VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Texan by birth, then kidnapped by Parents and brought North. I don't know if a tantrum would have helped since I was a tike.. :)
Lol that made me chuckle. I was conceived in Corpus Christi. My dad was in the Navy. My parents went to his home Baltimore Maryland where my twin and I were born then onto my Mom's home Chicago suburbs. Someday I want to go to Texas. I was only ever to Dallas airport on a layover. Love hearing everyone's stories about their roots in Texas. My niece is in Houston and a cousin in, what is the island on the east coast of Texas? Having a senior moment:(

Dear God, I just received news that one of our employees' parents were murdered last night in Missouri. Please pray for her.

Lol that made me chuckle. I was conceived in Corpus Christi. My dad was in the Navy. My parents went to his home Baltimore Maryland where my twin and I were born then onto my Mom's home Chicago suburbs. Someday I want to go to Texas. I was only ever to Dallas airport on a layover. Love hearing everyone's stories about their roots in Texas. My niece is in Houston and a cousin in, what is the island on the east coast of Texas? Having a senior moment:(

Galveston

JA/CA and my sister could be triplets in their makeup. I kid you not! I see things my sister does that is so spot on like the other two murderers. It's scary. They need the best, the biggest, the most of everything and you know they are all lies. Best jobs, so in love with this man one week and a different one next week...

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

After reading this about the tole this jury is experiencing after coming to a decision I totally
Understand what JA's jury may be going through. The last part where the expression
Of the defendant after the verdict was read sealed the accuracy of the final decision in their minds.

It's interesting that the jury didn't look at or consider the list of mitigators until the 3rd day of their 4 day deliberations, and did so then only because they weren't unanimous.

My sister lies like that, but somewhere in that lie is a very small amount of truth. My sister has lied from childhood. I personally believe that some is mental and the other is learned. Love my sis, but I don't like her.

I know somebody just like that who lies all the time. And the person I know admits to it and it was almost humorous one day when he said:

"I got in such a habit of lying that I lie all the time even when no reason to lie. It will be about something not important at all and I will lie about that even."

When the electric chair was taken away...it also took away the extreme fear and anticipation of it. So with getting the needle, the only real punishment to Jodi would be the isolation. She thrives on attention. Punishment! She loves to hear herself talk to others. Punishment! She loves to manipulate others. Punishment! She loves to plan and supposedly teach others. Punishment! She deserves the punishment. The wait over the week-end is the start of this punishment. Jodi does not look good at all. You can tell that she is totally stressed and she should be. No remorse on her part. And I do not think that she gets it. She has NO idea how much stress and pain she has put Travis' family through. Only their love for their brother and their faith has gotten them this far. I continue to pray for them all.

Even if there was still the electric chair, only 36 death row inmates have been executed since 1976, when the DP was reinstated in AZ (link provided in my earlier post from yesterday). The chances of any death row inmate newly convicted in 2015 getting the ultimate punishment of death before they die of something else, is slim, so the fear of being executed by the state is probably one of symbolism more than reality. It's more like being warehoused, I suppose. Every day same thing.

Revenge and retaliation is a whole nother matter, not something that is supposed to be a part of the justice system and certainly not part of the Constitution. Wanting someone to sufferrrrrrrrr mentally and physically because of a crime committed is certainly understandable, but is not what the system is about. No one can force another person to think about their crime, feel a certain way, or even care. All that can be done and must be done is protect free society from that killer to the standards set by the state.

Hello Hat,

That's ok. I think its neat there are 2 of us. LOL :)

It would be worse if she was a McCoy.

But they have had Fridays off for months now. Many probably work tomorrow and take/pick up their kids from school tomorrow. Why should they change the schedule now? This trial has been dragging along, and they were often treated horribly, imo. Sometimes brought to court to hear an hour of testimony in an entire day. I don't think they owe the court anything other than their full attention and desire to get this job done. And Monday will do just fine as far as I can see. JMO :cow:

^^^^ That

View attachment 70257

I brought the breakfast crock pot

Why did you have to do that!! Now I want that!!! :gaah:

If the jury had heard about the knives and gun she had in a rental car after the murder, I think it would be easier to give her the DP. Unfortunately, that was not allowed.

Dear God, I just received news that one of our employees' parents were murdered last night in Missouri. Please pray for her.

Oh no! One of those 8-9 they're reporting on the news? Horrendous.

HUGS to your coworker

wasn't it the dude that had a baby with mellisa ethridge or something? from the mamas and the pappas?

If the jury had heard about the knives and gun she had in a rental car after the murder, I think it would be easier to give her the DP. Unfortunately, that was not allowed.

LMAO @steely I was answering your siggy post thinking it was a random trivia question!:scared:

watching now. Shooter dead. Hoping a citizen stopped him and saved more from dying. appears random. so terrible.

HUGS to your coworker

Hey everyone, good morning :) I've been thinking about this jury, about switching with #2, and about reading notes. I wonder if maybe this jury asked if they could use #2's notes along with their own notes. Wasn't #2 the one who took a lot of notes? Or maybe one of the juror's did not take notes so they wanted to switch with #2.

These jurors are in an odd position for sure. They are not the same jury, nor did they hear all the evidence the first jury used to find her guilty.

Why wouldn't they want the time to go through all the evidence from the first trial to make sure they are making an informed decision?

I am glad they are taking the time to make that informed decision!

I wonder, did any of them see the news about the first trial? did any of them see the interviews jodie gave? I mean, how could they miss any of it? I know that there are people who dont really follow crime, trials, the news, but heck, it was all over the media, every where was jodi..

now see, if I was a juror and they asked me did I see any news? I would have been yeah...sure did..I know something about it..and if they still picked me to be juror, well heck..what can I say?

Ill have to be honest here..even if I didnt see any news about jodi, or didnt know who she was and I was picked as a juror, I would find myself reading news about her, sneaking to see who the hell she is and what she done and reading websluthes and following along..just saying, I would be a sneaky juror,,,no way in heck I could serve as a juror lol im just being honest lol

I know they didnt hear everything, that the original trials had to offer, but I wonder...I mean come on, can we honestly say that none of them heard about jodi in the news? and if so, I wonder if they secretly are thinking about what they saw in the news, if they did see anything and are secretly using that info to come to a decision?

Hope I make sense...lol just thinking out loud..

HUGS to your coworker

Yes, I just spoke with my husband. We own a small business, and our employees are like family, so this is hitting too close to home. I don't have details yet and we're fixing to get hit with a winter storm, so we're closing the office. Just sick now.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

It's going to be a long, very long weekend !

I have never wanted a Monday to come so fast as I do this upcoming Monday !

:cheers:
I agree. I can't remember the last time that I wished the weekend would fly by.

TruthD...

Thought more about your perspective on what there is to deliberate and how long it "should" take. Here's the speediest thoughtful deliberation scenario I can imagine (it assumes a verdict of DP, because that's what I think they'll vote):

1. They decompress and vent about mysteries, delays, finally being able to discuss the case.

2. They select a foreperson.

3. They review jury instructions, as requested, and inform the bailiff of their deliberating schedule.

4. They settle in and decide how they will go about deliberating.

5. They don't think it's necessary to go down the list one by one because most of them walked back thinking she deserved the DP.

6. They don't question the first jury's finding of especially cruel, because the autopsy photos tell them everything they need to know about that, and JM has just reminded them about the excruciating pain Travis Alexander experienced as he was being murdered.

7. Precisely because so many of them have already decided for death, they wonder why the first jury hung. All of the jurors agree that they are determined to reach a consensus, no matter how long it takes. They feel invested in every way, and they want to be the jury that gets it done. So they're good with being methodical and getting it right.

8. They realize they have forgotten most of what was said in week 1 about premeditation, and a lot of other things they think might be important.

9. They realize they never heard the full opposing stories about what actually happened on June 4. The DT is suggesting a story that suggests she snapped between sex and shower but they don't say what might have happened to make her snap. They're clearly suggesting that Travis triggered the "event." They're definitely saying (in closing) that Travis invited her to his house, so that also suggest that whatever premeditation there was must have been after she arrived. The State is saying she wasn't invited (in closing), that she killed him with a gun and a knife (in closing), and that they must accept the verdict of premeditated murder.

10. They find out once they begin deliberations that all guilt phase exhibits are available to them. It's a huge pile of material, and coupled with 12 sets of 5 months’ worth of notes, they decide they need to focus in on what the group finds most important to recheck, verify, or question. They ask for and review a list of exhibits and make an initial decision which if any of the exhibits they think they might need.

11. Discussion leads to the emergence of two questions they agree are pivotal:

?1: how far ahead of time did she premeditate the murder? They've been specifically instructed that premeditation has no specific time frame. The first jury found premeditation, but the same rule applied, so either the DT or the State's version of June 4 presented to them could theoretically be true. If they become convinced that she premeditated the murder while in California, then everything else the DT has presented as fact becomes at the very least, extremely suspect. (If even one juror wavers on that point, I think it's going to take them a long time to sift through the evidence to convince a holdout).

?2. Is she mentally ill, and if she is, does her mental illness explain why she killed him?

12. They spent hours- half a day, even, sorting out the question of premeditation, in part because unlike the first jury, the presentation of June 4 was exceedingly brief, and very incomplete, including the important question of what her defense said happened. Ultimately they agree the premeditation began in CA.

13. Next they discuss her mental illness. They quickly reject PTSD, because they don't believe Geffner and think it's irrelevant. PTSD can't explain why she would premeditate a murder 2 months after she left and 1,000 miles away. BPD? They all are sure she has BPD because they trust DeMarte and because both sides said she did. BPD. BPD...DeMarte has told them BPD explains a lot of her behavior BEFORE the murder. But...she also has told them BPD doesn't mean JA couldn't distinguish between right and wrong. She could. That means she chose to murder him and knew what she was choosing. There was no snapped of any kind.

14. Their final and most important question then, is whether or not her mental illness is mitigating. That is a completely subjective question, and one that requires 12 people providing and discussing their own opinions and beliefs, even if all 12 agree at the onset that her mental illness is not mitigating.

There is so much I can imagine they would want to talk about....did she ever accept responsibility for what she did? Did she show remorse? The pedo lie. Her letter to his family. Etc. A lot of that evidence and argument was extremely powerful and disturbing. Even though they'll all be able to talk about whatever they want to after the trial, I can easily imagine wanting to take their time to talk amongst themselves about how and why individual pieces of evidence affected them. Seems like human nature to me.

15. They take a vote after it seems they have reached a consensus. They are unanimously in favor of the DP. They spend a little while talking about how it feels to have reached a decision, and what they think will happen next.

16. They discuss and decide how to handle media requests, feeling out who wants to stay in touch afterwards, and exchanging contact info.

17. They take a deep breath as the foreperson fills out the verdict forms.

18. They notify the bailiff they have reached a verdict.

How many hours would all that take? My best guess is through early morning on Monday, verdict before lunchtime.

I like how you think!

BBM--For the family's sake, I fervently hope you are right.

There is 1 pic that I keep wondering if it was from a much earlier time. I know she purposely would do her hair in braided pony tail to try to make herself look young. I think she even did that with Bobby so we know it was her idea and not Travis idea originally.

The pic is the 1 where she has pony tails and she is naked and by herself in the pic. It was found with the other pics on the camera in washing machine. To me, it just seems like that pic was from a much earlier time in her life, but I could be wrong of course.

There was talk of flash drives and such and I have always wondered if she copied certain pics on his camera. Then I think she tried to delete all of them and wash the camera.

The washing of the camera I will still never understand why she left it in machine. I still think either she forgot it, or someone was coming home and she had to rush out the doggy door or back door and had to leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela