VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, they're deadlocked .. I guess we'll find out sooner or later if some can be influenced to change their minds, but if some are strongly in favour of Death and some are just as strongly in favour of Life it'll be hung again and a 'no verdict' then we'll have to hope to god JSS goes with LWOP.

Hang in there. No reason (yet) to think they're deadlocked.

If I had a nickel for every time a woman's said that to me. I'd be broke. :tears:
[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I don't think they're deadlocked. They're just trying to make the right decision.

I wanna take a nap.. anyone willing to text me if we get a verdict? Lol

About to head out and get my kiddos so with my luck they will announce a verdict here pretty soon and say it will be read in 30 minutes not an hr.

Just received an email alert for a :snowflake: winter storm advisory :snowflake: all day tomorrow. If there's no verdict today, I'll probably be back here tomorrow because I won't drive anywhere if the roads are bad.

It hasn't been long enough.

Speculate with me to pass the time? Do you think that these jurors, knowing that all this retrial nonsense went on because their predecessors deadlocked, and knowing that their duty is to return a verdict, might keep working for a unanimous verdict? Or maybe not?

I always had the sense that the previous jury was surprised when they heard "mistrial." I know I was surprised, but I don't know anything about trials.

Would the original interview video, 48 hours, various jail interviews, be in the jury room?

It would take a lot of time to watch all that video footage.

I don't think they're deadlocked. They're just trying to make the right decision.

Yeppers. They have to weigh the mitigating factors :findinglink: hard to do when they can't find them :facepalm:

I wouldn't be dissatisfied with LWOP, but I'm afraid that JSS might have a soft spot for Jodi and allow for the possibility of parole. :moo:

I don't think she has a soft spot for her at all. She saw all she was capable of. It is lwop if JSS sentences her.

I think at this juncture it's unlikely they haven't at least taken a preliminary vote. It's also possible they aren't deadlocked. There is a possibility a juror(s) are undecided and want to talk further about the evidence. If we don't have a verdict by midweek then I would be concerned about another hung jury. But I feel that by the end of today we might have a verdict.

I don't either. I just think that they are going through the things presented to them and are taking it seriously.

It hasn't been long enough.

Speculate with me to pass the time? Do you think that these jurors, knowing that all this retrial nonsense went on because their predecessors deadlocked, and knowing that their duty is to return a verdict, might keep working for a unanimous verdict? Or maybe not?

I always had the sense that the previous jury was surprised when they heard "mistrial." I know I was surprised, but I don't know anything about trials.

I said earlier today that I felt certain that this jury knows that their predecessors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict and that they don't want to end up in the same boat. I hope they're working towards a unanimous verdict - even if it's for life instead of death.

O/T but I've got CNN on the TV with the TV on mute so I can groove to some solo Donald Fagen.

Anyhoo, CNN had a graphic up entitled (approx.) the mystery of the murder of Yeltsin's critic. Really, mystery? Yeah, that's a tough one to figure out. I wonder who's responsible for it. :thinking:

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member