GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Investigators 'optimistic' they will find Noah Thomas alive

PULASKI CO., Va. - The search for 5-year-old Noah Thomas has started its fourth day in Pulaski County, and investigators do not have any answers.

"We're still optimistic we're going to find Noah at this time," said Anthony Akers, assistant county administrator, at a Wednesday morning news conference. "We are under the assumption that Noah is alive and we are going to bring him back safely."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/search-for-5yearold-noah-thomas-enters-third-day/31988010

Thanks for the summary, SS. I'd like to add that the LSA time is 7:30am - 8:00am at which time the mom dozed off. The 9:00-9:30 time is no longer accurate.

What is LSA time? (sorry)

So when they returned from dropping Dad off, mom went right back to bed until 10:35? So really, he could have left the house at 7:40 instead of 9:30 a.m.? That makes a huge difference. If someone saw something odd very early in the morning they might have dismissed it in their minds, thinking he didn't leave the house until much later.

His jacket must be missing from the house - otherwise they wouldn't report that he's wearing it. Maybe I don't understand your question?

I was asking if anyone besides NG has said/reported he was wearing the jacket. I hadn't heard of it until now and have seen her twist things so I was asking for a more reliable source that the jacket was missing/mom said he had it on. Another posted said LE reported it so that answered my question.

So when they returned from dropping Dad off, mom went right back to bed until 10:35? So really, he could have left the house at 7:40 instead of 9:30 a.m.? That makes a huge difference. If someone saw something odd very early in the morning they might have dismissed it in their minds, thinking he didn't leave the house until much later.

Last Seen Alive

Ugh, I hate it when they search landfills. I know they need to but ... ugh :/

I am glad they had divers in the pond.

Thanks for the summary, SS. I'd like to add that the LSA time is 7:30am - 8:00am at which time the mom dozed off. The 9:00-9:30 time is no longer accurate.

So he could have been missing 3 hours before anyone noticed? That certainly changes things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he could have been missing 3 hours before anyone noticed? That certainly changes things.

That does definitely change things. i thought she woke up and saw him him watching tv still and went back to sleep for another hour or so?? is that now false information? How did the story change? Did the mother change her story?

I'm sorry where does this new timeline come from? Was that in the presser?

There has been some confusion about the timeline in which Noah went missing. In Wednesday's news conference, Akers said that the boy's mother dropped the father off at work around 7 a.m. on Sunday. She says she came home and fell asleep, and discovered Noah was missing around 10:35 a.m. She searched for Noah herself, and called 911 shortly after 11 a.m.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/search-for-5yearold-noah-thomas-enters-third-day/31988010

It appears to come from the article linked a few posts above. Where did the original story come from though and how did the new timeline come about?

Yes, it came from the presser. Anthony Akers wanted to give a more succinct timeline. He first mentions the timeline at 7:10 then again during questions. See starting 10:30 on the video. Reporter asks second question (at 11:20), "... he was last currently seen at around 7:00am in the morning?" Mr. Akers replies, "Yes."

Maybe I'm jaded from too much time here but when parents start changing their stories I don't get a good feeling. The difference between a 5yo having a 3 hour window vs a 1 hour window is HUGE. He could have been in another state before LE was ever notified.

I don't like the earlier LSA time. I can't think of any legitimate reason for someone to be knocking on the door that early in the morning, unless they were lying in wait and knew the routine of the family and had a plan. Was it normal for Mom to take a nap this early in the AM? Did Noah ever go outside to play by himself during this time? MOO Noah did not go outside by himself without a reason. I know it's happened before but I can't see a 5 year old leaving by himself without a trace of evidence and not being found this many days later. I pray where ever he is someone is taking care of him and treating him kindly.

Looking at the map, what bothers me is that in this rural area, no one either saw a car that didn't belong, or a child wandering around outside. From the air it looks like the kind of place that's just populated enough to have 'eyes' present (my parents live in a similar looking place, and I know there's always someone noticing what cars are driving past, whose kid is running around, whose dog got into the next yard, etc, especially on weekends) - but not so populated that someone either familiar (a child) or unfamiliar (a stranger) would go completely unnoticed, the way they would in a denser neighborhood.

Also was it confirmed that the parents live in the trailer/building behind the main house, does anyone know?

It was never said mom "went right back to bed". She laid down for a nap after dropping off the father at work. There is no indication of where her or the children were prior to that time.

Maybe I'm jaded from too much time here but when parents start changing their stories I don't get a good feeling. The difference between a 5yo having a 3 hour window vs a 1 hour window is HUGE. He could have been in another state before LE was ever notified.

No one has said the mother changed her story! The mother has not even been seen by the press and evidently is only conversing with LE at this point. LE never gave information to my knowledge of the time the mother went to sleep only the time father was dropped off at work.

We don't know if this is the parents changing the story or if it's just a clarification of the timeline by LE or the media.

It was never said mom "went right back to bed". She laid down for a nap after dropping off the father at work. There is no indication of where her or the children were prior to that time.

In this video it says, "she went to sleep with her son nearby." The trailer is not THAT big. Nearby could mean the bedroom or the couch, IMO.

No one has said the mother changed her story! The mother has not even been seen by the press and evidently is only conversing with LE at this point. LE could have been mistaken about the time previously and they made an effort to correct it with the presser.

Note: Until the presser, I had not seen a timeline to include when the mother stated she laid down to nap. The only thing I ever saw was the 7:00am drop off of the father.

We don't know if this is the parents changing the story or if it's just a clarification of the timeline by LE or the media.

I get what you both are saying but it doesn't seem likely that LE made up the detail about Mom seeing Noah watching tv about 9:30 before laying back down. That had been the story from day 1 and now we discover that Noah was actually unattended for 3 hours.

Maybe she thought he would be found quickly and was afraid of losing the baby if she admitted how long she had been asleep so she wasn't completely honest on day 1 but decided to come clean now that he is still missing. I'm not saying that she is guilty of anything but it does change things.

If LE has known all along that Noah was unsupervised between 7 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., and not just 9:30 to 10:30, they were really remiss to say the timeline begins at 9:30. That's REALLY remiss, IMHO. Anyone who saw something worth reporting before 9:30 has let their guard down. Anyone who saw a bright redheaded child in a car at 8 a.m. would have been put off by the original timeline AND the original missing photo that doesn't resemble what he really looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero