GUILTY VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, murdered, Blacksburg, 27 Jan 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know if Keepers' parents are attending the trial? Just curious.
This is the first mention that I have seen of her parents in the courtroom. I wonder if her father was there also.

Keepers spent much of Tuesday with her head bowed at the defense table, her face hidden by a hand or by her long hair. Sometimes she darted glances at her mother, who sat in the back of the courtroom’s spectator area and sobbed quietly as defense attorneys played the day’s longest clip — an hour and 22 minutes — of her daughter’s interactions with interrogators

Natalie Keepers' many confessions fill second day of her trial in the slaying of Nicole Lovell

This is actually a good article with a bit more information.

This is the first mention that I have seen of her parents in the courtroom. I wonder if her father was there also.

Keepers spent much of Tuesday with her head bowed at the defense table, her face hidden by a hand or by her long hair. Sometimes she darted glances at her mother, who sat in the back of the courtroom’s spectator area and sobbed quietly as defense attorneys played the day’s longest clip — an hour and 22 minutes — of her daughter’s interactions with interrogators

Natalie Keepers' many confessions fill second day of her trial in the slaying of Nicole Lovell

Thank you! Will read the article this evening when I get a chance. I can't imagine what Nicole's or even NK's families are going through.

Photos: Second day of Natalie Keepers trial

5ba16792506d2.image.jpg

Keepers' mother and father were not right behind her, but Mother way back. I wonder what that signifies? DE's parents were clearly disturbed but stayed with him.

Wow. I didn’t keep up with the case during his trial, so I guess I missed a whole lot of new evidence/details. A stunt double? Sounds highly improbable to me but I’ll have to go search for the discussion that claims there is a stunt double. Hooked on Benadryl? I mean I guess that happens but seems just as far fetched as a stunt double. JMO
I did follow his trial closely (as did others) and can't remember these details also, nor that NK maybe asked someone to get a gun that wasn't delivered because of the blizzard.

Who is that in the Getty Image photo that was posted? Is that supposed to be that older runner?

One story says: "Dr. Gayle Suzuki, assistant chief medical examiner for the state’s forensic laboratory in Roanoke, testified that Lovell suffered blunt-force injuries that broke her neck and left a mark on her forehead, but said the fatal wound was a cut to the left side of her neck that severed her jugular vein. Lovell had four stab wounds to her neck and eight to her chest, including one that bruised her heart and another that injured her left lung, Suzuki said."

If she was first hit in the head and it broke her neck, I wonder if she would have been left unconscious or paralyzed. That would explain not having defense wounds.

Tonia Moxley
@ReporterToniaM

·
9m

Day three of #NatalieKeepers trial in the killing of Blacksburg 7th grader #NicoleLovell is underway. Blacksburg police Det. M.P. Czernicki is walking the jury through forensic evidence from the crime scene and #DavidEisenhauer's car, which police have said carried her remains.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
13m

Det. M.P. Czernicki found blood stains in the woods off Craigs Creek Road in Montgomery County and in #DavidEisenhauer's Lexus sedan, as well as a shovel, a bottle of bleach and a container of wet wipes with a red stain on it.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
54m

Surveillance video and photos from Walmart in Christiansburg from Jan. 26 is up next. The shovel found in Eisenhauer's car was purchased there. A series of photos show Eisenhauer and keepers shopping for and purchasing a shovel. At one point, Keepers is carrying the shovel.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
50m

Surveillance photos from Cookout restaurant in Blacksburg show #DavidEisenhauer and #NatalieKeepers there at 9:48 p.m. on Jan. 26, 2016. Keepers told police that some of the planning of the killing of #NicoleLovell took place during a meeting at Cookout.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
47m

The jury just saw a photo taken by then Det. Deziree Twigger of a white board in #NicoleLovell's closet. On it was written: "I [heart] David!"
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
33m

Judge tells prosecution to limit evidence presented of what Keepers did after the murder, as she's already pleaded guilty to helping conceal Lovell's remains.
Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
14m

State crime lab DNA expert Nicole Harrell (sp?) is on the stand, but defense is objecting outside the presence of the jury to bringing in some DNA evidence. Most of the objections relate to Keepers' previous conviction on concealing the body.

I guess the defense is stuck with letting the shovel in because it was bought in advance but they can block a bloody fingerprint because that was handled in the plea.

I guess the defense is stuck with letting the shovel in because it was bought in advance but they can block a bloody fingerprint because that was handled in the plea.
Looks like the prosecution was able to get some of this evidence in.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
5m

Court is in recess for lunch. The jury heard forensic DNA expert Harold testify that blood stains found on items in Eisenhauer's car and on items found in Keepers' dorm room were most likely Lovell's. Court is set to reconvene at 1 p.m.

I see that a common side effect of anti-psychotic medications is blurred vision. Perhaps that is the explanation for the endless eye blinking.

Looks like the prosecution was able to get some of this evidence in.

Tonia Moxley

@ReporterToniaM

·
5m

Court is in recess for lunch. The jury heard forensic DNA expert Harold testify that blood stains found on items in Eisenhauer's car and on items found in Keepers' dorm room were most likely Lovell's. Court is set to reconvene at 1 p.m.
I'm curious how it will be explained that items ended up in Keeper's room, if she is claiming she wasn't present at the murder.

jmo

The grungy looking "friend" in that leaked surveillance photo, is exactly who it looks like. I would bet he could account for those three unknown fingerprints on the shovel.

Keepers' gym bag with Lovell's bloody 'Minions' blanket entered into evidence

Deana Jones, with the Blacksburg Police Department, was called to testify about analysis on David Eisenhauer's Garmin GPS that was in the vehicle he was driving when he killed Nicole Lovell.

Jones created a track log presentation that outlines Eisenhauer's vehicle traveling on January 26 to January 27, the night Lovell abducted from her Blacksburg home.

The data, which was also presented during Eisenhauer's trial, corroborates his whereabouts with surveillance images taken at Walmart, Cook-out and the location of Nicole Lovell's home, as well as the murder scene, and North Carolina hillside where her body was hidden.

More at link...

Oh gosh, the prosecution has rested and defense begins tomorrow! I guess we'll be hearing from the mysterious Bailey Browing soon. And will Keepers testify? I doubt it, myself. We'll get the guy that wrote the book on interrogations along with the defense expert psychologist. Anybody else? According to the court website, the only other people that have been served subpoenas are LE, I think.

Last edited:
Oh gosh, the prosecution has rested and defense begins tomorrow! I guess we'll be hearing from the mysterious Bailey Browing soon. And will Keepers testify? I doubt it, myself. We'll get the guy that wrote the book on interrogations along with the defense expert psychologist. Anybody else? According to the court website, the only other people that have been served subpoenas are LE, I think.
That was quicker than I imagined it would be.

I can see the defense putting her on the stand - she is coming across as someone who would be influenced by a boy she liked. If she is meek and looking like she looks now on the stand, the jury might think she was duped and used by DE.

What does everyone think of the prosecution's case? Strong enough to convict?

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities
Back