Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:loveyou: You guys are great.

:HHJP:

Glad we have this little sanctuary called Websleuths while we wait for the murder one verdict.

I don't believe she said he woke her up to "anal" sex. And she DID consent to anal sex throughout their sexual relationship and with another. To each their own. I really don't care whether she "liked" it or not. She consented and in the sex tape she absolutely said she enjoyed it.

And I'd like to see a raising of hands for those who don't mind or did not mind when their husband or boyfriend woke them or wakes them up with sex. Rape? That's little out there! IMO.

Before anyone goes crazy on me...of course I do not condone rape or non-consenting sex.

Penetrating someone who is asleep is rape BECAUSE it is non-consensual. If some couples are ok with that then it's because the consent is implied as both parties are ok with it and KNOW that both parties are ok with it. And whether it's anal or vaginal or oral it's all penetration and it's all rape. No wonder some many men think this is perfectly acceptable behavior when even women think it's no big deal.
:banghead:

I have always been on the fence in regards to the DP, but in the case of AZ vs Arias, I would have no problem voting for the DP. I'm not quite sure what sets this case apart from so many others, for me. I think I would feel differently if I knew that LWOP carried the same standards as death row. 22 hours in a solitary small cell each day, limited visitation and phone calls (compared to general pop). I don't want her having a good time in prison -and we all know she will as long as she has access to other people to manipulate. It's what she thrives on. I want her to be all alone. :twocents:
I have always been opposed to the DP. I live in a state with a moratorium on it because of the obscene percentage of sentences and executions of inmates later exonerated--- often posthumously. Prosecutorial misconduct is epidemic. And I believe our forefathers' intent was to spare the innocent, even if some who are guilty go unpunished.

This case is VERY different for me. First, the killer has admitted her actions. Secondly, she received a rigorous defense. The nature of the crime is heinous beyond comprehension. She is personality-disordered in ways that cannot be rehabilitated (and I refer NOT to BPD, but to psychopathy). MOST importantly, I support the Alexanders.

This is a case like none other. Does it conflict with my beliefs? I haven't really decided. I do know thay, if put to death, there is NO question of guilt. There is NO chance someone else will be " sitting pretty" as the murderess coyly told Det. Flores when she believed she could charm her way out of this. It will not be a miscarriage of justice.

She is a psychopath. She brutally, mercilessly slaughtered Travis Alexander.

If I'm a hypocrite...well, I'm okay with that.

Can anyone remember JM ever wearing THE tie? Any speculation as to whether or not he'll wear it for when the verdict comes in?
Good question! I bet we see it during the penalty phase when it's safer for him to wear it without risking the DT having a hissy fit. Who knows which JAAII readers may venture here on 'covert missions'. :jail:

Good morning Softail--and all, I seriously hope that AZ has a new law asap to stop prisoners from being able to use social media.

Isn't it Donovan who is tweeting for her? JA has no sense of decorum.

Dr. Geffner is back in San Diego and on the local news being interviewed.
Here's what I basically heard him say. (it doesn't amount to a hill of beans)

Geffner said, "The only person who knows what really happened is Jodi Arias."
He said he, himself, would be unable to convict or not convict.
He stated Jodi has this dissociate state about the crime.
Asked if people have been voicing displeasure at Geffner for assisting someone that
brutally murdered....
....he said those are felonies....
both sides are over their heads, said Geffner.
There's not strong evidence on either side. :notgood:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/

How would he know that when he said he wasn't following the trial????

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 8h
Commissary didn't arrive this week. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and discovering that Santa skipped your neighborhood.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 8h
Hypocrisy bugs. Wish we could shine a spotlight on all of Juan's lies,lies he's made on record over the years in a court of law.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hopefully Santa will be skipping her "neighborhood" for the rest of her life.

She's been naughty and not nice.

And seriously? Calling Juan a LIAR. She's so pathetic!

I got the impression on After Dark, a couple went against the grain just so they could get on camera-- as why they did. So Nurmi planting that seed to the lone juror, was not good. Let's hope they picked a clever common-sense, seen-it-all type of foreperson who will gather them all into a Premeditated 1st Degree guilty.
I just hoped that one that has the gas purchases down pat, the "engineer" juror hasn't been dismissed or sitting on the sidelines. I hope one or more of those women (or men) know a female like Jodi, sometime in their lifetime. They will set those other jurors straight about the ways of Ms. Arias.

Does anybody else think HLN has gone waaaaaaaaay overboard with their "HLN After Dark'??? I saw they were gonna be on for 3 HOURS last night. It's like they've been having a party over the murder of this young man.

yeah, and some of their promos have been like movie previews.Distasteful. but I guess that's what they are about.They'll be missing Jodi when this is over. Unfortunately some other psycho will fill her slot.

Penetrating someone who is asleep is rape BECAUSE it is non-consensual. If some couples are ok with that then it's because the consent is implied as both parties are ok with it and KNOW that both parties are ok with it. And whether it's anal or vaginal or oral it's all penetration and it's all rape. No wonder some many men think this is perfectly acceptable behavior when even women think it's no big deal.

IMO It's not rape 5 years after the fact just because you need to call it rape to justify murder.

How would he know that when he said he wasn't following the trial????

no chit. why anyone would care what this guy thought is beyond me. i've already forgotten him because he's not worth remembering.

The irony spewing from JA's tweets about lying is it her attorney who had problems with the truth - not the prosecutor.

Isn't it Donovan who is tweeting for her? JA has no sense of decorum.

I think that is what people said, Zuri. Honestly, she makes me feel physically ill--just the fact that she has found a way to keep on talking makes me :banghead:

Skip Nurmi's yacking. Watch JM from start to finish. Every minute was amazing. I will say that JM was better day before but he can't be perfect every minute of everyday. ;)

Margaritas, wine and JM sound amazing! Enjoy!

Does he start before or after the afternoon (3pm) break?

Hold on KandyKane! I am as against rape as the next woman or man for that matter. I think when you are in a "sexual relationship" and that is what it was for both of them "SEX" is the operative word. Oral, Anal, Vaginal, etc---anything goes or it seems went in their relationship. That is Not the same as sneaking in someones window and penetrating them while they are asleep--as a perfect stranger. Yikes! I shudder to think of how many men and women could be charged with that in a marriage, relationship or divorce.

I think she said he woke her up with "Oral" sex--not Anal sex. Just sayin and MOO.

Does he start before or after the afternoon (3pm) break?

I think they had an early break and then JM was on.

[video=youtube;eFPJl-xXZ2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFPJl-xXZ2Q[/video]

And now starts the :rollercoaster:....

As for my 30K foot view of the defense closing-it is never good when you have to tell a jury that your client lies and lies and lies and yeah she is a liar, but she isnt lying THIS time.

Uh huh.

And the wide grin when he said he didnt like her most days? What the :censored: ?

I totally agree. I cant fathom how it isnt blatently obvious that it is premeditated murder 1 but after listening to some of the "jurors" on After Dark last night I am worried. Quite a few fell for that heat of passion theory. SMH

well, they're morons then. manslaughter, as i heard it, depends on PROVOCATION. where's the provocation? he's sitting on his naked butt in the shower. what could he have done to provoke her into doing what she did? nothing, that's what. the only person who says there was provocation is HER---the biggest liar on the planet earth.
is there 'passion' in her attack on him? you bet there is. it smoldered for a long time and she really turned it loose on him. but this is NOT a manslaughter case according to the law that was read.

I just hafta say this about ALV: She irritated me more than anyone other than the defendant in this trial. She reminds me of certain women I have met during the time I was involved with self-help groups. There always seems to be a woman who emerges a a protector and guide for the newbies.This woman becomes sort of a celeb, for want of a better word. The woman hang on her every word, ask for advise, etc. THESE woman have been for the most part helpful and well-meaning.
ALV makes me think that she has morphed from counselor to sort of a super hero and defender of battered women, with gaggles of adoring supporters feeding her ego. Unfortunately that was not her role in the trial. Tragically, she did a disservice to women suffering from abuse.

JMO

IMO It's not rape 5 years after the fact just because you need to call it rape to justify murder.

Someone commented (?) that the murderer chose hot button issues, e.g., domestic violence, pedophilia and now sexual assault/rape, as part of her defense. IT DOES NOT go unnoticed on me that she did that--it is was purposeful and calculated. It is very sad what she has done, and real victims are hurt by this imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member