Verdict Watch 05/03/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it you and I that were discussing the tassel from the pillow during closings today? I can't remember. Since we have a few days, I can try to find the conversation with Flores, when Jodi mentioned the pillow w/the tassel on Travis's chair in the bedroom.

If I have the wrong WS member, please ignore me. :floorlaugh:

I'm glad someone mentioned it here, I nearly lost my mind when I saw the close up pic. What the... I could not believe nurmi was trying to pass that off as part of "the rope". His whole argument was insulting, but that caused me shut it off until Juan was back for the rebuttal.

My mom said that can be grounds for an appeal, because she said that your attorney is supposed to be in your corner. Apparently Nurmi left the corner, and LEFT the BUILDING as well.

Not true. Liking a client has nothing to do with defending that same client.

What country does your mother live? Can't be the US to "suppose" that. IMO

My bf just made a great observation that I had never thought of before. And excuse me if someone else here has already mentioned it. He said (and he isn't invested in this case at all, like I am) what if Travis was sitting down in the shower for that last pic and Jodi dropped the camera on purpose to somehow distract him, and when he went to go for it, she stabbed him the first time... He would still be in a lowered position and completely not expecting an attack, but just innocently going to pick up his camera... Obviously we will never really know what happened, and it doesn't even matter to prove premeditated murder, but I thought that it was an interesting insight from someone who isn't as into this trial as a lot of us here are.

Even before the evidence was processed, Travis' friends named her as a suspect. I don't believe the roommates would have been even persons of interest...and they had no motive. JA did. Revenge.

MOO

Agreed and not only that, she tried to insert herself into the investigation very early on - that is a red flag to any detective. JA is not nearly as intelligent as she thinks she is.

ok this is what i do not get AT ALL!! nurmi knows what jodi's testimony was - that she returned it to the same wal mart right after she bought it - and if i was a betting person, i would bet it was jodi's idea to say it was another wal mart - but why would nurmi do this???? he knew it wasn't her testimony - and that he was telling a lie - and if you listen back, he even stutters when he said it - ............. why would he do that!! he still has a career and isn't it illegal or unethical, or could have some kind of repercussions for doing this???? - does he just not care and want the heck out of this trial???

I was flabbergasted by that also, the jury already knows what she testified to, why is he trying to lie to them at such a critical point? That just stunned me.

Evening everyone.
I just came on so not sure if this has been mentioned yet...Jane on HLN said a few moments ago that maybe JA told Travis about all the sex tapes and that is why he sent her the messages about her being the worst thing that ever happened to him. Makes a lot of sense imho.

"...had a great evening with Mr Red, all 3 of my babies with their SOs and my two grandbabies. One who since she thinks she lives here is still here tucked in her bed that she has here. And I am so thankful and so blessed.

Today for me started out crummy, but as things fell into place ,I was reminded that His eye is on the sparrow,"

Beautiful. True. Thank you for the reminder.

P.S.- sorry if I didn't copy the quote correctly...I'm still trying to get the hang of this!

What a week!!! The Big House is calling Jodi's name. I am not convinced that she will get DP mainly because of her age (I do think she deserves it) but I don't think she will ever live a free life. In ten years, people will have forgotten her, she will probably have aged 20 years and her fan base will be long gone. She will be going through the motions to get through the day. She brought this onto herself by slaughtering an innocent person.

My mom just spouts off nonsense at times, that's all. I love her anyway.

All-Creatures-Great-and-S.jpg

OMG Jodi's tweets!!!

I just heard them read on HLN and had to mute again. My nerves are frayed enough from Nurmi's revolting closing today. :furious:

I really hope the jury deliberates fast! I can't wait to see the look on JA's face when she hears GUILTY OF 1ST DEGREE MURDER.

and i noticed Jodi was all smiles when he said he didn't like her 9 out of 10 days..

I don't believe the stranded story ever made it to the jury. Can anyone confirm that? But the stranded story was even stupider because the charger was under the seat. She is an idiot if she was stranded that long and can't look under the seat for the charger for all that time. She also never explains to my memory how she got "Unstranded" or what the problem was with the car.

I believe this story was told before she admitted going to Travis' house.

This is when she starts in about finding the charger, about 37:00 when she talks about the charger and turning it on.

I remember her speaking about sleeping in the car and lying about being stranded but honestly, I've had enough of Nurmi. I tried to find it but every time I stopped, Nurmi was saying, "Weeeeeeeeeeelll, let me ask you this?" and "Ok, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddd ...." and I gave it up. lol

[video=youtube;mP69j5FjTks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP69j5FjTks[/video]

Even before the evidence was processed, Travis' friends named her as a suspect. I don't believe the roommates would have been even persons of interest...and they had no motive. JA did. Revenge.

MOO
In the first phone call to 911, her name was mentioned as a suspect. Mimi was spot on.

JA even tried to point the finger at one of the roommates. :furious:

That was so shady of her. Bobbi moves to another state to escape her, and then she comes to visit him and begins sleeping with his roommate. That is just
bizarre and creepy. Who does that?

Someone who is trying to provoke a jealous response. But it appears that Bobby didn't care so she just stayed on with Matt. Lucky for Bobby she was okay with that trade off and she wasn't obsessed with him. I guess she figured Matt had more to offer. It seems like Bobby's been trying to avoid all things Jodi for a very long time. If he is the same guy who is trying to break into acting, you'd think he'd want to be front and centre in the media over all this. Obviously he's a smart guy who knows that anyone associated with JA in any way is going to be dragged down. The instant fame is likely not worth it to him. I do wonder if he sold those pics to HLN though.

MOO

Juan certainly did not hold back. He reminded me of bull let out out it's cage ready to charge! :rocker:

images

Re-watching JM's first closing argument. The part where Juan says she sounded like a screetching cat or something like that has me :floorlaugh: so much. He has no love lost for her...or ALV for that matter.

I'll tell you why she told Ryan she was going to be there in 12 hours when she knew she would be late - because she was winging that part. She's done that before in her life, I'm certain because impulsive liars do that. She figured she'd think of something and she did. She said she got lost. It's not hard to figure out.

Exactly. This notion that, since there were smarter ways to do things, she must not have done it doesn't work for me.

It doesn't matter to me that it would have been quicker/smarter to shoot him in the head while he was asleep or had his back turned.
It doesn't matter to me that it would have been smarter to make up this that or the other lie, then tell the lies that she told.
It doesn't matter to me if it would have been smarter to take the memory card and/or camera vs dumping it in the washer - because, really, we don't know if she even dumped it in there on purpose.
It doesn't matter to me that she chose to stab him first, versus shoot him first. (The order she slaughtered him doesn't matter to me either)
It doesn't matter to me that it took hours for her to kill him.

Just because she thinks she's Einstein-smart, it doesn't mean that she is Einstein-smart. In fact, we all know that she isn't anywhere near that. Einstein came up with the theory of relativity. Jodi Arias couldn't even successfully execute a pre-planned murder. There is no comparison.

What matters to me is what she did prior/during the trip. Not that she wasn't smart enough to execute it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX