Verdict is IN- GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone, on some show last night, said the DT will show JA's low IQ as a mitigating factor.

lolol

I wonder if there's a "model prisoner" card JA can play at mitigation, since she's burnt the remorse card and stomped on its ashes?

I wonder if there's a "model prisoner" card JA can play at mitigation, since she's burnt the remorse card and stomped on its ashes?

No, because she has not been. The link is around here somewhere, but she has had issues there too!

Well, l have a suggestion. Martinez can play Jodi's plea for the death penalty prior to her conviction and then the DT can play the interview from yesterday of Jodi again requesting the death penalty and save a lot of time wasted on all the objections, approaches and trial by sidebar.

I think that's a great idea. She continues trashing the victim, his family and the prosecutor. She shows absolutely no remorse and she asks for the death penalty. This interview would probably set the minds of some of the jurors to rest about the death penalty.

Regarding Nancy Grace.

Someone criticized her for milking the death of her fiance. What makes her show unique is that she does form a bond with victims. Today she talked about what it must be like to be a mother who loses a son and I cried my eyes out because she's exactly right. All your dreams for them die with your child and the waste of a young life --there is never closure. There is just going on and you hide the times that you still cry because everyone expects you to "move on."

My son died in 1994 and if I were to tell one of my children just what I went through today with the verdict and the wine at noon, and cancelling everything I had to do and then bawling, they get mad and say things like, "You can't dwell in the past...blah, blah, get a gym membership, etc.

Nancy Grace makes me feel like there is one person in the world who is not PC and who says it like it is--she is emotional and even when she is rude, I forgive her because she is expressing my emotions of indignation at the broken legal system, sympathy for the families, and contempt for the murderers and rapists.

The other day she was gone and someone else read the tribute to an American hero. Wow--it was flat and not at all moving as her substitute just read the words. Nancy Grace FEELS like a human being would feel EVEN though she is a smart lawyer.

Sometimes emotions are looked down on--Nancy makes the viewer feel like she is calling the authorities on their BS. Yes, she goes too far and its embarrassing sometimes, but overall, I prefer her --warts and all. I love it when she says, "Beth Karas is in the courtroom--Beth what do you see, tell me everything!"

That's what I would be saying, "Don't leave anything out." Nancy gets the powerless feeling that we victim's families have and she is our advocate. She does make a difference, even if it is primarily emotional.

I LOVE it that those military deaths are honored. THat means so much to those who see other deaths given so much attention while their loved one comes home unnoticed.

I am so sorry for the loss of your son!

ITA that emotional healing and processing from a brutal loss does not follow a straight line, and frequently it is not on our loved one's preferred fast track time table.

That's why I love Katiecoolady so much--her sister was brutally murdered so she is a priceless asset to other victims--she's been there.

I had to laugh about the gym membership! Tell them that your friend Lieb has had a membership to Planet Fitness for 2 years and has NOT GONE ONCE!:floorlaugh:

I fell asleep last night while watching NG, who said Sheriff Joe was going to be on and he would explain the how different the lodgings are going to be for Stabby Einstein from now on...
Anyone know where I can see that bit?

TIA

PS
My whole family was sitting around the tv yesterday pm...just watching the verdict!

Sheriff Joe canceled the presser.

When I think back over everything in this sensational trial I still relish in the thought that Jodi's love of photography came back to help convict her in the end.

I don't recall there ever being anything so karmic in a trial before - actual pictures which proved that SHE was there, and that SHE committed this horrific crime, all complete with time stamps.

Thank God for modern technology which allowed these photographs to be brought back to life.

And to think they were taken on Travis' very own camera - it's almost as if Travis was coming back to tell the story of how he was murdered.

God bless him, his family and Juan, Det. Flores, Dr. Horn and the Mesa Police Department for finding justice for Travis and his dear family and friends.

ETA: Oh, my gosh, I forgot to mention my blessings and thanks to this wonderful jury who restored my faith in the Justice system - they surely got this one right!!!

On Greta the TH said the verdict of Premeditation with Felony was because 7 jury members believe Jodi stole Travis' gun. Is this correct? They actually believe Travis had a gun and Jodi flew up the shelves without disturbing anything and grabbed a gun?

I doubt it has sunk into ALV - she probably just assumes that since there were 8 men on the jury, they just abused the 4 women into this verdict because the men are all abusers anyhow. Otherwise, she is too arrogant to accept that no one believed her, and if she thinks it for a minute, it was JM's fault because he was abusive to her and needed a time out.

Have to add for The Farm - Farm this a.m. I saw a clip of the Arias family leaving the jail after visiting with the murderer. I have to own up to you - I saw Granny leading the pack out and there was no wheelchair involved. You were right, the wheelchair in the courtroom - just more defense drama...you can smack me now :floorlaugh:

LOL,,,it was so obvious. I do beieve after much thought the whole family is somewhat demented.

I doubt it has sunk into ALV - she probably just assumes that since there were 8 men on the jury, they just abused the 4 women into this verdict because the men are all abusers anyhow. Otherwise, she is too arrogant to accept that no one believed her, and if she thinks it for a minute, it was JM's fault because he was abusive to her and needed a time out.

Have to add for The Farm - Farm this a.m. I saw a clip of the Arias family leaving the jail after visiting with the murderer. I have to own up to you - I saw Granny leading the pack out and there was no wheelchair involved. You were right, the wheelchair in the courtroom - just more defense drama...you can smack me now :floorlaugh:

BBM. thanks for the laugh!! this is actually probably true!!

and granny used a prop. she'll use it again in court. they may put oxygen on her before it's over. maybe an IV.

i put nothing past them.

I meant to say this last night but I was caught up in the moment and then KCL and Tricia on the web show. And I have my granddaughter, who thinks she lives here...

Give an interview right after being found guilty of murder?

WHO DOES THAT?

Somebody who wants to get word out that she really, really, really wants death so that the jurors punish her with life. Reverse psychology. IMO

One of the TH's said last night, If she wants to die so badly, just go ahead and give her life and then she can pick the wrong person to make mad and they will help her out with that. Save the tax payers a whole lot of money, if she goes to Death Row.

Personally, I really think she wants to go either there or the crazy ward, so she won't be with general population. Her Drama Queendom Reign is over.

Ugh!
Judge Larry Seidlen is that goofball showboating judge who was involved in the Anna Nicole Smith/baby/Larry Birkhead/H. Stern mess of a trial.

He actually was crying on the stand (televised of course) begging those people to get their act together for the baby's sake (which was sound advice) ... But Judge Larry was in it for the face time on TV.
I think he tried to get some Judge Judy type show after that ... Didn't last long. Seems judge Larry gets dragged out if his closet a couple times a year for more TV exposure for himself. I see HLN had him on tonight.
Yo Larry ... Your 15 minutes are up!

This retired judge, so he could go fame-ho, bemoans Juan, Judge Perry and anyone else his green ugly monster of narcissism takes a disliking to...poor Larry and HLN, fools are always the last to know. After Dark keeps bringing this weirdo on and this is not the first time he has bashed Juan.

He said Juan loved to hear himself talk and rushed home each night to watch himself on TV. Oh, and something about shame on him (Juan) for using no notes! Does HLN have any idea how LOW they have sunk recently?

I hope JM can use the Motion for Settlement (plea deal response) where she states her intention of trashing Travis and his family as a defense.

Probably not admissible but maybe??

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

On Greta the TH said the verdict of Premeditation with Felony was because 7 jury members believe Jodi stole Travis' gun. Is this correct? They actually believe Travis had a gun and Jodi flew up the shelves without disturbing anything and grabbed a gun?

JM asked the jury to find her guilty of both. theory being either she stole the 'gun' or once she started the attack, she was no longer in his home with his permission. in any case, those jurors gave JM what he asked for.

i think the fact none found her guilty of JUST that, and ALL found her guilty of premed is very telling. rock solid jury!!

No, because she has not been. The link is around here somewhere, but she has had issues there too!

Well, her offenses were minor, like hiding acne lotion. Reportedly, she sings fellow inmates to sleep at night and shares her excess commissary stash. She got her GED, learned sign language, and has probably pretended to care about others there.

I don't think they thought that. Juan said some mumbo jumbo about once Jodi stabbed Travis, she was not invited into his home, I didn't follow all of it. Or they could have thought --like I did but I think I was wrong - that she stole the grandfather's gun and that was the felony.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge about it will clear it up for the two of us. :seeya:

No--the other way to get felony murder was illustrated by Juan:

"I'm a nice guy, but when you start stabbing me, I revoke my consent for you to be in my home!"

This means that she was not an invited guest once she started stabbing Travis--stabbing him was the felony and being in his house uninvited made it 1st Degree Felony Murder.

I think that's a great idea. She continues trashing the victim, his family and the prosecutor. She shows absolutely no remorse and she asks for the death penalty. This interview would probably set the minds of some of the jurors to rest about the death penalty.

She will never stop trashing Travis, ever. Now it is all his fault that she has been convicted, as well as his family's fault. The family would not play lets make a deal so now her conviction is, in her scrambled brain, their fault. I predict she will co-pen a book with ALV.

I do wonder what evidence she thinks that Mr. Martinez hid though. Probably still ticked off about her fake pedo letters. Remorse - or any true feeling for that matter that relates to someone other than herself, simply does not exist in her little world. But yeah, if this jury votes death - they should be given the opportunity to view the murderer's post conviction (that sounds so good !) interview if JM doesn't play it for them in the mitigation phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove