GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he is shifting his weight a lot at the check out.....not a lot of eye contact with teller. She is clasping her hands the whole time....and for a momement there when the alarm went off she backs to off to the side......damm that would have been her chance to get help:(

OK so now after seeing the video, what does it look like he's doing w/ that left hand behind his back as they walk out? it wasn't an optical illusion from a 'stand' in the corner because I didn't see any stand there. And he didn't have any hammer or ax in his hand so what is it....pulling keys/keychain out of back pocket maybe?

believe mother died on friday, educated guess

Yep, he said early morning til late evening.....SOMEBODY posted to her social site at 1:30 that afternoon.....

Everyone else who is shopping has on coats so JE and BS stood out as being dressed for warmer weather than they were having also. Plus, it looks to me like HE received a phone call when he was checking out. I would sure love to know who that call was from.

he never signed for the transaction, he entered a PIN. so we know it's a debit card he had, not credit

wringing her hands the whole way from check out to front door ---- not only not much eye contact with cashier, she never looks at him, he doesn't appear to look at nor speak to her. Alarm goes off, immediately stops and turns
Thing behind back was just a lanyard or something for holding keys/wallet

Yeah, the brownish things and things with white caps are bugging me. I can't think of what they could be.

And I agree, those look to be $8-10 throws.

She was a ways behind him...why didn't she veer off to another aisle and then start running???

he is shifting his weight a lot at the check out.....not a lot of eye contact with teller. She is clasping her hands the whole time....and for a momement there when the alarm went off she backs to off to the side......damm that would have been her chance to get help:(

Sadly she may not have realized she needed it yet.

LE knows who the call was to but will not release info to the public. It also appears he was texting on the way out.

Yep, he said early morning til late evening.....SOMEBODY posted to her social site at 1:30 that afternoon.....

For sure she had already been killed before the walmart trip....I really wonder if Brittany knew she was dead.

They looked like those blanket throws not sleeping bags to me. BS body language to me was of submissive ie. following behind him most of the time, but then again, at the end when they get stopped, she looked like she was frozen. Inside the door, not really positioning herself to run either.

I immediately thought about the "freeze response" that is so common is sexual abuse survivors. The literature goes back and forth on whether it is learned during/from abuse, or if abusers seek out victims that freeze rather than fight/flight.

I think we're actually getting more information than we usually get at press conferences.

Yes, and from what I have seen in the press....very consistent compared to many cases I've followed. At least, we're not going nuts that way.

OK so now after seeing the video, what does it look like he's doing w/ that left hand behind his back as they walk out? it wasn't an optical illusion from a 'stand' in the corner because I didn't see any stand there. And he didn't have any hammer or ax in his hand so what is it....pulling keys/keychain out of back pocket maybe?

seeems to me he is putting receopt in his back pocket and the black strap of keys is dangling...jmo

May have answered a call on his cell. May be why Chief has stated that it is his gut feelling that someone knows something or he has had some assistance.

looks to me like he is putting receipt in back pocket and a "lanyard" may be hanging out of his pocket.

When did his mother call him?? was that Sunday night?

New Info:
They know how his car got to where it got, but they can't tell us.
They know who called him in walmart - (looks to me after watching the video that his phone rang) but can't tell us.
He tried to use a different card (Tina's card) at an ATM before Walmart but coould not get money out.
Used a different card at walmart.
Best guest is mom died on friday - either late morning or early evening.

THE VIDEO
After watching this video I no longer think this poor baby went on her own with this monster. She is hovered over - often she is scratching her arms and following him in a defeated way. She also is not smiling they are moving very slowly.

He looks like he has a limp and she looks either injured or tired.

I got shivers looking at this because B looks awful - like maybe she thinks this is her fault and she has no choice but to go with him. She looks afraid.

Also when he swipes the card it looks like he punched in a code.

Did he by a pack of grilling utensils? Looks like he did. Plus a tent and two sleeping bags and sodas.

IMO

My heart is aching I don't think this will have a good outcome - I pray I am wrong.

I hope that phone call wasn't another pervert looking to help.

With all this info how is it they can't be found? WHo drove his car and left it there?

I know a 12 year old can't 'consent' to any of this....but she REALLY doesn't APPEAR as a victim of a crime or kidnapping in this video. Its scary to watch HER placing the items on the counter for purchase. I know we've seen Shasta, Elizabeth, and others not run from their captors, but it's VERY odd to see Brittany actually helping Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic