Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to be O/T...but can someone pm me about tapatalk? I have an iphone and dont know what it is or if I need it !

Tapatalk is an iPhone app that basically you can read Websleuths on your phone. I love it, and currently use tapatalk 2, which is a little more expensive, but both are worth the $, in my opinion, for the convenience of Websleuths on-the-go!!

Better log off for a while. My vodkabulary gonna get me in trouble!
I'm with you all in spirit!

Tip for tomorrow's races : Don't bet on the horses!

XO.

HEY!!! BAD tip!!!!! :floorlaugh:

I made a LOT of $$$$ today on the ponies.....I had trial on the tv and races on the computer.

The Walmart Gas can receipt/testimony will hang JA. The jury will likely ask for the testimony to be read back--re: Juan's assertion that she returned the gas can to the same Walmart in Salinas, CA. They will read:

Q: You did indicate that you did buy the 3rd can in Salinas, CA, didn’t you.
A: Yes, I did.
Q: And, you did buy that in Salinas, and it was a 5 gallon gas can, right?
A: That’s correct.
Q: Would it surprise you that Walmart does not have any record for any transaction returning a gas can on that date?
A: That would surprise me, since I did return it.

Now, yes, she doesn’t say that she returned it to that particular Walmart. But, is it reasonable for anyone, not to raise that distinction on the stand, If she did in fact, return it to a different Walmart?

You know she would have made that distinction on the the stand if she did…SHE IS AN EFFING LIAR!

I have always been on the fence in regards to the DP, but in the case of AZ vs Arias, I would have no problem voting for the DP. I'm not quite sure what sets this case apart from so many others, for me. I think I would feel differently if I knew that LWOP carried the same standards as death row. 22 hours in a solitary small cell each day, limited visitation and phone calls (compared to general pop). I don't want her having a good time in prison -and we all know she will as long as she has access to other people to manipulate. It's what she thrives on. I want her to be all alone. :twocents:

I lurk daily but rarely post. I just wanted to say thank you to all the great posters here. This trial has taken over my life it seems at times. I got very emotional the past 2 days and it's good to be here with others who feel the same way. DH just doesn't get it!

Praying for justice for Travis and strength and peace for his loved ones.

:welcome:

I have a quick break between flights. Please tell me, is anyone shocked. I haven't seen a thing since 11 AM!

Running the cattle cars? I had a client that did the back and forth between Love and Hobby back in the day.

I missed pretty much all of Nurmi (went out the door/ down the street and had to return for a moment and I hear Nurmi starting in on sex..was totally disgusted. It sure didn't take him long) and got back just as the verdict watch started. I'm thankful for Youtube and this weekend.

If you were a juror, would you be more ticked that JA lied to you or that the DT did in their closing?

Since we know JA lies...even if we didn't, I would think about the defendants answers being truthful just to get out of trouble. It was proven she lied.

Those representing the law, especially,....I feel they would tell the truth and not deliberately lie....even if they are human and can make mistakes. I feel they knowingly lied several times....or they were sleeping during testimony, missed the truth, which means they did not read what was given to them. But they did read, listened and lied....lying does not help the defendant or anyone in the long run.

Just who can one trust now? So sad. JMO

Tapatalk is an iPhone app that basically you can read Websleuths on your phone. I love it, and currently use tapatalk 2, which is a little more expensive, but both are worth the $, in my opinion, for the convenience of Websleuths on-the-go!!

I must not need it then cause I read Websleuths on my iphone everyday lol
But thanks !

Would it even matter if she said she returned it to another store? Does WalMart only have records of what is in each particular store or computerized by the SKU # for all locations?

Juan had the perfect PROOF in his final rebuttal. He pulled out the THREE gas receipts and totaled them up, PROVING she had 3 cans plus the car gas tank filled up. :great:

Juan had the perfect PROOF in his final rebuttal. He pulled out the THREE gas receipts and totaled them up, PROVING she had 3 cans plus the car gas tank filled up. :great:

Awesome!

:great:

I was wondering about the elderly male juror. I don't know his age but if he is from a different generation he might not have liked the names Travis called Jodi. Most older men were brought up like gentlemen and might be offended by the language. I am not saying Travis was not a gentlemen - just a comment on the name calling.

However, I am glad the majority of the jury is made up of men. I believe most of these men will put themselves in Travis's place and be so thankful they never met or dated someone like Jodi. :noooo:

Some people have commented that men might have a hard time giving a woman the death penalty, but I think these jurors see the monster that killed Travis and will sentence her accordingly.

:rockon:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, after spending more than a few years working in an assisted living facility, I've also found that many elderly (and I'm using the term loosely, I have no idea how old this juror is) men and women have no problem calling it as they see it. It's one of the main reasons I love working with this particular population.

Example:

Resident: "Oh, I know him."
Me: "Really? Tell me about him."
Resident: "He's a *advertiser censored* master."
Me: "Alrighty then. Thanks for filling me in."

Then I ran to my office and laughed my *advertiser censored* off.

I am not sure about the death penalty. I would vote for it but I know EVERYTHING. They do not. They have to find only one what they know it court. I would indeed vote Murder 1. I think there is a lot of evidence that shows premeditation and even if they don't agree with the May date of premed, I think the instructions make it clear that premeditation can be moments.

I think that came across when she stabbed him, And had a chance to stop, when she slit his throat and had a chance to stop and then shot him...

I think there was premeditation 3 times in this case just in the act of the murder.

Yes yes and yes on premeditation!

I saw where the death certificate after a death penalty is carried out reads: cause of death...Homicide-Judicial
I realized at that moment I could not take another persons life.

Yes she did it to Travis and her day is going to come but I would let God decide when that will be. But I most certainly understand how vile she is and how the family feels. God bless them all.

Oh, and I loved that Juan got to drop in what Jodi said in code in those magazines.

She sounded like a gangster giving orders. They know she was trying to get a hold of someone in media. She also sounded like she could order a hit man on you, Matt, if you didn't change your testimony. Jurors don't know the whole story, but they know enough. They know the accusations about pedophilia were a sneaky, dishonest plan and that there was a hearing.

Praying for Travis's Family and Friends to stay strong and feel us with you.

Love this picture pic.twitter.com/tnkuGzSaW3 (you might have to copy and paste it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenduhhhhh