VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we wait it out until Monday, I have been wondering about a couple things:

How did Juan Martinez get assigned to this case? Does Maricopa County have a lottery system (luck of the draw), or are trials assigned to a prosecutor's particular strengths, or.... what? I've been thinking about this after reading 13th juror's latest post saying that at one time he was assigned to Marissa DeVault.

Also, I'd be curious to know if the Alexander's have thought how lucky they were to get him and conversely, (regarding Det. Flores' warning to Jodi about Juan), whether from that day forward she has regretted her underestimation of Juan/overestimation of her ability to fool people. She really would have gotten 2nd degree if she'd 'fessed up early on. But no, she thought could manipulate everyone involved.

I'm also wondering if there's a chronological list of all the juror's questions. I think it might give some insight to how they shifted their beliefs as the trial went on, which might be an indication of how they're leaning now.

I don't think she'd ever get second degree with the depth of premediatiin evidence in this case. But she'd probably already be sentenced to natural life by now.

I am soooo envious you've seen them!!! And I couldn't agree more about the unsurpassed beauty of a wide open sky. I take frequent for pleasure trips to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Nevada just for that reason. The East Coast is a sucky place to live IMO for every reason except great cities to go play in.

I also remember the excitement of a Chinese restaurant opening in Grand Forks. The first one ever! My DH ate takeout every night for a week, because it was the only food available in the "city" that actually had spice in it. The next week or so we went back, ordered the same food and lo! All the spices were gone! We asked why, and the owner said that Grand Forkians couldn't deal with the taste. Only bland would do. Really.

The same situation here. There are about a dozen "Chinese" restaurants that offer little more than sweet and sour pork, chicken balls, all-you-can-eat buffets, etc. I once asked the owner of one of them if she would add real Chinese items to the menu and she said no, because nobody would order them. Sigh.

I think that Shadowboy (I think! It was definitely a male poster with audio/video work experience) did a nice analysis proving she didn't bring them along. If you're still interested, maybe dropping him a pm can lead to him bumping up that post.

Shadowboy is a laday!

The DeVault jury penalty phase did not last 15 days. It lasted 3 days. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...sentence-murder-husband-hammer_n_5243141.html

Excerpt:

A jury on Wednesday spared the life of an Arizona woman convicted of beating her husband to death with a hammer, sentencing her to life in prison instead of the death penalty.

The decision in the penalty phase of Marissa Devault's trial comes after the jury deliberated for about three days since April 22. Devault nodded when jurors were polled about their decision, and she hugged her attorneys before leaving the courtroom smiling.

Wow! So he lied about that? WHY would he do that? Geez

Whas it "diddums"? I know that guy said it was a synonym for BS, but it's not. You often say, "poor diddums" in places where Americans say "tough petooti". Literally, it means "poor you", but it is intended sarcastically. The expression has been around at least since the '50's.

She (Gerald was a girl) didn't say it meant BS. She said exactly what you said. It means "tough nuggets."

Hi, I am done with Jodi Ann until Monday. I don't want to see her face, think about her. However I would like to say I would give her the DP so fast her head would spin. Jodi tortured Travis to death. If they can't give her Death, how do I get over it. I never forgave the OJ jurors or the Caylee jurors. :moo:

Hatfield...now you have me rethinking about those photos....quick google says:

Can't change date/time stamp with the camera because the date/time stamp is now embedded into the image and the camera can only do that as the picture is taken.

BUT... Stamp can be changed by editing each photo with image-editing software like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

HOW:

Open the photo and use the "clone" tool to obliterate the date/time stamp.
Then optionally use the "text" tool to put the correct date on the image, then save it.
Re-saving a .jpg image in the same format will slightly degrade it as some colour data is discarded during the compression/saving process.

Ok. We agree about her goal- planting evidence, so why not on his camera, same scenario of running out of time or whatever. I'm off to look more into it the possibility. Thanks? ;)

Per testimony
Iirc when Melendez was on the stand, he testified that Not ALL the pics were recoverable from the SD slot, and that a few pics were only recovered in the thumbnail /preview portion of the memory. All new cameras including TAs saves photos to 2 seperate areas the internal memory, and then the preview/thumbnail portion of the drive. The thumbnails do not have EXIF data, while the others recovered from the SD slot did. And, more than a few had this data attached and recovered as he explained he verified the time stamps on direct

Maybe he meant the entire penalty phase took 15 days?

It took 15 days over 5 weeks. They decided guilt and the cruelty factor and life/death

It took 15 days over 5 weeks. They decided guilt and the cruelty factor and life/death

Perhaps his wording is just weird. He's making it sound like it took them 15 days to decide on life and death.

I had to step away and just getting back, and I like your question. I would like to try to answer in what I think may have happened.

All JMO
I think those sex photos that were found on his camera were mostly from JA putting them on his camera and were hers that she brought with her from previous dates + times. The main reason I think this is the 1 single photo where she has braids and is naked. Im not good at guessing ages but she sure looked really young in that photo. I think that one may even predate her even knowing Travis. I think she just liked the photo herself and always kept that one.

My theory about the pics is I think JA wanted to make sure his phone had lots of sex photos of the both of them on it. So I think she had brought along a camera memory card that had photos on it OR a flash drive with those pics.

Someone had mentioned Skybot date matching one of the pics dates. So maybe she used a flash drive first to put them on his PC, and then copied them to his camera card via the PC. And by chance the Skybot software updated the date/time or something along those lines.

I think her intent was to NOT have any of the date/times of those sex photos be that particular day. I think she just messed up as she tried to manipulate the date/time stamps on those pics. In fact, I think the detective said most were just thumbnails so maybe as she deleted the pics, the thumbnails never get deleted and are somewhere else on the disc or something along those lines.

But the main thing is the date/time stamps looked "Funny" on some of those pics. Some of them had different "Fonts", so it looked like she had either manipulated them herself or something like Skybot software overrode the date/time.

I think she finally gave up with that idea and just deleted them all, but of course the camera's memory card had certain "trash images" left in the space on the card that was freed up to be written over. Similar to how a PC works where it doesnt actually delete the data but just flags the space as resusable. Which is how she got burned.

Because your original question is right that she did not want the date of the photos to be that day. I think she was trying to make them all be a certain date from a month or so back.

But anyway, Im kind of in a fog on all of it anyway so I could be way off base.
The only thing that I keep thinking for sure is that the 1 sex photo at least was not from that day, and those date/times sure looked funny on some of them. So she was trying to do something. And failed like she usually does. :)

Even if she tried to mess with the time and date of the nudes it probably wouldn't have mattered, all that Melendez could recover were the thumbnails, which don't have time and date incorporated into them - they are just a file in the EXIF data (most of which was destroyed in the washing/bleaching). EnCase apparently used info from the memory card to ascertain the time and date of the thumbnails. And since thumbnails are tiny pics of the picture itself, that's more than likely why they look cloudy and dark. But if you put a thumb up next to her selfie taken the day before, does it look like the nude was taken the next day? I see quite a difference in her appearance, it's a dark pic (the thumbnail), her hair should look almost black, not lighter in front and darker on the braids.

jatwoshades.jpg

Oh, and it was taken at Travis', on his bed, the bed clothing is the same. We know she dyed her hair brunette with the front lighter in late March, I think she took these pics before she left for Yreka.

I also think that if she intended to have these nude pics on his camera, she was setting him up so that Mimi would see them while in Cancun and never be his girlfriend (and spoil both their trips) but I tend to think it was accidental, that she had deleted them off that memory card and used it in his new camera for the shower pics, not realizing they could be recovered. It has occurred to me that she may have wanted the nudes found when he was found deceased but I have a hard time fitting a way for her to do that and still look blameless of his murder.

Per testimony
Iirc when Melendez was on the stand, he testified that Not ALL the pics were recoverable from the SD slot, and that a few pics were only recovered in the thumbnail /preview portion of the memory. All new cameras including TAs saves photos to 2 seperate areas the internal memory, and then the preview/thumbnail portion of the drive. The thumbnails do not have EXIF data, while the others recovered from the SD slot did. And, more than a few had this data attached and recovered as he explained he verified the time stamps on direct

So TexMex can you clarify for my peace of mind, nudes that were recovered had exif data that corroborates the day of the murder?

ok

This is something I will never understand. Why, WHY, is stuff like this hidden from the jury?! The truth and facts are what they are. Prejudicial....well yep. She did it, let the jury think about it

ITA! Too many substantiated facts are deemed too prejudicial, while the killer can spout all the lies and uncorroborated BS she wants. That she had/did/said the things she did after she slaughtered Travis, and some while incarcerated should be allowed in, imho.

Was in Vancouver the first week of February and the magnolia trees had blossoms then! Flew home to 4 feet of snow, minus wt h e double hockey sticks and no end in sight :(

I feel for you! I lived in St John's in the 1990s and was amazed at the regular snow-dumps. A storm would pass through, I'd shovel my way out the front door to the sidewalk, and then another storm would dump some more. (I discovered then that shoveling snow is a good way to meet the neighbours!)

I wish I could be in the gallery if a DP verdict is read just so I could have a small outburst and yell out "Poor Diddums Jodi"

P.S. Look at the width of the right eyebrow closest to her nose, wider in the nude than the day before after having visited a salon and probably had a brow waxing done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy