Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have said it wrong. In no way do I think Nurm's close was better than JM's rebuttal. Just that the since the expectations for Nurm were so low, it was very easy to exceed them. Expectations too high for JM, easy for some to be disappointed, however slightly.

OH Hope-I meant no offense to your post.I understood what you were saying,maybe it was me who said it wrong-LOL
KN KINDA had a flow where Juan was choppy,only due to a few hrs of prep time.

JA had five years to sit in jail and make up lie after lie after lie. Anybody that watched this trial knew she continued to do this even until closing arguments when her lawyer continued the interpretation of JA's lies. She will never stop being a danger.

I have avoided looking at the autopsy pics, but I imagine the jurors have felt duty bound to view them. What juror will want to be responsible for putting the person capable of that savagery within reach of innocents ever again? I hope not even one.

KN sounded better only bc Juan did not know what their final arguement was going to be-you never know whats going to come out of his mouth-well... beside the words sex,lies & dirty little secrets..
Juan had months to prepare for his C/A,but only hrs to prepare his rebuttal.Thats why it sounded so choppy..but he did great for just a few hrs of prep time!!

ITA, and I think Juan did the right thing by going back to the gas and gas can receipts, as well as reading the juror instructions and explaining once again the reason for a murder 1 conviction - it was very important to negate the ridiculous suggestion that this in any way was manslaughter!

COMPLETELY agree! :clap::clap:

Then add on her good friend Geffner who, never having seen an autopsy, knows how to interrupt a ME's report better than the ME himself!!! What a joke these people are!!

I sounds mean but part of me wants to hear if there's any backlash. I suppose mostly those in that community would know.

I hope there is a backlash if only to stop or at least have expert rethink their testimony. Which brings me to the QUESTION, what would happen if they could not find any experts to attest to Jodis' claim of abuse and PTS. If they could not find anyone to believe her lies. moo

The other thing that resonated with me was when Juan Martinez talked about the horror of Travis seeing JA stab him in the back while in front of the mirror. That statement was incredibly powerful.

This was a moment in that courtroom when everything just stood still.
I was moved to tears when he said this..Your right..what a powerful moment!!

I think she is very dangerous. I think she could very possibly kill another boyfriend/partner/husband that she became obsessed with.

The best place for her is that 12x7 cell on death row, 3 showers a week, allowed out of her cell 2 hours at a time, 3 times a week and away from other inmates she can manipulate.

I hope there is a backlash if only to stop or at least have expert rethink their testimony. Which brings me to the QUESTION, what would happen if they could not find any experts to attest to Jodis' claim of abuse and PTS. If they could not find anyone to believe her lies. moo

There is always someone who can be bought, always.

Does anyone have that link KBHO something like that. I need ASASP!

:panic: :panic:

HELP!!!!!

I've had the feeling Nurmi is reading online for weeks now. I also think he believes the jury has been reading the same stuff he has. Not here but elsewhere ALV's sexual preferences have been discussed and how they might affect her biases. I assumed that comment was an attempt to rehabilitate ALV. In true Nurmi fashion he'd focus on that and not the real reasons she was impeached.
As for the hair comment, I believe he was telling whichever juror had submitted the question 'Could PTSD be caused by a bad haircut' or something like that, that their question was stupid. That's what I took from it and I instantly though what a dumb move on his part. There are no stupid questions Nurmi, just stupid answers like yours. I was proud of JM to throw it right back at him.

I thought the very same thing as you about the haircut and sex prefaces. I wonder what other sarcastic comments they got from the jurors that weren't answered in court? I want to find out what really went on with ALV in chambers.
Do you think she was charged with perjury?

Another thing that crossed my mind was about the forensic evidence and ME. This trial has hopefully given them a "gut check". When justice is in the balance, arrogance needs to be checked at the door. The police work on this case was phenomenal. I just feel that there was more to the forensics than was presented. JM tied it together very well, but it has bothered me that the testimony on the stand by the forensic team could have been more powerful. IMO

OK. Time to get moving. Been reading around here, there and everywhere since like 7am, although I did sneak in a shower and get dressed!

See you all later!

P.S. I was thinking of doing that text alert, but I don't want to be getting texts about other breaking news. So peeking in on Websleuth's all day Monday from work!! Hopefully I will be able to see the verdict live whenever it happens. But if not I will certainly e able so see what is going on here!

Have a great weekend everybody!

When I signed up for the breaking news text, it replied back that only 3 messages per week would be sent. It was the alert where you send text "BREAKING" to 23765. I have received 4 so far, but that's over 3 days- 2 were JA trial related, 2 were not.

Jodi trying to find lies that Juan did during trials etc is just another example of Jodi not taking responsibility for herself and it cements the fact that she lied on the stand and is ok with that cause she surmises even Juan has lied. What a load of crap. She is still a lying evil witch.

Lol...like Martinez said over and over "it's not her fault". Now it's The Prosecutor who is to blame. When she sits on Death Row next week she will blame Travis, her parents, maybe Flores and The Prosecutor.

I hope she remembers his telling her jury "$12.96, I guess that's the price of premeditation these days"

The other thing that resonated with me was when Juan Martinez talked about the horror of Travis seeing JA stab him in the back while in front of the mirror. That statement was incredibly powerful.

Yes, yes, yes, that was a very powerful and chilling moment!

Also, at the end, where Juan actually said the defendant's name "Jodi Ann Arias" . . . I loved that he gave this lying murderous defendant a name . . . Jodi Ann Arias . . . PERFECT!!!

I enjoyed your post, thanks for the guilt trip. I started cleaning too last night and yet, here I sit again. lol Seriously, I'm going to be thinking about your post all day, especially this part.

I have often wondered how jurors cope when they go home, learn what we know, and then go on with their lives. Does it stick with them?

I watched Juan Martinez live but I swear every five minutes the phone rang or someone came to the door. I had no idea I had such a full life!

I had to detach some because it is just too easy for me to slip back to reliving my own experience with my son's death and my father's as well. People get away with murder quite often, apparently.

One thing I have noticed is that Jodi must have been extremely jealous of the love and admiration Travis Alexander had earned. He was the real deal, a person trying to be better, a person with compassion for others. Over years he had accumulated friends who all loved him dearly, who were not afraid of him. His friends didn't violate each other's privacy.

He lived in a world that Jodi Arias could NOT be part of-- because of her lack of character. It became really obvious, even to him, that he could do much better because she was a fake Mormon, a fake photographer, a fake Law of Attraction believer....after all, isn't she about to attract the Death Penalty????

She scammed Travis. Meaning, imo, when he said he was finally really through with her, he went to his finances and realized that the advances in commissions he had been giving her were against PPL sales which she never made. The names were bogus, etc, something like that.

I got this idea from his threat to tell Chris and Skye, who were her upline. Why tell them instead of the bishop? Because it was a PPL scam where she used her information she snooped to enter his PPL account and transfer his sales to herself, and he found out she had been doing whatever it was for some time.

And Travis was such a kind person he didn't immediately call the police or call Chris himself. He tried to use the info to get her to leave him alone. Maybe he knew how useless restraining orders can be with seriously crazy violent people.

Also, I'll bet she threatened him physically, something like, "You don't know who you are dealing with - you will regret this, Travis, I promise you. You can mark my words, if you are still alive."

That would be a provocation for his fear of her (in addition to the stalking).

Anagrammy

For those who've been worried about not being able to fast tomorrow remember this:

1. One of TAs friends had a blog re: being a poor, broke college student and he would NEVER let her go hungry. He'd take her to eat or buy her groceries when needed. He wouldnt let her pay him back either!!
2. JA and TA were going to the movies and he stopped to ask a woman if she was hungry - he went to Wendy's, bought her food and delivered it to her!
3. Another friend on DD said TA literally took in a homeless man to feed him, let him clean up and got him a job!!
4. I've read multiple counts of TA always keeping a stocked fridge. He never locked his doors and it was known that if you were hungry, you were welcome to come over and get some nourishment!!!

Believe me, he understands if you can't participate bc your hearts are in the right place!!! Carry on WS'ers!!! Justice on the way ♥ ♥

Yes, yes, yes, that was a very powerful and chilling moment!

Also, at the end, where Juan actually said the defendant's name "Jodi Ann Arias" . . . I loved that he gave this lying murderous defendant a name . . . Jodi Ann Arias . . . PERFECT!!!

not only that,he used the word slaughtered at that very moment..

There is always someone who can be bought, always.

They should have tried to buy a forensic pathologist. An M.D. who would back up their gunshot first theory.

Also telling that in FIVE years no child, woman, ex-girlfriend...nobody at all ever came forward saying Travis abused them in any way whatsoever.

I thought the very same thing as you about the haircut and sex prefaces. I wonder what other sarcastic comments they got from the jurors that weren't answered in court? I want to find out what really went on with ALV in chambers.
Do you think she was charged with perjury?

Me too!!
I hope she was charged but it may not come until after the trial. From JM's calling her an outright liar in open court, televised to the world with no objections from the DT was very telling of something huge IMO. I think the proceedings that happen in judges chambers are available after the trial is over. That's what they appear to read like but I've been wrong on that before so...:blushing:

Yesterday both sides mentioned the case " Not being about someone's sexuality" ...What ever they said made me think it was more about sexual preference and not sex ... I didn't get the reference? What did I miss? Or am I confused.?

I assumed he was referring to ALV since he also mentioned Snow White and a bad haircut in the same breath. He was trying to stick up for his witness...I mean he paid for her testimony after-all!!

I had a lot of distractions yesterday, so maybe Juan did address these issues and I missed them. I was hoping he would have made it crystal clear that Jodi's "covert mission" didn't start in Redding, Ca. That it only started when she neared the Arizona line. Of course she wanted a record of everything else she did on her trip, it was her alibi. How could she prove she was in the places she wanted him to know about? I hope I'm wrong. I hope Juan did tie this up. He was absolutely wonderful on everything else, and I know the jury got it, but I was hoping for it to be glaring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CROOKED_RIVER