Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if asked and answered. After verdict is reached, will the penalty phase start immediately, like next day?

Yes-most of the time it does start immediately..

But the thing is...after they read the verdict,we still will not be able to know how they reached their verdict until after the Penalty Phase.

C'mon already. This is driving me nuts. How the bleep did JSS get to add a lesser charge than 2nd degree. I think this heat of passion BS could be something one juror could be kicking around?? IDK. I'm just a wreck. :scared::panic:
If one juror is kicking around manslaughter/heat of passion, then I hope the 11 others ask him or her why they sat through four months of testimony where Jodi claimed killed Travis in self defense because she was a victim of abuse? When Nurmi said "if she's guilty of anything, it's manslaughter," he essentially said: "We know you don't believe Jodi killed Travis in self defense, how about this?" She killed Travis "three times over" with passion and rage, but it was clearly intentional and premeditated.

OMG, caller on HLN saying because we don't know to whom the gun was registered means no premeditation. :banghead:

Questions:
1. Does the bailiff carry the verdict, or just verbal message to the judge to let her know they've reached a verdict.

2. Does the jury stay in the jury room until court reconvenes?

3. Who gets notified next, after the judge, and how?

4. How is this information given to the media.

They may have a verdict already but are processing their feelings and thoughts about the trial with each other.

I believe they'll take awhile so that they can't be accused of a "rush to judgement." Don't forget, they've been shown to be a thoughtful and intelligent jury. They WILL come back with the correct verdict -- but will want people to know they deliberated and weighed the evidence.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/01/jodi-arias-trial-verdict-vinnie-politan-twitter
HLNTV.com

When the verdict is in, be the first to know!

•Vinnie Politan will tweet the verdict in the Jodi Arias trial as soon as it's reached

Follow Vinnie Politan on Twitter (you do not have to be a Twitter member)

https://twitter.com/VinniePolitan
Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 47m

The #JodiJury is deliberating #JodiArias fate. We are on a #VerdictWatch !

Follow me @vinniepolitan and I will tweet moment verdict reached.

My mother said to me today that maybe Jodi "forgot" stuff.

I nearly chewed her out. Just like "Ginny" on HLN, my mom is looking for holes and proof. Argh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not positive, but I think at some point during this trial there must have been a reference to KN's hair. The sexual orientation, I think, is in reference to ALV and her sexual orientation, but not sure on why KN chose to say it.

I really think his opening statement with the above, as well as Snow White and Seven Dwarfs was so juvenile and redundant.

imo

I thought it was another opportunity to smear Travis, as in Travis is a Pedo and insinuating her was Gay...? Maybe I missed what KN meant?

IIRC he was getting a dig in at the juror questions that were not asked. I think a couple of questions were snarky in regards to the above, and they were rejected. He knew which jurors asked them and I think it might have been one of the ones that was dismissed. Or two.

He was referring to the juror question about if a bad haircut could cause PTSD.

I'm trying to decide if I should watch "General Hospital". And I hope there's a verdict before my Grandaughter gets here or there's going to be a battle between HLN and "Good Luck Charlie, she'll win:banghead:

I have had to sit through so many hours of that show. At least it keeps them busy!

Ham is in the oven and potatoes are peeled!

Wow, good job! I had to go into work to get a few things done and MAN, I have never worked so quickly in my life! I just kept thinking.... this text alert better not go off while I am here! (I have a doctor appointment later this afternoon, maybe this will be over by then?)

exactly what im wondering. it seems like such a slam dunk case. no gray area. pure black and white, leaning more on the black ;)

i would think it is whether or not she deserves to die....that maybe someone is against the death penalty. however, aren't they asked that question when being chosen....if someone is absolutely against the DP, they would not have been chosen, right?

they're not even supposed to be considering punishment at this point, though. so i doubt that's it. JUST COME BACK ALREADY!!!!!!!

Must have missed it. Why did Nurmi reference a bad haircut?

Okay, that's IT! I'm against the Death Penalty but THIS IS so freaking unbelievable that I wish we could KILL HER 3 TIMES. God I Hate Her!!!

I think the only reputation she ruined is her own (and she did that a long time ago), her family, her siblings, and everyone associated with "it". You can't ruin a deceased persons reputation - because his friends know his true being. It just made her look like a very very <unusual person>.

Please jury - get it right!!!

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads