Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to call in sick today so bad. I cant. I wont. I shouldn't. I think i will tomorrow tho if no verdict today. Only working today and tomorrow this week. Now i just have to think of a good excuse. Does that make me a liar? :blushing:

You have a pass just this once, blame it on that oppressive fog.

From what I gathered from listening to Chris, things were about to get even uglier between Travis and Jodi. I know that no one knows what prompted TA's angry text to her on 5/26, but Jodi referenced at one point talking to her attorney (which we all know she did not have, what was she retaining an attorney with? she had no money).

I am convinced more than ever that the only thing she had over Travis was the phone call and the pictures/videos of them together and she was threatening to release them, and perhaps his stolen journal contents. She was going to go full on blackmail mode on him - if for nothing else than to ruin his life. He probably threatened her with legal action if she went through with it, and that's why she said she was going to talk to her attorney.

Travis told her he was going to expose her for what she was, maybe he indicated he was going to the police, we'll never know. Whatever it was, she did not want him alive to be able to carry it out.

You know I don't cry easy! But to the pain this family has gone through and their heartbreak, tears their respect and behaviour in court! Touched deeply within my heart and I have cried as if I knew them personally or as if they were family. I am so touched by them. I pray justice will come and their request validated.
Justice for travis

This makes me sick. Why wasn't that part of the email included in the trial?? It seems the State's hands were consistently tied throughout this trial. Give me a break! And still no verdict? This is so simple, we all know she killed him. It's a question of believing whether or not she was abused and acted in self defense. I certainly hope they threw the manslaughter provocation out...ugh.

My TV died a couple of days ago, and my house is too quiet. I decided to check Travis's MySpace to see what kind of music he liked, so I could play something he enjoyed while we wait for the verdict. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he and I have very similar taste in music... I have almost every artist he lists on my iPod. Listening to Jack Johnson now. :)

(Every time I look at T's MySpace, it bugs me that Jodi is still his "top friend". Ick.)

None of the DT's theories add up to a hill of beans. Even without the premeditation evidence, as Juan so aptly put it, "she chased him down". Since when does someone chase someone down to kill them in self defense. :banghead:

And she didn't just "snap" either, making it a "crime of passion". A "snap" doesn't go on for 29 stab wounds. Followed by her chasing him down. Followed by her stopping, and bending down, pulling back his head, then slashing his throat. Followed by her dragging him to the shower and shooting him. All of these were deliberate actions requiring some serious forethought and a tremendous amount of effort. Making the DT theories aka lies, so beyond absurd. And for me, Juan brought it home when he repeatedly re enforced that "she chased him down". That's it in a nutshell, making it so obviously first degree murder, and with premeditation. Please, jury, please be able to see. JMO

In addition to everything mentioned above, to beleive it was a crime of passion they would also have to believe her "sudden quarrel" story which was just not believable given the time frame shown from the pictures. They would also have to believe the rest of her abuse stories.

I want to call in sick today so bad. I cant. I wont. I shouldn't. I think i will tomorrow tho if no verdict today. Only working today and tomorrow this week. Now i just have to think of a good excuse. Does that make me a liar? :blushing:
Not if it's only a little white lie ;)
:floorlaugh:
Time to start stress-eating junk food.
I'm going to start with pepperoni pizza and pringles.
Next: Blue Bunny Chunky Chocolate Chip.
Followed by: Cajun trail mix mixed with frozen M&M's
Really!
I've had breakfast burritos, pizza, potato chips.... I am about to go out for chocolate.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

Out front of courthouse now. Nothing noteworthy to write about. #JodiArias
O.M.G. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sequestered juries worked out really well for OJ and CA.
I can see the pros and cons of sequestration, however in a lengthy trial like this, it's probably better that the jurors can have some degree of normalcy in their lives; weekends to regroup, etc.

One more very interesting thing that Chris Hughes said: (on True Criime Radio)
He said after the May 26 texts b/w Jodi and Travis, she sent Travis an e-mail which said (paraphrasing): I did not do two things that you said I did...I did not slash your tires and I did not steal your journals. And what Chris said is that she was already planning the murder at this point, and so she sent this e-mail to put in record that she did not do these AGRESSIVE things to Travis.t.

The detail from CH that JA spoke of calling an atty during the May 26 texts is totally interesting. I guess I ultimately don't believe she brought up the sex tape. I don't because if she had done so I just cannot imagine he would let her take naked photos of himself, even with his own camera. Way too raw a topic, no matter what she could have said to him.

I think her explicitly denying the tire slashing and journal theft, in writing, just after the texts, suggests that his threat to make those things public scared her and she was threatening him with legal action for libel/slander if he followed through.

I think the Hughes' couldn't find the one great big thing that set him off on May 26 because there wasn't any one single one. She could have done that one more stalking thing that totally tipped the scale for him, that made his blinders fall off, and the tide of realizations of all she had done to him hit him all at once.

"Nancy Grace - Behind Bars" show.

Sounds like an oxymoron. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're bored, waiting, and babbling, I will say that my house has never been cleaner. In trying to work out my nervous energy over the weekend, I have successfully made up for the lack of cleaning in the past four months. I'm so proud of myself! :D

It's just so OBVIOUS to me that this was a premeditated first degree murder that I can't even imagine the deliberations going on for more than an hour or so. If we don't get a verdict today, I will be convinced that we aren't going to get murder 1. It's just SO obvious to me. Seriously, what DOES it take to convince a jury? If there isn't enough evidence in this case, I don't see how any prosecutor can ever get a conviction?????

While I HOPE we will have a verdict today, just because deliberations take longer doesn't guarantee a verdict of less than Murder 1. The SP jury took days to deliberate. Granted, there was more circumstantial evidence there but even still, I'd rather have a jury take longer and deliver a verdict of Murder 1 rather than take 10 hours and deliver a Not Guilty verdict. *shudder* The waiting is killing me, my stomach hurts, my hands are shaky, I can't even begin to imagine how the Alexander family feels. As nervous as we are, as nervous as the murderer may be, the Alexander family must be on pins and needles. I'm sending out many prayers today

It's just so OBVIOUS to me that this was a premeditated first degree murder that I can't even imagine the deliberations going on for more than an hour or so. If we don't get a verdict today, I will be convinced that we aren't going to get murder 1. It's just SO obvious to me. Seriously, what DOES it take to convince a jury? If there isn't enough evidence in this case, I don't see how any prosecutor can ever get a conviction?????

MTE!
They should've been done already. I think there are one or two who aren't convinced yet. They better get with the program soon.

Now, I REALLY hope there is a verdict today so Trump gets booted. Can't stand that guy! :puke:
So totally agree. What advise could he possibly give the defendant? :jail:

At the risk of ticking many people off here, I have to say I may be the only WSer who likes D Trump. He doesn't tolerate bull c**p from anyone, and I'm sure his advice to JA will be something along the lines of: "JA should go find a cave somewhere, stock it with hair dye and toblerones, and never show her sour face in public ever once again. You will be long forgotten by the public after the verdict, so why not go to that cave CA is dwelling in an tell her to scoot over, she'll be your new BFF."
No tomato throwing, please... jmo

I really believe we will have a verdict by the end of business today, I can't see what there could possibly be to discuss or to negotiate in that jury room, Juan Martinez laid out the FACTS and there should be NO question of this. That jury either believes Jodi or they don't that is the BOTTOM LINE. This Jury has to be fatigued and even though we want them to do right by the Alexanders, that jury has their OWN AGENDA. That may be to get this trial done as soon as possible so they can resume their normal lives. I worry about that resulting in a lesser charge to get this trial done, I worry because I have lost trust in people to do the right thing before doing what their own selfish wants are. I just do not trust people anymore. I hope I am wrong and this jury will do what is right NO MATTER how long that may take them. I really do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli