GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me like he pressed a button on his phone to make it light up and then fiddled around with it for a minute and then pretended to have a call so he wouldn't have to deal with the cashier. He never makes eye contact with the cashier. jmo

SBM

His Mom talked to him on Friday. (Possibly in Walmart.)

I don't remember that...I thought it was Sunday she "tried" to call him.
Do have a link to the Friday conversation? TIA

I THINK the little things including those white things are candles. JMO.

He definitely looks at her while they are checking out. I think they are tired from not sleeping and arguing. Maybe he sent her in the car somewhere when the bickering began, and then met her to take the car to SE Roanoke City? She would have never known about her mother's death...but notices his demeanor and change and is responding to it. ??

I think he had someone drive his car to SE Roanoke City and I also think that that same person is the person who called his cellphone. I think LE know exactly who that is, but I bet this person is saying they didn't know about what he had done.

He sent that car off to throw people off. I mean he knew Tina was dead murdered but anyone could have done it not necessarily him since his car is in SE Roanoke - I think he didn't think LE would link him to the murder and the kiddnapping of Brittany right away and this was a tool to stall -

I also think that he thought tina would be found faster than she was found. I don't think they are drinving Tina's car - I think they might have ditched it or sold it for cash to guys who sell parts. Then I think they took that cash and headed in one location and have not moved out in public since arriving there.

He had lots of time - Tina's wasn't discovered until Monday - her car's description was flawed - his car was also being tracked - but later found. His weight was off - which through his description off.

IMO

I think that might be right, that he faked a call? To try to seem casual as he used someone else's bank card?

Was there something white in the cart they didn't place on the belt to be checked?

Maybe some of you can see the video in better quality or zoom in or something, this is what I can see in the video as far as what they purchased:

First package rectangular and thin
2 small items with white tops
7 items that are yellow or have yellow caps (a couple of these look to be a different size than the others)
2 more small items with white caps
tent
2 sleeping bags

I didn't see a flashlight put up? Thought the first item was that rectangular package. Anyone know what that is?

I think that might be right, that he faked a call? To try to seem casual as he used someone else's bank card?

I agree - that would be a good move.
But, the Chief did say that he talked to somebody at WM. And that they knew who it was - of course, they have phone record access.
It looks like he dug for the phone quickly, saw who it was, proceeded with the checkout while he considered the call, and then answered it, continuing the call as he walked down the main front aisle.
IDK?

Maybe some of you can see the video in better quality or zoom in or something, this is what I can see in the video as far as what they purchased:

I didn't see a flashlight put up? Thought the first item was that rectangular package. Anyone know what that is?

almost positive that was the first thing - round blue flashlight in hard plastic with batteries, etc included

Did LE say they had phone records? Just wondering if his phone was a tracfone or something they could not trace...

As for what could be on the endcap where they disappeared? There was an endcap at "my" Walmart that had ammo on it. Another had hunting socks, gloves...

I don't think any of the items with the white tops they purchased were medicine (like Nyquil) because you have to be over 18 to purchase Nyquil, Tylenol PM, etc. and at Walmart they not only take your ID, but they scan it (and, until the cashier does that, the checkout screen won't let the cashier proceed).

I never saw JE take out his ID, so therefore I don't think it's possible that he could've purchased Nyquil, Vicks, Tylenol PM, anything like that.

japaanda will be back from WM soon with a full report
I should have gone down there and scared her with a "excuse me miss, just what do you think you are taking pictures of....." ha :)

As for what could be on the endcap where they disappeared? There was an endcap at "my" Walmart that had ammo on it. Another had hunting socks, gloves...

I believe you must have a valid permit to buy ammo in VA. I'm guessing with his record, he would not be able to buy it legally and therefore the ONLY item (besides a gun) he would have to steal.

I believe you must have a valid permit to buy ammo in VA. I'm guessing with his record, he would not be able to buy it legally and therefore the ONLY item (besides a gun) he would have to steal.

I walked in and bought 2 cases of ammo for my 20 gauge. Nobody said a word to me from start to finish.

No need for a permit to buy ammo but Wally World will check your ID and rings it up in sporting goods. I don't he got any ammo on this trip.

I think the police on every level are playing this very close to the vest. The quickest way to get someone to take a big chance or do something very visible is to say you don't have a clue as to where he is or what he's doing, even when you do. I'm not saying I think they're close to finding him but I don't think they're as totally clueless as they're saying they are.

On a different note, we don't have any idea what JE might have stashed in the vehicle before leaving. Since many campgrounds have electrical supplies at each campsite, there is a possibility that they took an electric space heater, heavy sleeping bags, warm clothes, food, etc. from the house and really are camping, moving every day. Parts of the south are still warm enough to have tent-camping w/o raising too much suspicion.

The big questions are what they might have taken from Tina's house, what JE might have already had access to, what they're doing for money, and whether BS is still a brunette with long hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1