burn, how hot does kerosene burn, how hot does rubber burn, how hot does ammonia burn, what melts through flesh, how hot does it have to be before flesh burns, what temp does bones burn, how long does it take to get a third degree burn, what is used to ID a body, how does Dexter get rid of bodies, tranquilizer, knockout drugs, and medicine that makes you fall asleep instantly."

I totally agree. I too always feel very sad for the perps' families. Just yesterday I found an old article of one of NK's bond hearings and her parents were interviewed by the media. Her father said (paraphrasing) that they are very shocked and just "very very sad". It must be so hard for them and also for NK's siblings (one was NL's age too).

As for DE's parents yesterday, yes mom looked utterly defeated. His father looked very stone faced but I would bet behind that carefully upheld facade he was crying a river of tears in addition to being angry and perhaps even feeling ashamed. Just can't/doesn't want to show emotion in public, is my guess.

Their lives will never be the same, I wonder if they will ever laugh or even smile again. How will they deal with all this in the years to come?

From a compassionate perspective, I feel sympathy for DE's family. They're fellow human beings and they're suffering.

At the same time, they're partly responsible for the way he turned out, for the pain he inflicted on others. His problems are behavioral, moral and spiritual, not due to mental illness. Through benign neglect or bad parenting, they also played a small role. I have a sense that, if they had their way, he would be out of jail and back on the streets to victimize other girls and young women. I hope I'm wrong about that and will certainly change my opinion if there's evidence to the contrary.

"Eisenhauer wrote on January 29, 2016, "I looked up what police do for missing kids. Three are 12,000 missing kids in VA. They do basically nothing. Like, it is sad. They get 30 reports or runaways a day 87% that don't return after a few days are never found. I guess we figure out how people commit mass murder."

He went on to say, so as long as nobody finds the body for a week it will never be traced. We definitely did over kill but that's good. Always go overkill when your life is on the line.""

BBM

Is it just me or is this an oblique way of blaming police for him killing NL? Typical narcissistic sociopath, he's rationalized and justified the murder of an innocent person. It's NL's fault that he had to kill her and because he's smarter and works harder than the lazy police, he won't get caught. All of that justifies killing her in his twisted mind.

It is expected that Nicole's family will give impact statements...wondering if DE's family will speak too...will it be his mother or father...will DE show any emotion. So sad all the way around.

Nicole's family still has another trial to face. I hope NK will change her plea after hearing about DE's trial...we'll see.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/m...cle_b05c78e5-3dcb-5ec1-8b36-2dd4457aef73.html

Turk ordered a pre-sentencing report and said that he would sentence Eisenhauer at a hearing that would begin May 22. Defense attorneys said it’s likely to take two days to present evidence at the sentencing.

BBM

Is it just me or is this an oblique way of blaming police for him killing NL? Typical narcissistic sociopath, he's rationalized and justified the murder of an innocent person. It's NL's fault that he had to kill her and because he's smarter and works harder than the lazy police, he won't get caught. All of that justifies killing her in his twisted mind.

bbm

Could be. I read it as him feeling 'safe' (or at least safe enough) to 'disappear' Nicole, because he figured she'd be classified as a runaway and since 'police doesn't do anything to find runaways' who would ever find out she didn't really run away? Who would ever find out he caused her disappearance, let alone her death? So no big deal to him, he's good, nobody will ever know. How convenient. (Gag).

From a compassionate perspective, I feel sympathy for DE's family. They're fellow human beings and they're suffering.

At the same time, they're partly responsible for the way he turned out, for the pain he inflicted on others. His problems are behavioral, moral and spiritual, not due to mental illness. Through benign neglect or bad parenting, they also played a small role. I have a sense that, if they had their way, he would be out of jail and back on the streets to victimize other girls and young women. I hope I'm wrong about that and will certainly change my opinion if there's evidence to the contrary.

I’m not familiar with DE’s parents’ statements or actions, so unless I learn they were complicit in covering up theirs son’s actions, I’m going to respectfully disagree with you.

As parents, most of us do the best we can when it comes to raising our kids. I’ve known amazing people who have had horrible upbringings and I know criminals who, by their own admission, grew up in wonderful homes, upper middle class, involved parents. DE was old enough to know better, period. He made choices.

I’m guessing those choices - chatting up children on social media, meeting with underage girls, luring one from her home, killing her and hiding her body, lying - are contradictory to how his parents raised him. Just guessing (please provide links if I’ve mistaken).

I don’t believe his actions stem from benign neglect or bad parenting. I feel for both families.

He told B.B., "I'm cleaning my car in the parking lot at Tech. The one with with no cameras and eight dumpsters." B.B replies, "That's not safe." Eisenhauer writes, "Somebody already rolled up and asked why I'm cleaning the outside of my car. I said because it's dirty and it needs it.""

If this B.B. knew about all this, and did nothing, she seems to be a very dangerous person as well...I mean, who knows about a fellow young girl being betrayed and killed like NK, and continues to communicate with the perp as he explains his clean-up procedure????

Doesn't that make her somehow guilty of knowing after the fact, I'm not sure what the term would be. I feel very sorry for David's mother. His father looked so stern. David asked in the police station if his name was out in the press, how vital it was to keep it out of the press if he were ever to land a good job or something like that. I wonder if it was impressed upon him that making a mistake was the end of the world and he killed to cover his mistakes rather than own up to them. I think the detectives did an amazing job, and so fast, too. Hats off to them. The FBI cracked it quick, well done. I assume NK is going to be found guilty quickly now, will David testify against her do you think?

If this B.B. knew about all this, and did nothing, she seems to be a very dangerous person as well...I mean, who knows about a fellow young girl being betrayed and killed like NK, and continues to communicate with the perp as he explains his clean-up procedure????

Because ( I'm guessing) it was so unbelievably stupid, bad movie plot....etc....she didn't ( could not) believe he was serious.

Thank you Betty P, I agree with you on a huge failure to properly parent this young man.

Parenting means teaching right from wrong. It means teaching empathy and kindness towards others. It means
teaching your child to be honest and always tell the truth. It does not simply mean 'doing the best you can'.
that's not enough.
But children learn what they've lived- at home, watching the parents and how the parent is their first role model.
Many of these crimes involving young people and violence are examples of failure to properly teach the children
how to be good citizens and good people. And that takes time when the children are growing. that's what parenting is.

Because ( I'm guessing) it was so unbelievably stupid, bad movie plot....etc....she didn't ( could not) believe he was serious.
IMO, there needs to be charges here. She knew his story about Nicole. She knew a Nicole was missing. She even asked him if it Nicole. He talked to her about murder, and that he had killed Nicole. Yet, instaed of telling an adult, calling police, blocking him from all communications, she tells him to bring protection and she wants to see him!!!! Dangerous!

I totally agree. I too always feel very sad for the perps' families. Just yesterday I found an old article of one of NK's bond hearings and her parents were interviewed by the media. Her father said (paraphrasing) that they are very shocked and just "very very sad". It must be so hard for them and also for NK's siblings (one was NL's age too).

As for DE's parents yesterday, yes mom looked utterly defeated. His father looked very stone faced but I would bet behind that carefully upheld facade he was crying a river of tears in addition to being angry and perhaps even feeling ashamed. Just can't/doesn't want to show emotion in public, is my guess.

Their lives will never be the same, I wonder if they will ever laugh or even smile again. How will they deal with all this in the years to come?

BBM I can't ever imagine how they will, but I hope they do. I feel for them.

I’m not familiar with DE’s parents’ statements or actions, so unless I learn they were complicit in covering up theirs son’s actions, I’m going to respectfully disagree with you.

As parents, most of us do the best we can when it comes to raising our kids. I’ve known amazing people who have had horrible upbringings and I know criminals who, by their own admission, grew up in wonderful homes, upper middle class, involved parents. DE was old enough to know better, period. He made choices.

I’m guessing those choices - chatting up children on social media, meeting with underage girls, luring one from her home, killing her and hiding her body, lying - are contradictory to how his parents raised him. Just guessing (please provide links if I’ve mistaken).

I don’t believe his actions stem from benign neglect or bad parenting. I feel for both families.

I agree with you. Sometimes children are influenced by outside sources or just their particular personalities may not aline with the norm- something parents could not do anything about or may not even know about. I never fault the parents- unless they have abused the child in some way- I feel sorry for them. We give our children the basics on how to live good, moral lives. What they do with that is up to them. Everyone makes their own choices in how they live their lives- no excuses, IMO.

I agree with you. Sometimes children are influenced by outside sources or just their particular personalities may not aline with the norm- something parents could not do anything about or may not even know about. I never fault the parents- unless they have abused the child in some way- I feel sorry for them. We give our children the basics on how to live good, moral lives. What they do with that is up to them. Everyone makes their own choices in how they live their lives- no excuses, IMO.

I agree with you. One of the most vile, obnoxious kid I ever knew went to school with my kids. He was always really weird and I had horrible vibes from him. When he was a sophomore in high school, he was with some friends and they were doing xanax and drinking all day. His girlfriend passed out and the friends started to call 911. They were up in a rural remote area, so he said ' NO, I'll take her to the fire station, it will be faster...'

Then he just dumped her in a ravine, where she was found dead days later. His story was that she died in the car so he panicked. But I don't think thats what happened. I say that because he was suspected of pretty sick things earlier in his life---like killing neighborhood cats because he didn't like cats.

But the strange thing was that his 2 sisters and older brother were wonderful, sweet, honest kids. All of them have grown into healthy happy adults. And their parents were really nice. Th older brother was a close friend of my son's and he knew the parents very well. They were kind and engaged in parenting and loved their family.

They knew something was off with their youngest kid. And they did 'family counseling' so he wouldn't feel like they were blaming it all on him, and they tried different ways of dealing with his issues. Nothing seemed to work.

So I really keep them in mind when we see cases like this. Do we know that they did anything incorrectly or wrong when raising him? Or was he just one of those odd outliers, who just has no compassion/empathy/feelings or goodness, and nothing his parents could have done would have changed that?

Sometimes you can just be a bad egg

I'm sorry, but which is it? First you partly blame the parents saying what he did was 'behavioral/moral/spiritual and not mental' -
apparently from the way they raised him...

But then in your very next post call him a 'typical narcissistic sociopath,' both of which ARE mental illnesses.

I would hesitate to blame the parents in any way, as we really have NO idea what his home life or upbringing was like from the bits & pieces we've seen in the media or how we've seen his parents act in public.

Blame DE for what HE did... and NK for whatever her role was in Nicole's murder. I would be careful not to project your hatred of DE onto his parents. Shame him, not his parents.

We all pray our children never commit any crimes, especially heinous crimes like this, but we have no control over their choices in life.

I personally feel like DE is a sociopath, though not any less guilty of his crimes, and very much deserving of punishment.

I have been following this case from the beginning when she first went missing and was glad to see this update in the case tonight on the forum while reading about Blake Smith. Thank you all for your updates!

This is a truly sad story, and my heart breaks for Nicole who was so hungry for love and affection that she went to this monster for it. It is a reminder to parents of the dangers of social media and how we need to truly monitor our children... and to love on them all that we can, so they prayerfully don't go looking for love in the wrong places.

I was one of those young lonely girls and dated a narcissist for 2 years... I'm SO glad I escaped. Nothing can bring Nicole back, but thankful at least that the perps were caught and are being prosecuted. 💙

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123
Back