Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a prime example of why I feel she should get DP. I've always been staunchly anti-DP but in this case death truly is appropriate, necessary and deserved.
She is like a slithering snake that never stops, it's unreal.

Is it just me or did Jodi Arias case get less media attention than CA?

I think you're right, this case did not get the media that CA trial got BUT the Alexander family is not a circus sideshow. Caylee's whole family was crazy and constantly putting themselves in the media spotlight. It was truly the gorey accident that no one could look away from. No one in that family was grieving the poor three-year-old. Travis' family has honored him in the most respectful and dignified way.

I think that sounds about right. Originally, I thought about 2 days, but for some reason I have been leaning more toward very late today.

I'm just having problems thinking about what is it that they can discuss? Abuse...lie. Gas cans...lie. Pedo...lie. Camera dropping...lie. Jodi's version of killing...lie. It's like, they got nothing to work with here.

My guess would be a lot. Isn't Long Beach where she comes from? :waitasec:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was ALV's idea.

:puke:

Just picking up on this again.

JA is indisputably manipulative. Evil. Narcissistic. ASPD.

For her to say proceeds are going to ALV's shelter is JA linking her name to ALV forever.

Does anyone think that would help ALV's career (what's left of it anyway LOL)?

:puke: She makes me ill!

Jodi Arias verdict: Jodi Arias designs T-shirts to raise money for victims of domestic violence

Posted: 05/05/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours and 57 minutes ago

•By: Navideh Forghani

PHOENIX - Jurors in the Jodi Arias trial will continue their deliberations on Monday morning, but in the meantime, Arias is busy raising money for a special cause.

The accused killer is doing it through Twitter, from behind bars.

It’s a project Arias hinted about last week and while she didn’t unveil what she was working on from behind bars, we know she’s selling T-shirts to raise money for domestic violence victims.

You can buy them in black or white and they have the word “Survivor” written on the front.

The shirts will benefit the Long Beach Women’s Shelter and Reach Beyond Domestic Violence.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...or-victims-of-domestic-violence#ixzz2SWCEIgCX

What an innovative design. :rolleyes: Long Beach. Who is from Long Beach?? I believe that would be Alyce Laviolette. Nope. I'm all for helping victims of violence, but I'm not sure anyone supported by ole Alyce is an actual victim. She lies, you know.

Yesterday I prepared as if for a siege. Cooked up a pound of hamburger, a package of Italian sausage, a bunch of chicken parts; prepped veggies for salad. So while we're on Verdict Watch, I can throw a decent dinner together in a nanosecond, if need be! I owe my hubby wholesome meals this week. :) Good thing he's into this trial, too!

(P.S. When I pulled out the drawer beneath the oven, there was a rat snake curled up there! Two days ago there was a mouse in my bedroom! I feel like I'm living in a hellish version of Animal Planet. :( Apparently, the mouse skittered in through an entry hole behind the oven and the snake followed in hot pursuit. Anyway, managed to trap and remove both critters, found the entry hole and plugged it up. DRAMA!)

Good Mornin' :wave:

I think I'll have this for breakfast...with a heaping helping of Guilty of 1st degree murder for JA and the death sentence!

As one who followed this trial from start to finish I conclude the overwhelming evidence supports 1st degree murder. I cannot imagine how any thoughtful intelligent observer would reason otherwise. The trial lasted far too long gratis the defense team. A great deal of the defense expert testimony is bilge and not very useful in judging the central question of intentional murder or heat of passion murder.

While I think it is appropriate for a jury to reason its way to a guilty verdict inside 4-6 hours I simply do NOT think this jury will do so.

I think the jury will probably formally and systematically review the defense testimony coupled with all the forensic evidence and witness testimony. This review process will occupy at least 1-2 days.
Hence I do not anticipate a verdict announcement until at earliest Wednesday.

Also I would reason that if the jury goes beyond Thursday in releasing a verdict this would be an ominous sign that there might be a hung jury or there is a problematic dispute between 1st and 2nd degree murder. If verdict watchers are still in limbo by late Thursday or Friday we all can start to worry.

It seems this has been a very attentive jury with proclivity to copious note taking. Therefore there will be little need to go over prior evidence - presented in January and February- in great detail in order to refresh memory. Hence this jury should not need a lot of time to sift over 600 plus exhibits and thousands of pages of testimony.

I haven't spoken my concerns out loud as I do not want to give them any merit, but I'm having worries that this poor Alexander family will be so devastated if this Jury doesn't come back with anything BUT the Death Penalty Verdict and I couldn't bear the thought of them having to suffer anymore than they already have. The thought of this Jury failing to give this woman the DP makes me nauseous as I know the Defense and JA would GLOAT and celebrate if she didn't get the DP. After the complete failings of the CA Jury, and knowing that IF this Jury finds Guilty of Premed Felony 1st Degree Murder, this trial isn't over yet and I worry this Jury is fatigued enough by the Defense they would find for a lesser offense just to get out of there like the CA jury did. My heart is HEAVY with worry and I just have to let that worry go and give it up to the Universe, maybe if I release it it will evaporate into into nothingness. I am holding on to the light of truth for the Alexander's and for Travis! Today will bring JUSTICE!!!

I feel for you- I have the same concerns and have slept poorly all weekend. I hope we are the worry warts of the group- there always has to be a few I guess. lol. I just released some stress on a toilet with a brush and some cleaner, all the while praying this will be a good week and I am just a crazy negative person. So here I am looking for positive, funny vibes from all you wonderful peeps!:seeya::please::seeya:

What an innovative design. :rolleyes: Long Beach. Who is from Long Beach?? I believe that would be Alyce Laviolette. Nope. I'm all for helping victims of violence, but I'm not sure anyone supported by ole Alyce is an actual victim. She lies, you know.
Someone should forward the interview Chris Hughes gave last nite to this facility.

I don't have any blue shirts to wear today, but I am wearing my sapphire pendant so I have something BLUE to wear for TRAVIS close to my heart!!

Praying for a guilty verdict today!

Pardon me if this is out of line in any way but it's been on my mind for a while and so I have to speak up about it. I really don't understand all these continued comparisons to the CA trial and it feels like it appears every day in these threads.

There's nothing the same is there? JA has admitted killing Travis, JA took the stand, there's a lot of compelling evidence, the trial is in a different state, different DAs and judge, JM is amazing, the jury asked JA a load of questions and JM is amazing.

I've no doubt that all you who followed the CA case were heartbroken and having seen how much energy so many WSers invest in the cases so perhaps that is what is the same, you have my sympathy but will getting justice for Travis make you all feel better about the CA case? As a virgin WSer the closest I can even imagine hypothetically is an xpartner lying/cheating etc and then not moving on in a new relationship. Fortunately that's not happened to me.

Perhaps for those that listened to Chris Hughes last night, think about what he said about forgiveness. Do it for yourselves, not least to relieve some of the anxiety some of you seem to be going through.

I truly hope this message comes out the right way. I think you are all great people. I just want the best for you!

Gauntlet, really liked your post. It is my deeply held belief that the comparisons come from a place of real PTSD (not kidding). This nation was and is collectively traumatized by the verdict in the CA case and likely still grieves the loss of this helpless little girl, as well as the loss of their faith in the justice system . It is my opinion that many people have been triggered by this case and the similarity is this; another innocent victim at the hands of a cold and calculating woman who deceives shamelessly to spare her own neck. Honestly, the feelings of fear/anxiety, helplessness and horror at the prospect of the justice system failing another innocent victim is understandable and expected. I deeply believe the outcome of this trial is important for so many reasons; e.g., restoration of faith in the justice system, justice for a victim that was trusting yet brutally killed, and the inequality of justice based on gender.

In my eyes you are so right about forgiveness, it is not a gift to the one being forgiven it is healing and peace for the one forgiving. JMO but I believe that forgiveness is in many, many people's heart but that process is not likely to begin until people know what punishment JA will receive.

I'm just having problems thinking about what is it that they can discuss? Abuse...lie. Gas cans...lie. Pedo...lie. Camera dropping...lie. Jodi's version of killing...lie. It's like, they got nothing to work with here.

This is an important point. Despite the length of the trial, the case itself is relatively simple, and there really is not that much evidence that the jurors might want to consider. It seems like it is more complex than it is, simply because the DT dragged out all of their witness testimony forever, but they actually provided very little pertinent testimony.

'Morning Softail.

As much as I dislike ALV and believe her to be a liar who committed perjury, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew nothing about JA's so-called T-shirt thing.

As JM would say, it's not HER fault, dontcha know? :floorlaugh:

It's too easy to think ALV has a hand in this and by doing so JA is off the hook for another of her despicable actions.

I saw a tweet earlier today between Jon Leiberman and someone saying that JA was doing the T-shirts for LaViolette's women's shelter in Long Beach.

There better not be any migraine delay! I hope the HJSS would finally put her foot down and haul her hind end in anyways..
Let's get a verdict today!!

Winyan ‏@WinyanWakiksuya 13h @AlyceLaViolette Just learned your DV group is getting money from Arias's fundraising project. No wonders you would say whatever she wanted.Details Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted Delete Favorite Favorited More Embed Tweet

Alyce LaViolette ‏@AlyceLaViolette 11h @WinyanWakiksuya not true.

That's from ALV's twitter page.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame ALV for JA's most recent outrage, although that's easier said than done because IMO ALV was a hired gun who lied on the stand.

I still think JA is behind that T-shirt issue herself. Anything to get attention. Anything to destroy others.

I think that sounds about right. Originally, I thought about 2 days, but for some reason I have been leaning more toward very late today.

When I was on a jury (civil) we picked our foreman, went over the instructions and the foreman asked if there were any questions. We went around the room and discussed certain highlights of the case that we thought were significant (because this was just civil). One juror had a question and we submitted it to the bailiff. We were told to wait 1/2 hour and then were called back into court where the judge read the question. Once the question was answered we returned to deliberate. The foreman then went around the room and asked if we had any more questions and if we were ready to vote. We were all in agreement which we pretty much knew from the first round of discussions that we were ready to vote. This may have taken us about 4 or 5 hours total.

I would think the majority of this jury might have discussions about whether it is Felony Murder or Premeditation and at this point they do not have to agree, only to Murder 1. There may be one or two holdouts for 2nd degree but I doubt they are married to it. Acquittal was not asked for by defense. They only asked the jury to find her guilty of manslaughter.

These jurors have not been able to discuss this case together. Aside from that some of them have bonded so they may want to discuss some aspects of the case. But a couple of those jurors are real smart cookies and have really paid attention to details so let's have confidence in them to do the right thing.

I haven't spoken my concerns out loud as I do not want to give them any merit, but I'm having worries that this poor Alexander family will be so devastated if this Jury doesn't come back with anything BUT the Death Penalty Verdict and I couldn't bear the thought of them having to suffer anymore than they already have. The thought of this Jury failing to give this woman the DP makes me nauseous as I know the Defense and JA would GLOAT and celebrate if she didn't get the DP. After the complete failings of the CA Jury, and knowing that IF this Jury finds Guilty of Premed Felony 1st Degree Murder, this trial isn't over yet and I worry this Jury is fatigued enough by the Defense they would find for a lesser offense just to get out of there like the CA jury did. My heart is HEAVY with worry and I just have to let that worry go and give it up to the Universe, maybe if I release it it will evaporate into into nothingness. I am holding on to the light of truth for the Alexander's and for Travis! Today will bring JUSTICE!!!

IMO, the jury in the Anthony trial just truly had no clue about Circumstantial Evidence. I think in Travis case - circumstantial evidence was expounded upon by the Judge, by the Prosecutor, and in jury instructions so much so that the jurors will have no problem in using their common sense to see that the evidence is overwhelming. I'm secure also in the fact that the majority of the jurors are what I would refer to as seniors -- I also think they probably will be more mature in their thinking. I feel certain that Arias will receive a just verdict in this case.

I think she got something from MM during their brief time together on 6-2. She testified that she met MM and his "friend" at a bar that evening and ended up spending the night on the floor in the bedroom shared by MM and his friend in the friend's parents house. That whole scenario is hard to believe other than JA wanting something from him. Then she arrived at DB's the next morning at 7 a.m. and stayed no more than 30 min.? There's no innocent explanation for that hurried in-and-out. She was on a mission.

I would not be surprised if she had a three-some with MM and his friend that night. Not surprised at all. I wish these guys MM and DB would just give up on her...geez...were they so desperate and enraptured by her you-know-what that they are still thinking about it to this day?? Give it up guys, just makes you seem like LOSERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3