Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same during that other "can't be mentioned" trial east of Arizona.

Anything can happen, that is a concern in this case especially.

JM did a magnificent job no doubt, but now it's out of his hands.

I watched the verdict live after being invested in the entire trial. So I know where you're coming from.

I find this trial to be qualitatively different, the evidence overwhelming, a huge difference. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

The other jury was an aberration, IMO. Why suspend our common sense and experience and gut feelings now?

Hi All,

One last thing before I leave. If anyone has a moment, please check out post #20 on the Elephants for Travis thread.

The San Antonio Zoo has an elephant named Lucky that has been alone for years, and has watched many of his "family members" die.

Please sign the petition asking the American Zoo Association to take action for Lucky, and if you want, leave the message "In memory of Travis Alexander", as your reason for signing.

Thanks!
Sam

Hey, Mellinyce! I loved your idea of the "Justice for Travis blue paperclip charm" that you've taken to wearing everywhere. I don't have a blue ribbon either, but I found a pretty blue paperclip (shown below) and will carry it with me until the Guilty verdict comes in!

h91DC50DB

:rockon:

I doubt she will get the DP.

after the KC fiasco I'm not sure how a jury will vote.

I was SO damn confidant that they would have at least given her LIP. but nope, I was wrong.

I never judge another case based on that one case.

It was an anomaly. Rarely do 12 people come together who are truly clueless and dismiss all the evidence they heard. 99% of jurors get it right day in and day out all across America.

I don't blame them one bit for going for the DP in the Anthony case. Duct taping a small child's nose and mouth and letting them suffocate is as cold blooded as it gets and it was certainly a death penalty case. Hell those 12 pinheads wouldn't even vote for aggravated manslaughter. They were too busy drinking the poisoned Kool-Aid.

If she doesn't get the DP it is like I have posted many times and the reasons will be she is a female, white, average looks and killed an adult MALE. There are plenty of injustices in our court system that reeks of gender biases. Females do not get the punishment they so richly deserve when a man would for the same like hideous crime. Its really shameful.

IMO

Did y'all hear Nancy Grace say bulls*** on her show about 5 minutes ago? I wonder if she'll get the Wendy Murphy treatment....

Forgot to add... Juan Martinez has a sexy smile...wanted to say that before, but my android has been acting up. BAD android...Bad!

I'm a little worried! NG just described one of the male jurors: a young male,sitting in front row wearing a gray hoodie was slouched down in his chair during Juan's closing - doing neck exercises! All of the other jurors were fixated on Juan. He is NOT an alternate, btw.

A hoodie in AZ? It must be close to 100 degrees. A hoodie in the courtroom???? Hmmm!

I hope I'm not ridiculously late again (always so behind!), but I wear a jacket inside in the NC summers when places have AC. I don't keep my AC as cold as they do, and if I don't wear a jacket inside those places, I can't take the heat outside as well. I'm outside a bunch, so it's important to stay used to being kinda hot. That and I'm literally cold with the way they keep their AC :D Under 75 anywhere in summer is downright polar to me.

I'm a bit concerned JA won't get M1. How are you preparing yourselves in that event?

Im prepared. Nothing shocks me any more after following cases all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter. She said she got cash. No receipt = no cash. They have to have a receipt, for cash, then mark the return on the receipt for the exact item. Bell Arias, had a receipt, with NO markings, on the gas can line item.

I admit, it's been years since I returned anything at WalMart...

BUT... Don't they have to just credit your debit card/credit card/checking account until at least 7 to 10 days after purchase?

I thought years ago they started doing that with people beginning to pay with cards so much instead of paying with cash. Yes, I'm showing my age here, and I earned every grey hair too. :)

I just let my daughter know that she could have the baby now....but it has to be done by noon on Monday.....LOL...

And you are entirely within your rights to make that perquisite known, lol!

I'm so jealous, BTW! Happy new grandchild to you!!!!!

I don't tweet, but someone needs to tell her that we will all be praying too! Praying that she gets the DP! :gavel:

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 27m Just the friendly FYI,:I am NOT profiting from my artwork: But it seems like everyone else is.

Ummm....then why is she selling it? Oh right, her mother is the one profiting. Got it.

My response would have been:

FYI.. If you kept your artwork to yourself then I guess you wouldn't have to worry about that.. 'Dontcha know?'

(couldn't resist)

I read on the other thread what some men think of Jodi...I have 3 at my house that have been forced to watch the trial (not really but it's on every TV in the house)

1. My husband, thinks she will get murder 1 and the DP...He calls her a crazy psycho bit@&.
2. A contractor remodeling our home for 4 long months and counting, he says same as my dh but thinks she will get murder 1 but LWOP.
3. Contractor helper thinks she's crazy too and will get murder 1 with DP.

I think Jodi scares the HELL out of most men and the men on the jury will see straight through her, as will the women.

These jurors have asked such great questions. Defense has been a joke.

Juan Martinez has supplied this Jury with everything they need to come to an agreement on premeditation.

There were pictures of this very crime while it was happening!

Please don't worry. The State and their experts were excellent.

It was a great day.Juan was perfect.Prayers for the Alexander Family.
Juan started to bring up those magazines that she had written on to one of the show's producers, as soon as he did Nurmi sz facts not in evidence, and I remembered right away oh yes those magazines WERE in evidence but Juan's questioning even left us scratching our heads, it was so quick and then it was over. So he objected I think three times loudly then side bar and then Juan pulled those Magazines out and went over it again on the Elmo. heeh. *(where JA had written on the side and it was all bullet points on the Elmo lol!)*

Juan Martinez, Art in the Courtroom! *not the mags either*

I think the three alternates were Ponytail, the elderly male, and Barb, a lady in her 40's.

I am sure the elderly male and Ponytail were both pro prosecution. The elderly male paid close attention and ponytail took detailed notes.

Anyone?

I was wondering about the elderly male juror. I don't know his age but if he is from a different generation he might not have liked the names Travis called Jodi. Most older men were brought up like gentlemen and might be offended by the language. I am not saying Travis was not a gentlemen - just a comment on the name calling.

However, I am glad the majority of the jury is made up of men. I believe most of these men will put themselves in Travis's place and be so thankful they never met or dated someone like Jodi. :noooo:

Some people have commented that men might have a hard time giving a woman the death penalty, but I think these jurors see the monster that killed Travis and will sentence her accordingly.

:rockon:

One more thing: KN said heat of passion . Is he then admitting that, the linebacker charge Bell demonstrated in court, was another lie?

I never judge another case based on that one case.

It was an anomaly. Rarely do 12 people come together who are truly clueless and dismiss all the evidence they heard. 99% of jurors get it right day in and day out all across America.

I don't blame them one bit for going for the DP in the Anthony case. Duct taping a small child's nose and mouth and letting them suffocate is as cold blooded as it gets and it was certainly a death penalty case. Hell those 12 pinheads wouldn't even vote for aggravated manslaughter. They were too busy drinking the poisoned Kool-Aid.

If she doesn't get the DP it is like I have posted many times and the reasons will be she is a female, white, average looks and killed an adult MALE. There are plenty of injustices in our court system that reeks of gender biases. Females do not get the punishment they so richly deserve when a man would for the same like hideous crime. Its really shameful.

IMO

I tried to write back to you on the last thread, but it closed on me, so I'm doing it now......

67 is the new 37. You and your DH are NOT elderly!!!!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member