verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do get married there will come a time you cant sleep well unless you know your partner is lying right beside you. My hubby is a very early riser (4am) but he is so mindful that I am sleeping and he is very quiet and lets me sleep as long as I want to (6 or 7 am)

I think happy marriages consist of really liking the person they are married to and learn to understand that everything is not a battle that needs winning or fighting. Don't expect perfection unless you are willing to be perfect yourself. Be willing to compromise and be understanding. Show them that you love them and they will show you love in return. Always respect and honor them. Be their best friend who they can trust with their life and finances. Remember they are the partner you will have holding your hand when you leave this earth. There to support your achievements and supports you in time of need. Always remember why you fell in love with them and never try to change what drew you to them in the first place.
Just some of the things I think makes a happy marriage.

I totally agree with all of this. I was married the first time for 17 yrs, it only lasted that long cause he was never home and I got to make all the decisions, raise the kids, pay the bills and do everything how I wanted to. After a while I realized I didn't need to be married to do all that, plus I didn't respect him any longer. I am however happily remarried and it has been 12 yrs now. No name calling, no physical violence, mutual respect, a helper in anything I want to do, we have a lot of common interests, love to spend time together, love to joke and laugh and cook and work. I never knew I could be so happy and I don't have to worry if I gain a few pounds I'm not told how fat I am.

Is it true that if come dressed up to the nine's, they can do media interviews?

I'd think they'd have to wait until the sentencing phase, no?

My personal opinion is that them dressing casual is a good thing. If they come in their Sunday best, I'd be afraid that they've decided on something less than M1.

I just saw on HLN (why, oh why do I even watch that network) that the judge from the Anna Nicole Smith trial said that he thinks juror 16 is the holdout. Yeah, like he really knows. :facepalm: Anyway, if one of the jurors is holding out for something less than M1, I hope one of the other jurors asks this person "Would you feel comfortable with JA dating your son when she gets out of prison?"

Before everything starts off I just wanted to ask a few questions re HLN .

Is this Programme on all the time or is it just more frequent when there is a trial worth reporting?
Ive been watching it from the Uk and surprised at how dramatic everything is. Even the way they talk.

I had to switch off well because nothing was happening lol

I'm jumping off your post:

Yes, but the question some may have is why didn't she just delete them all? And why did she run it through the washer? Why didn't she just take it with her?

:panic:

Why? Because Jodi Ann Arias' plan to murder plan backfired on her and she panicked. There was no FOG, she panicked, that's all. imo

Let me clear that fog for you Colt....
Detective Melendez testified the unclothed, shower and photos taken during the murder were all deleted.
There were approximately 90 photos on the card that had not been deleted.

The judge from Anna Nicole's trial on HLN said he read Juan's closing a "few times" and it was "all over the place" and also he thinks jury could be hung up on this part in the jury instructions: (paraphrasing) if they are unsure as to which it is b/w 1st degree, 2nd degree, crime of passion, they have to go with the lowest one. Jean C is agreeing with him.

I just do not see how this jury can go to anything except 1st degree. Per the jury instructions, there's no way they can go to anything else. For example, let's say they think the first shot (assuming they think gunshot first) is from "heat of passion," well then between the gunshot and the stab to the vena cavae is PREMEDITATION, and then from the stab to the vena cavae to the slitting of the throat is AGAIN PREMEDITATION. I thought Juan made this very clear. But then again, like the judge said, maybe they are confused with the part that says they have to go with the lowest charge.

I just don't see the point of these "alternate theories." In this case, they had the defendant herself TELL THEM HERSELF WHAT SUPPOSEDLY HAPPENED. There wree only two people in that bathroom, Jodi and Travis. So I do not see why heat of passion would even come in...her version was self-defense. Why would they think that she said self-defense and gave them a first-hand account of self-defense, but yet they don't take her story and believe some other made-up story?? I don't get this. This case is so simple. They heard Jodi's story. It's obviously false. Any other alternative which doesn't involve premeditation would mean they are not believing the state's story, OR Jodi's story, but instead some third version of what happened. So then the question becomes: Ok, the State wasn't there in the bathroom that night, so yes they could be wrong. But Jodi was. If something else (other than what State is accusing her of) happened, why would she lie about it and make up another story??

turn off the tv now :floorlaugh:

these people are paid to say things like that,and i very much dislike Jean

And is there a reason why Jodi didn't try and kill all her other boyfriends? Why just Travis?

I've never understood that.

Maybe this is rude and judgemental of me, but those guys didn't offer JA what Travis did. BJ was a bit of a loser, and DB had some baggage imho. Travis was young and shiny and upwardly mobile, and the sky was the limit with him.

So in a sense Travis denied her what she felt entitled to and the others didn't bring nearly as much as he did to the table. So he refused to do what she insisted he do and she killed him for it.

Does anybody know why Jodi never tried to kill all her other boyfriends and why she only zeroed in on Travis?

I believe it's because Travis had the good life. The other boyfriends didn't have money and what she saw as her way out of the miserable life she was leading. Travis had it all. He had loving friends and a great family. He had a well-paying job. He had a beautiful home. He had his health and personality. He was loved by everyone. She wanted to be a part of that life.

If all goes the way it should she won't ever have a chance at any kind of life except death row or life without parole.

Does anybody know why Jodi never tried to kill all her other boyfriends and why she only zeroed in on Travis?

IMO, because he called her out as a sociopath. He finally saw her for who she really was, and made mention in a text of telling people something damning about her. He was "dangerous" to her in that way.

(good morning everyone :seeya:)

Moo
The others DIDNT have much going for them.Travis had a house new at that he had a BMW and he was going place. The others DIDNT have much of a future. Did not Casey say darryl was a drunk and smoked alot?

Jodi was only as faithful as her OPTIONS. When she found a better OPTION, she abandon the last one.

She saw these men in terms of what they could do for her, nothing else....

IMO

Since I am glued to the Benghazi Hearing going on today....I am pretty sure there will be a verdict at some point during the day. Sort of like when you wash your car or water your lawn then all of a sudden a pouring rain pops up!

JMO: the others never figured out her game (maybe something to do with their IQ test results?), Travis did. And when she threatened him with exposure (with phone sex recording, IMO), he called her on it and threatened her with exposure. The other boyfriends either didn't figure her out for the scam she was OR submitted to her blackmail (think DB, again MOO).

I wondered too and IMO i think since she elected to dump her previous beau of 4 years, she put all her eggs in the new basket. So when TA was trying to break up with her, she kept thinking back to how she dumped a perfectly fine gentleman for this and she could not accept going back to live with Gram again.

Her own choices led her down a path of being pizzed off to the max.

Does anyone remember how Jodi testified to how she was able to record the May 10th tape? It seems she said someone put something on her phone so she could do that. I have looked and looked.
Also, does this coincide with her voice mail being "full"?
TIA
She recorded the call using an option from the built-in function available via the phone's Menu. I copied the following paragraph from a User Manual for the Helio Ocean phone. Not sure if this is the exact model that she used, but it fits her testimony that she kept having to press the record button throughout the call--and why she needed "two hands." ;)

RECORD CALL Records the conversation for up to three minutes during a call. DO NOT record any calls unless you have informed all the parties inthe call that you are recording the conversation. Not informing allthe parties that a call is being recorded may be illegal.

Before everything starts off I just wanted to ask a few questions re HLN .

Is this Programme on all the time or is it just more frequent when there is a trial worth reporting?
Ive been watching it from the Uk and surprised at how dramatic everything is. Even the way they talk.

I had to switch off well because nothing was happening lol

its on all the time,that just the way they are :facepalm:

Eighteen years for the man and I - but we've been together longer. My advice for a long marriage - be willing to forgive each other for the stupid things you may say to one another. Be one with your raising of a child or children. And for heaven's sake, have a sense of HUMOR! I think being able to laugh together at the absurdities of life together is so important!

Oh, and yes...let him watch the drag racing.

I'm up to about half up on my Patience Meter today. Maybe a brownie or two will put into higher gear!

BBM, better yet, enjoy it with him. He watches UK with me but hates Basketball. I watch Nascar with him & I fell in love with it. I loveee sports! :seeya:

Now..if I could only get him to watch the Lakers. :(

all excellent issues. one of the issues i wish Juan had addressed is the question that keeps coming up by the THs: if she wanted to kill him why didn't she just shoot him right away when she got there.

Good question.

Many observers have weighed in on this seeming puzzle.

*JA was up for over 36 hours and had driven all night in order to get to Mesa after departing Pasadena at around 9PM. Hence she needed to sleep!!! She could not have shot him upon arrival then slept nor could she have decamped immediately after being awake so long.
* Need for sleep takes her to 12Noon or 1 PM. Now she needs to sort out the lay of the land. Who was in the house? When would roommates be back in the house? Was there any activity outside the house?
* A gunshot makes a lot of noise that could be heard.
*It is likely JA had her weapons concealed in the purse or backpack.
* She needed TA in vulnerable position AND she needed access to the weapons.
*The idea of a clean kill in the shower is a good one. In this position she could clean him and her up at the same time. A murder in TA bed or bedroom would have been messy and bloody.
*JA planned for a quick clean kill. The fact that TA did not die quickly wrecked her initial plans and caused complications.
*It is possible that JA dressed and then declared she was leaving in order to drive back home or to SLC. Then she performed her JA Act – reentered the bedroom dressed but this time armed.
*The Calvin Klein shower photo set was a pretty good ruse to maneuver TA into a vulnerable position.
*It is a persistent mystery why she did not put a bullet squarely between his eyes or through the temple to kill him instantly.
*JA wanted the up close and personal murder. Knife him to death while watching him squirm in pain.
* The window of opportunity for JA presented itself between 1PM and 6PM. It is possible as many observers speculate that JA had allowed for TA change of heart hence she had a Plan A or Plan B in mind. The 1PM to 4PM sex and negotiations turned out poorly for JA.
* JA needed 2 primary things to execute this crime 1) lethal weapons in place 2) TA in a vulnerable clean kill position. Those 2 elements came together around 5PM on June 4, 2008.

is the jury coming in late today? seems like they adjusted themselves to the judges schedule! why isnt the clock ticking yet

I think she saw him as a permanent way out of her transient, meaningless lifestyle. She did not accept him rejecting her, it infuriated and humiliated her, and mad little Jodi has to punish people who wrong her imo.

I think Jodi saw Travis as the perfect man, perfect in every way as he was certainly handsome, he had a good personality, he was financially independent and an up and coming somebody. Lots of potential with him, being also a good mormon she surmised he would be a good father..good husband etc. He was the best Jodi would ever get and she knew it. This is why she could not let him go. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV