GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
0078485743604_180X180.jpg

This video is eerie to watch. At some points it seems like Brittany is falling behind, but then I notice she does help him get the items out of the cart and put the bagged items in the cart. I definitely saw Gatorade, a tent, and 2 fleece blankets. I'm trying to figure what the things are with the white caps. I'm in Walmart so much and it's silly I know the people who cashed him out and checked him at the door. I hope they jump on interviewing them soon, even thought they should have already ; so they can give their take on how they were acting.

When she grabbed the bags so quickly it was almost like traying to please him - she immediately crosses her arms or drops them. IMO

It looked to me like he made a call.
Which I thought was timed very well at the moment he was using a stolen card.
Make it harder for the cashier to talk to him, interrupt him, give him a reason to step aside and come back. I was raised by a shop lifter though so I have some tricks along the way.

Would he really be stupid enough to think small fleece blankets would keep them warm ? That is if they are really camping out. I wonder if anyone knows if they had sleeping bags back at the Smith house. I know at my house, we have a ton of them.

Brittany doesn't look happy one bit from what I can see. She looks scared/uneasy.

It makes me very sad.

:(

This video is eerie to watch. At some points it seems like Brittany is falling behind, but then I notice she does help him get the items out of the cart and put the bagged items in the cart. I definitely saw Gatorade, a tent, and 2 small sleeping bags. I'm trying to figure what the things are with the white caps. I'm in Walmart so much and it's silly I know the people who cashed him out and checked him at the door. I hope they jump on interviewing them soon, even thought they should have already ; so they can give their take on how they were acting.

Most of the items appear to be canned goods (the silver topped cans are reflecting light making them appear white).

Her body language when they were stopped at the door seems nervous to me.

IMO of course.

Yeah, the brownish things and things with white caps are bugging me. I can't think of what they could be.

And I agree, those look to be $8-10 throws.

they look like bottles of vitamins or meds of some sorts...

eta: yeah... could be canned goods too - i agree, thats a better idea...

Would he really be stupid enough to think small fleece blankets would keep them warm ? That is if they are really camping out. I wonder if anyone knows if they had sleeping bags back at the Smith house. I know at my house, we have a ton of them.

Brittany doesn't look happy one bit from what I can see. She looks scared/uneasy.

It makes me very sad.

:(

looks to me like 2 sleeping bags were put on the counter first and then 2 fleece covers
nevermind. bad eyes

Everyone else who is shopping has on coats so JE and BS stood out as being dressed for warmer weather than they were having also. Plus, it looks to me like HE received a phone call when he was checking out. I would sure love to know who that call was from.

Definately on the phone when checking out.

looks like he may have pulled phone out to read stored pin number, then played it off like a call...moo

That video was really hard for me to watch. If her mom's last status update on FB or MS was at 1:00 and they are thinking TOD was AM to early evening then by the time they are at Wal-Mart her mom had already been killed. I think Brittany knew that her mom was gone in this video. The only way I can describe it is she looks numb. :sick:

Most of the items appear to be canned goods (the silver topped cans are reflecting light making them appear white).

Her body language when they were stopped at the door seems nervous to me.

IMO of course.

The items with the orange tops are definitely Gatorade. I don't think the other items are canned goods either because they look too small. Plus, what is the first thing Brittany puts up ? It's flat. A cover for the tent ?

OK so now after seeing the video, what does it look like he's doing w/ that left hand behind his back as they walk out? it wasn't an optical illusion from a 'stand' in the corner because I didn't see any stand there. And he didn't have any hammer or ax in his hand so what is it....pulling keys/keychain out of back pocket maybe?

I think he has the keychain in his back pocket and he was pulling it out. MOO

We don't know if she even knew her mom was dead. For all we know JE could have killed her and BS wasn't home at the time, maybe he closed her door, when BS came home he told her his mom and him had a fight and she is mad don't bother here, and hey I need to go to the store and get a few items, come with me. MOO

If the report she was uncomfortable around him the theory above would fit her actions in wal mart.

I am starting to understand why LE thinks he had help and maybe the tent was JE was planning on taking the body somewhere, and place it in a tent to cover up his crime and made other plans in advance for him and BS. Thinking about it, the drinks (white caps) could be for traveling in a car, the tent how knows maybe if he suspected car trouble or emergency in case something happens but in no way now do I think they are camping. The blank throws and drinks were for traveling in a car. I think they went in the opposite direction then what the Police are searching now.

Did anyone else catch something white in the back of the cart. The first bag he quickly placed on top of it.

Two cheap thin sleeping bags. yeah, real outdoorsman. Fidgety threw his pockets then went through a few cards before choosing one. I now know how so many people use stolen cards. No one at the register gets suspicious. Don't they have security at these stores. Fidgety in line then sets off the alarm for a sleeping bag and tent???!!! Come on!
I've read where someone said he stole something. Why steal when you're using a stolen credit card?

ETA - he used a pin on the DEBI card. Not Credit card. If it were a credit card, he would have signed the pad, not punched in four numbers. Door monitor didn't lift the stuff. Just looked in the cart.

Curious about pay per use phones. Do they have to be activated at the store? Could he just steal one and use it?

The label on the side of the bags/throws look more like sleeping bags. It appears to be "squishable" sleeping bags in sacks.

The items with the orange tops are definitely Gatorade. I don't think the other items are canned goods either because they look too small. Plus, what is the first thing Brittany puts up ? It's flat. A cover for the tent ?

Those looked like grilling utensils at first glance.

She looked like she was helping him to PLEASE him not because she was happy, just seemed so frightened of him - he didn't speak to her the entire time. He glanced at her at the check out though.

My heart hurts.

That video was really hard for me to watch. If her mom's last status update on FB or MS was at 1:00 and they are thinking TOD was AM to early evening then by the time they are at Wal-Mart her mom had already been killed. I think Brittany knew that her mom was gone in this video. The only way I can describe it is she looks numb. :sick:
ITA... I see her shellshocked as the result of her mothers murder....also I think fear is, as of walmart trip, now kicking in...

I think they were in the stereo department and that could be a CD box set or something like that. I think he bought some stupid stuff so to me in my mind BS didn't know about her MOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221