Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 8h
Commissary didn't arrive this week. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and discovering that Santa skipped your neighborhood.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Hypocrisy bugs. Wish we could shine a spotlight on all of Juan's lies,lies he's made on record over the years in a court of law.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I almost jumped out of my seat ( where I have been magnetically attached watching this trial) when I heard KN say "conversate". :floorlaugh:

conversate - via the urban dictionary :

A word used by backwards, ignorant, illiterate inner city trash who mean to say 'converse'.

I actually knew this...because I work in an " inner city" college and I hear my students say this often. ( I love my students )When I first heard it, I found it jarring and went to the dictionary myself to make sure.

Converse...... now i am ready for them when I hear it.

They are shocked they really think it is a word.

Now I am blown away by JM's downright poetic references . I love love that he used two iconic poems at incredible moments. He is a great mind. But the first- How do I love thee- let me count the ways ( not lies )( love you to death literally) I am not sure about this I have to look more..I do not think EBB wrote this as a tongue and cheek poem to her hubby Robert Browning ( also a poet) I may be wrong.

How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)

by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

The John Donne poem
"No man is an island, entire of itself; every
man is a piece of the continent, a part of the
main. If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory
were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or
of thine own were: any man's death diminishes
me, because I am involved in mankind, and
therefore never send to know for whom the bells
tolls; it tolls for thee."
John Donne
Devotions upon
Emergent Occasions, no. 17
(Meditation)
1624 (published)

excuse me F*#% nurmi for blowing the moment

[video=youtube;tS4S5WMh6pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4S5WMh6pk&list=PL79B160677BD77533[/video]

the bell tolls for Travis Victor Alexander
May the Jurors and Judge be blessed with discernment.

"we need one another....each man as my brother each man as my friend"

May I make a confession? I said I'd try and fast tomorrow but I don't think I will. I feel guilty because it's not due to any health condition. I just feel weak and tired if I don't eat and I don't want that. I want to fully alert and energetic as we approach verdict day. I will be praying all day though.

I hope this doesn't make me a hypocrite of any sort. My heart is in Arizona this week.

Me too rose22. We all pray in our own way. Fasting isn't included in my praying either.

Someone posted yesterday that one of those two men was JW's husband.

When I watched the after court video and the bearded guy was waiting for Judge, I thought....is that Judge Sherry's husband? he was right by her bench, on the side. No asking to approach. lol Haven't a clue, although the bearded guy has been in court before..he's been in vids before. And he's nice looking. ;)

May I make a confession? I said I'd try and fast tomorrow but I don't think I will. I feel guilty because it's not due to any health condition. I just feel weak and tired if I don't eat and I don't want that. I want to fully alert and energetic as we approach verdict day. I will be praying all day though.

I hope this doesn't make me a hypocrite of any sort. My heart is in Arizona this week.

A hypocrite would have judged other for not participating while eating a cheese burger. Being honest about not wanting to fast, is just being honest. Doing whatever you are comfortable with is what you should do :) JMHO

Commissary didn't arrive this week. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and discovering that Santa skipped your neighborhood.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Hypocrisy bugs. Wish we could shine a spotlight on all of Juan's lies,lies he's made on record over the years in a court of law.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And she has the nerve to claim low self-esteem. She is pretty ballsy if you ask me. :lol:

I believe they will take no more then 3-4 hours. I honesty think they get it :moo::moo:

I totally agree. I cant fathom how it isnt blatently obvious that it is premeditated murder 1 but after listening to some of the "jurors" on After Dark last night I am worried. Quite a few fell for that heat of passion theory. SMH

Oh Rose, you are not a hypocrite of any sort. You have shed so many tears and sent prayers and positivity to this family throughout this trial. Hopefully all our prayers will be answered, whether we fast or not. :seeya:

I totally agree. I cant fathom how it isnt blatently obvious that it is premeditated murder 1 but after listening to some of the "jurors" on After Dark last night I am worried. Quite a few fell for that heat of passion theory. SMH

I don't think you should be worried. They do that for dramatic effect. :drama:

O/T a little here but there were a few times I noticed JSS's hands and to me it looks like she might have rheumatoid arthritis. If so, I feel so bad for her. That can be such a painful condition, and it can worsen with stress.

Hopefully someone on here can help!! There was a memorial video posted on a previous thread that ended with a an image of Travis with his arm around Juan's shoulders. It was beautiful. Does anyone know where it was?

Nurmi is absolutely right on this point. There is no consent to sex when one is unconscious or asleep. I can't even understand why any man would WANT to stick their wick in a sleeping woman anyway. What, she's just a piece of flesh for a guy to get off on without any participation or even interest on her part? They can't be bothered to wake her up first? There's only one reason a guy has for penetrating a sleeping woman and that's because they don't want to deal with the possibility that she might refuse - they want to have sex and don't CARE whether she wants to or not and don't CARE that she's not sexually aroused which is often physically as well as emotionally painful. YES, penetrating a sleeping woman without her consent is rape.
That said, plenty of partners have implied consent when it comes to what is ok and what is not ok concerning their sexual relations, and this can be one of them as long as it is clear between them that doing this is ok. But it's still obnoxious selfish behavior, and I'm damned as to why any woman would be ok with it no matter how much they love their partner.

Nurmi was only wrong for bringing this up because from Jodi's own mouth we learned that she LIKED being woken up by Travis penetrating her, and there was likely implied consent between them that this behavior she not only consented to but enjoyed. However, I think the whole story of Travis doing this is rubbish to begin with.

I'm so revolted by this attitude that as long as a woman is having a sexual relationship with someone that anything goes between them whether she consents to it or not and that having a sexual relationship with someone gives their partner a license to do with her body whatever they like as if she's nothing more than a mound of flesh that they own.

Raise your hand guys who don't see any problem with their partner waking them up by jamming a cucumber up their backside without lube when that's not something that you've ever consented to before.

:stormingmad:

I don't believe she said he woke her up to "anal" sex. And she DID consent to anal sex throughout their sexual relationship and with another. To each their own. I really don't care whether she "liked" it or not. She consented and in the sex tape she absolutely said she enjoyed it.

And I'd like to see a raising of hands for those who don't mind or did not mind when their husband or boyfriend woke them or wakes them up with sex. Rape? That's little out there! IMO.

Before anyone goes crazy on me...of course I do not condone rape or non-consenting sex.

Can anyone remember JM ever wearing THE tie? Any speculation as to whether or not he'll wear it for when the verdict comes in?

After the shock of the FCA trial, I will never count my chickens before they hatch again. Although the trials are very different doesn't matter to me. My concern is the jurors. I know how I view things but the fact remains that I don't know how the jury viewed the very same things. Nothing is certain.

I pray that the jury will not have their vision impaired by the fog that was the Defense and it will be a clear day for them and Justice will prevail.

Thank you! It nearly kills me to not do everything I can for Travis and his family. I will be praying... :)
You're here for them in mind and spirit and that's huge Rose. Your humanity shines through!

I don't believe she said he woke her up to "anal" sex. And she DID consent to anal sex throughout their sexual relationship and with another. To each their own. I really don't care whether she "liked" it or not. She consented and in the sex tape she absolutely said she enjoyed it.

And I'd like to see a raising of hands for those who don't mind or did not mind when their husband or boyfriend woke them or wakes them up with sex. Rape? That's little out there! IMO.

Before anyone goes crazy on me...of course I do not condone rape or non-consenting sex.

you're right. he did NOT (according to her) wake her up with anal sex. it was plain old sex and according to her, one of the very few times they did that.

anyone who believes JA was repulsed by ANY of the sex they have needs to listen to her cooing and egging him on in the 5/10 recorded phone call. there's nothing she wasn't up for.

I fell asleep last night, and woke up to all the TH's on HLN laughing about Jodi's latest tweets. They said the tweets were "Felony Stupid". :lol: The one about Juan, and now the one about Christmas! :lol:

Good morning Softail--and all, I seriously hope that AZ has a new law asap to stop prisoners from being able to use social media.

Hopefully someone on here can help!! There was a memorial video posted on a previous thread that ended with a an image of Travis with his arm around Juan's shoulders. It was beautiful. Does anyone know where it was?

Is it this video?

[video=youtube;7SmqAFapJok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SmqAFapJok[/video]

Can anyone remember JM ever wearing THE tie? Any speculation as to whether or not he'll wear it for when the verdict comes in?

Have not seen it yet. Flores wore his, as did Steven and his step brother. Juan would not want to wear it just yet as Nurmi has filed so many Prosecutorial Misconduct motions. Maybe verdict day.

I'm watching yesterday's closing again (only JM's part of course) and there are a handful of times when Willmott tells Nurmi to object and he does not. If Willmott had her way she'd object every 30 seconds.

Nurmi was overruled just about every time.

My favorite is when the Judge said once "overruled again" LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member