VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatfield... I think she brought up the time/date change thing to Flores as a dodge, and perhaps because that's what she intended to do but didn't have the time. As evil as she is, if she intended to do that she'd have chosen a date when Travis was involved with either Lisa or Mimi, out of spite.

It is hard to imagine that directly after the VIS Jodi Arias demanded and GOT a closed courtroom that very day for her secret testimony. I had forgotten that it was the same day!!! http://tamaratattles.com/2014/10/30...-impact-statements-then-all-hell-broke-loose/

Here is another summary of Tanisha's words to the jury https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/730466650362813

"Tanisha is crying and kind of shouting...
"I have to relive this OVER and OVER again."
Pictures of Travis are on the screen along with his grandmother and dog.
"Our minds are ruined with seeing Travis' body slumped over in the shower and his throat slit from ear to ear".
Some jurors are crying. One male juror has his head down.
"Our lives will just never be the same. When I think of my brother I don't want to see him stabbed, bleeding, shot to the head. I just want to see my brother. But I can't."

God bless the Alexander family. Only God and time can help them now.

OMG I cannot believe this! This is just not acceptable.what a witch.

Why would Jodi manipulate the time stamps to the day of the murder?

Meebee. I am in a small minority that believes the sex photos were taken at another time. For myself, I believe they were taken very early on, with Travis under the influence of something Jodi gave him.

I believe that there was no sex that day and her uploading the photos to his camera just show premeditation.

I guess it really doesn't matter anymore.

Why would Jodi manipulate the time stamps to the day of the murder?

Could she have transferred them to his camera that day thinking they would transfer with the original time stamp/date intact but when they transferred, they instead transferred with the time stamp /date of the transfer?

Maybe she wanted them found on his camera, but after the transfer she got concerned about which time stamp/date would show up so she opted to delete them entirely?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything electronic.

This rumor sounds possible because there sure was a lot of activity at end of the day.

The only thing I am wondering about is would the court and judge really do this? Like if they pretty much had already told everyone to come back for the decision then why not just wait till everyone could be present?

Would the court be willing to risk everyone keeping quiet about it all weekend?
With that many people already getting the news of a verdict, would the court really try to tell them all to be quiet all weekend?

That is the only thing that makes me wonder it may not be true. I do hope it is true though.

If there was a verdict, they would have announced it. All of the players know better than to venture too far away from the courthouse. That's why they give time before reading it. jmo

Angela Arias has no more insight as to if as and when the jury will render a verdict than she knows the current price of tea in China. Consider the source. What happened was Jodi and two members of the victim's family were in with the jurors who were brought to the judge one on one to inquire if any of them had discussed the case with the alternates. Jodi would be in street clothes for that and there would be no need for both Kirk and Jen to be there. Kirk I trust was there via phone during this. I am 99 percent sure this is what happened. The entire Alexander group came to make a showing for the jury who indeed end up walking right by them . I am glad about that part because it brings it fresh to the jury's minds that this family has been ripped to shreds. Jodi Arias did a lot more than kill Travis that day. The entire family suffers TRUE PTSD, and their Gram literally died over not being able to recover from the strain of the shock and horror of it all. The VIS were long ago, but seeing the pain on the family's face is very much something the jury has on their hearts and minds this weekend. MOO

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-Break-2-27-thru-3-2&p=11534355#post11534355

Someone who DOES have insight into what may be going on in the jury room is former Arias juror Diane Schwartz who gave a brief new interview

http://www.kpho.com/story/28214533/...es-insight-deliberations#.VPCvHXQmKog.twitter

" I voted for death. I want her to get the death penalty. I do understand how hard it is on these jurors. It is VERY HARD!
"It was a job we had to do and we couldn't get it done," said Schwartz.

It was the unfinished business that has her sitting in this retrial trying to see it through. It is very emotional seeing the pain the Alexanders are STILL going through. She and some of the other jurors are indeed there most days.

I learned from Paul Sanders today that it took the Devault jury 15 days. Now I learned this too

Dr Melanie Allen ‏@drmelofashland 52m52 minutes ago
@ZoeyWatson2014 Each of Menendez Bros first juries took 17 or 18 days working away and BOTH hung!

So everyone is going to need to dig deep. WOW. I am so hoping for Monday. STILL.

I'm not at the office today. Two of my dogs got in a horrible fight, and I received a couple of bad bites on my leg trying to break it up. So I'm in bed on antibiotics. My husband couldn't talk to me, as he had folks in his office so I know next to nothing yet. Thanks to all for your prayers. The employee is a very young single mom.

That breaks my heart. I have two small children and my parents are such a big part of their lives. I am very sorry.

I can honestly tell you I have co workers who know nothing of Jodi Arias...they know nothing about a lot of things unless they see it on facebook or something like that . ALot of them never even watch the news and if they do they just believe whatever the talking heads on tv tell them. No investigating anything...sadly its true. I doubt any of them even realized how bad the recession was that we went through cause they didnt lose their jobs so it didnt happen if you know what I mean.
I like these people but unfortunately not everyone is like us..

There's a whole big country out there and an even larger world out there who neither know about or care about Arias and this case. I'm sure that comes as a surprise to those who live and breathe every moment of this case. Coworkers of mine as well neither heard of or gave any thought to Arias and even after I told them about it, <shrug>.

there, there softail, hope the adjustment is a smooth process--something to look forward to is they have a great football team :cheesehead::cheesehead:

And Aaron Rodgers is easy on the eyes.

Could she have transferred them to his camera that day thinking they would transfer with the original time stamp/date intact but when they transferred, they instead transferred with the time stamp /date of the transfer?

Maybe she wanted them found on his camera, but after the transfer she got concerned about which time stamp/date would show up so she opted to delete them entirely?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything electronic.

I would love to believe she loaded those pics on to his camera and they were not intimate that day but for those that believe she changed the exif data why would she put the date of the murder? I did a quick google search and it seems that the exif data travels with the photo and if this is correct the pictures were taken that day whether they used that camera or not.

IMO

Would love a digital photo expert to weigh in though ^^^ I would love to be proven wrong and she did bring them along ;)

Where it could have come up is if there are a couple of smokers, so when they take 15-20 minutes to go smoke a cigarette someone else might be wondering if they could stay there going through their notes. The answer as I read it is that when one is out they all need to be out and they need to leave everything behind.

I don't think it was any big deal - more a "we need to know how this works so that we don't get into trouble" kind of things.

Agreed. I didn't read anything into it. It is probably just that some people do not need as long a break as others sometimes and wanted to know if they could scan their notes instead of just twiddling their thumbs as they waited for the others to return. JMO.

Just had my annual visit with my ENT Doc. He is really cool. I always pick his brain while I am there, from Obama's new health care to new cancer treatments. This time I asked him about bullets to the head. l described TA injury and asked if he could have moved after. He gave me a general answer I wasn't expecting. He said bullets to head are strange and there have been cases where people didn't even know they had a bullet in their brain AFTER awaking from the concussion of the bullet, and they only seem to have a headache. But it was rare and upon concussion of the bullet they went unconscious. He said if victim was dead the ME could more tell how devasting the wound was and what type of bullet was used. I told him about the wound tract and how there was very little blood in it and ME said he was probably dead. Doc told me that was probably true because everyone knows how much a head wound bleeds, even a slight one. As a mother of three boys I could attest to that.

He asked why all my curiosity about bullets to the head. I told him I was following a trial about a man who was killed and the murderer said he continued to attack her even tho she had shot him in the head. He wanted to know what case it was. I told him and he smiled and said he thought I was talking about a local crime he hadn't heard of. He never heard of the Arias case, but that doesn't surprise me because he is the Head Professor at a major University Hospital and a very busy practicing surgeon on top of it.

There are a lot of people who have never heard of this trial even in AZ. My BF in Scottsdale told me that. She is somewhat surprised but said could understand why the court decided JA could get a fair trial because not everyone has heard of her. There are actually people out there who don't know who the President of the US is. I saw it on a news program. Many don't know who the VP is and the list just gets longer for the people under them. What we find as interesting others tune out. Go figure

If the jury had heard about the knives and gun she had in a rental car after the murder, I think it would be easier to give her the DP. Unfortunately, that was not allowed.

Geffner claimed JA indentified 2 PTSD "traumas" in his test/s - TA's abuse throughout their relationship and TA's killing or whatever she claims he did/said June 4 that triggered JA's murderous response. Given that, I don't understand why JM couldn't tell this jury about the gun/knives found in JA's new rental car the day she was arrested, as that fact directly counters her having murder-related PTSD imo. I'd like to see the AZ law regarding the probative v. prejudicial "weighing" of evidence judges are supposed to do, because JSS seems to have deemed quite a bit of probative JA info too prejudicial imo.

I think that the DP is the RIGHT verdict and the verdict that she DESERVES. Having said that, I am afraid that she just might get it.

I have been doing a little research and death row prisoners are the focus of a great many 'help' groups. They will not give a flying fig about JA as a person but she would make a great symbol for their cause. She is still young, female, presentable looking, and has the personality and brains to throw herself wholeheartedly into the drama of abolish state killing. She will be their poster child. There will be online petitions, appeals to the public, and well meaning people will jump on the 'don't kill this girl' bandwagon just because they are opposed to the DP.

Her years will be spent manipulating and using these people who think they are using her. Travis will be pushed to the background. This terrible bloody crime will be ignored. Through their public efforts, someday down the road a few years, they just might get her sentence reduced. It has happened.

Add to the anti DP crowd, the people who will rally to the cry of domestic violence. They, having not followed this trial too closely, will claim that she is being given the DP for defending herself against an abuser. In two years, maybe three, facts will be forgotten or ignored and JA will be expert at playing the system. She learns quickly and manipulating is as easy for her as breathing. She will drag Travis and his family through Hell for years to come. They will NEVER be free of her.

I am more afraid of JA getting the DP than she is. :cow: MOO

Scott Peterson is a young guy on death row. I haven't seen any huge outcry to save his murdering butt :) Well said paintr, but i'm still 100% put her in solitary confinement 23 hours a day :)

Daisy very sorry to hear about your kitty.

Do you have a link to this, I haven't seen it yet. TIA

Thanks Mindmatters—I think you must mean Daisymae. My kitties are well.

Here's the raw, unedited Troy Hayden interview. It's ~47 minutes.
[video=youtube;AFIfLA0LmbM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFIfLA0LmbM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member