Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch...she is effed when the jury wants that testimony read back.

I recall a trial where the jury was not allowed to see transcripts/videos of testimony...they had to rely on their memories/notes during deliberations.

So does Arizona allow testimony transcripts/video?

Oh...Somehow, I doubt that MM will "show up" for many years to come. He's most likely in Mexico under an assumed name. The media has not been able to find him. Not a smidgen of information. LOLZ. What a cop out!

moo

He is the case Zenaida. I'm beginning to wonder if he exists or if he is a figment of everyone's imagination. I know JM said he deposed him, but I'm on the fence about buying his existence lol.

Wasn't he the Dr. baby killer from PA? I'm waiting for the trial of Mario McNeill, the killer of little Shaniya Davis. I've read the media has not requested permission to do live coverage of trial.

Yes The Philly Baby Butcher is more like it!

They are still in deliberations I'm sure he'll die in prison (72yrs old) but I'd like the Precedence of DP for these actions!!!

This is truly one of the most horrific things I've ever heard & the photos have made me truly question what constitutes true evil in this world really is!!!

Please no offense to Travis or his Family but I'm absolutely certain they would agree 100% in the above statement!

Sorry I know O/T but if you don't know search Kermit Gosnell then you'll know true evil. Makes you wonder where 'Choice' ends or who's.. just say'n JMO etc.

<stepping off my soap box now>

I am protecting myself by preparing for the worst.

My 20 yr old DD called me just after Verdict Watch began. She 'counseled' me and said remember what happened last time, I just don't want you to be too upset.

I told her she sounded like I used to sound when I warned her about getting her heartbroken by boys. :heartbeat: I guess I must be getting old, the tables have turned. :baby:
That's touching.

You know, Travis's friend just brought up a really good point...and one that we haven't discussed much that I saw anyway.

The self-defense defense has basically been DROPPED COMPLETELY!

It was hardly discussed, if at all, by Nurmi.

He went for "heat of passion" - you know, the "snapped" defefense - instead.

WHO DOES THAT? What lawyer on either side changes the story for the 4th time, in the MIDDLE OF THE TRIAL!?!?!

I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor with that one. Never ever in my life I have I even heard of any defense counsel doing such a thing. In fact, I didn't they they could even if they wanted to. This is just as bad as if they had spent all these months arguing the ninja story and than changing to the self-defense story during the closing. Changing horses in mid-stream is a death toll for your case. Nurmi suddenly switching to this crime of passion "snapped" story means that he acknowledges that all these months of trial the defense have lied about EVERYTHING and now in the the 11th hour are basically tellling the jury "well, no, it wasn't self-defense after all... we just made that all up 'cause it sounded better, but once we realized that there was no way on earth you were going to buy that excuse now we're trying this "snapped" story on for size and maybe you'll like this story better."

It's ludicrous. You just can't go from Travis being the aggressor with Jodi having no choice but to defend herself to JODI being the aggressor and just wigged out on Travis for no apparent reason and slaughtered him. These are two entirely different defense claims that are polar opposites... it has to be either one or the other. They both can't be the aggressor. In a self-defense claim it's the person that had to defend themselves that CAN'T be the aggressor or it isn't self-defense, so how on earth to you make this claim and spend the entire trial insisting it is true and then suddenly change to JODI being the one who "snapped" and was the aggressor in some crime of passion ludicrous defense especially when a crime of passion homocide is STILL a murder charge - not manslaughter?

I skipped the defense closing today since I just knew I wouldn't be able to stomach it, and I'm still so flabbergasted that this is what Nurmi did that I may never pick my jaw up off the floor again. I wondered why on earth the defense wanted that kooky manslaughter/crime of passion charge added to the charges and figured that when they did that the "crime of passion" bit was just part of a list of possibilities of what could constitute manslaughter - not that they'd actually try to change horses mid-stream and actually SWITCH to that defense invalidating their entire case and making henious liars out of all of them (defense attorneys, defendant, experts, etc.). I seriously always thought that you COULDN'T change horses mid-stream and were stuck with whatever your defense was even if you knew it was a loser once trial started.

Someone said there was clapping for Martinez in court! Wow, right in court? Anyone know if it's on tape?

:seeya:

No clapping in court except nurmi trying to keep the jury awake. If clapping happened after the jurors left and cameras were turned off I dont know.

I want to try and say this as respectfully as I can:

This is NOT the CA case. It's over. Nothing I can do about it. It's over. It's almost like "some" have an Alyce type PTSD over that ONE case. :praying:

Since then, thousands upon thousands of cases have been tried and adjudicated in our Great Country.

THIS case is about what Jodi did to Travis. Amen. :truce:

Good example is post 486. :banghead:

He is the case Zenaida. I'm beginning to wonder if he exists or if he is a figment of everyone's imagination. I know JM said he deposed him, but I'm on the fence about buying his existence lol.
I'm sorry but I completely disagree. He is NOT the case Zenaida. Zenaida was an "innocent party" that didn't even know CA. MM knew JA well; so well in fact, that he stated he would lie for her. He proceeded to do so on the "innocent" website and subsequently DISAPPEARED! I hope he's having a good time in hiding! NOT. Shame on him.

moo

Even if she went through the motions of returning it, minus the receipt, they would still have record of the return. The jury heard her say she returned it @ THAT WALMART. Nurmi neglected to check his facts and I am sure the jury did not appreciate that oversight.

Well now they have proof that JA is a liar and her attorney is as well. IF I were a juror that would not fly with me at all.

KN used the only ONE question that was really nagging me in this case--why call Ryan burns and tell him she was coming straight away. A lot of people disputed me on that question, but it's a really important question.

but KN, can you explain to me what conversations Jodi had with Travis for any length of time to prove he'd ask her to come there? Her call with Travis, the 2 minute one, was a couple hours before she talked to Ryan, yes? So she already knew at that point she was going to see Travis (if Travis had talked her into it). So yes, why DID she tell Ryan she'd be there straight away instead of making up a lie?

That is a good question for either side of this case.

Why wouldn't they be able to present the transcript? They can and did present other evidence. Their statements in closing aren't evidence. But if they really wanted to make a point, I don't see why showing the transcript would be precluded?

You can't show a transcript of a witnesses testimony to the jury.

KN expects us to now believe that Jodi drove through the whole of California and AZ and Nevada with no OTHER police officer seeing the upside down license plate. Now you can't have it both ways, KN. Either police will notice it or they won't. Let's not even mention the fact that she probably removed it locally in Travis' neighborhood so no one would see a car with a CA license plate while she was there.

Ms.FauxEinstein is definitely not too skilled in her "Reattaching the License Plate" skills. She has become her own worst witness in this trial. (the camera incident, her narcissism in shooting off her mouth in numerous TV specials, upside down plate, lying about gas cans, etc.)

Nurmi wants us to believe that Jodi did not plan to drive to Mesa to kill Travis.

The DT/Jodi are going down like the Titanic.

Gun?- check
Extra gas?- check
Motive? - check
Alibi? - check

Nurmi did not prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Travis abused Jodi. There is no evidence of that anywhere except Jodi's words which is all lies.

The lies alone is M1, then add a dash a premeditation and overkill, that's M1 - Felony with the worst sentence available in the good state of AZ.

KN expects us to now believe that Jodi drove through the whole of California and AZ and Nevada with no OTHER police officer seeing the upside down license plate. Now you can't have it both ways, KN. Either police will notice it or they won't. Let's not even mention the fact that she probably removed it locally in Travis' neighborhood so no one would see a car with a CA license plate while she was there.

What did they say? I missed the second half!:banghead:

The Medfords just seem really down to earth. Jacob wished that he had been allowed to testify about how Travis would never abuse a woman and he talked about how he found what Nurmi did so disgusting in terms of maligning Travis. His wife, Holly?, talked about a nightmare that she had that the jury found Jodi not guilty and how she woke up so upset this morning. She realized during the day today that they would have to be as crazy as Jodi to do so and doesn't think that is possible.

Chris talked about how angry he was about the defense going after Travis on abuse and pedophilia. He said in all the years he's known Travis there was absolutely nothing that pointed to either of those things. That it was disgusting that the defense was able to just lie. That Travis was beloved. He talked about Travis helping a homeless man, bringing him home to shower, feeding him, giving him a change of clothes and bringing him to a local restaurant and asking the manager to hire him.

Im convinced the jury will do the right thing with a guilty verdict of 1st degree felony murder.

The only concern I have is during appeals. I truly wonder if Nurmi was purposely going for ineffective counsel. It was beyond ridiculous how awful he was. And even claiming that 9 days out of 10 he doesnt like Jodi either.

His defense was awful and this worries me for appeal based on ineffective counsel.

Hopefully any appeals will be denied.

BBM - not exactly defending Nurmi here but I believe he was making a point of that statement above - even he doesn't like her, but he is still working within the law. The suggestion being the jury should do the same.

On the other hand, if he really meant it as he really doesn't like her 9 out of 10 days with no implied meaning, I think he deserves a hand for letting the jury and the rest of us know how he feels defending this killer.

Haha that just made me think of those mafioso ninjas she was so scared were going to hurt her family b/c she had watched the Sopranos.

:lol:
:rolleyes:

I loved it when she brought up the "Sopranos". :floorlaugh: All these movie references really gotta make you laugh. She really thought she had this all planned out perfectly. NOT!!! I think she watched too many episodes.

I loved the SOPRANO's.

I want to try and say this as respectfully as I can:

This is NOT the CA case. It's over. Nothing I can do about it. It's over. It's almost like "some" have an Alyce type PTSD over that ONE case. :praying:

Since then, thousands upon thousands of cases have been tried and adjudicated in our Great Country.

THIS case is about what Jodi did to Travis. Amen. :truce:
We really don't know what happened in those hundreds and hundreds of cases, do we? We only know of what has happened in cases that have come up in the media. The fact that a jury can let a MOTHER go (as innocent) when she didn't report her daughter missing AT ALL for a month is beyond belief. So we're all left quite sceptical about what the "law" permits.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member