VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. When the trial video is released the first thing I want to see is the look on her face when the verdict read. I want to watch her turn to the gallery and see the 3 people who could be bothered to show up for her, and then I want her to see the Alexander side of the gallery so full extra chairs had to brought in.

The only expression I expect to see WHEN she hears the DP verdict is a little grimace, quickly followed by a woe- is -little 'ole- me -the -victim look she's no doubt rehearsed.

Don't have to wait for the trial video. JSS approved live-streaming the verdict.

H4M, statistically speaking, I'm all but #2. I feel her punishment should be the DP. I cant see her surviving for a long period of time on death row. She'll mentally implode without an audience (other inmates) to mingle with and manipulate. Over time she'll be clawing at those cinder blocks from her bunk as well as violently shredding her appeals paperwork stuffed into all those brown paper bags. JMO

I have my own selfish reasons why I hope the verdict doesn't come in today.

I am right in the middle of redoing our bedroom from top to bottom and our beautiful daughter-in-law is coming shortly to do a new technique on our accent wall.

I would hate to know that I have followed the case since its inception and miss the reading of the verdict.:(

She knows I will have to be constantly running back and forth from the bedroom to my office to see if anything has happened.:) She knows how long I have followed this case and how much it means to me that Travis' murderer is given to death.

Have been reading up for the past several months on all manner of things related to the DP, including studies about DP-qualified jurors. Statistically they are:

1. male

2. politically conservative

3. more likely to have listened to pre-trial publicity than DP-excluded jurors (DPEJ)

4. less willing to accept defense psych experts' testimony than DPEJ.

5. less likely to believe or to accept mental illness as mitigating than DPEJ.

6. greater need to hear the defendant express remorse than DPEJ.

7. more likely to focus on the aggravator(s) presented than on mitigators

8. more likely to dismiss mitigators altogether if presented with both strong and weak mitigators

Wow. Those are my kind of people! :)

Is coffee provided in the jury room? I see no problem with jurors opting to bring their own lunch or snacks or bringing something special for all the jurors to enjoy.
Perhaps some are used to taking a bag lunch to their own workplace. Some may also be concerned with the expense of eating out every day.
jmo

1 hour 12

Bored-Christina-Applegate-On-Married-With-Children-Gif.gif

Hi all! I'm here and hoping for a verdict today. I would be surprised if we have one before lunch though and possibly not until tomorrow. These jurors had to take in so much information on Thursday and after three days they may need to go back and refresh their memories. I also think that the three days gave them time to think and possibly have more questions they need to find the answers to. :truce:

Ocean- FWIW, there were many posts on Verdict Watch thread II about Sanders' oddly wording the length of time for deliberations. Penalty phase deliberations for that jury lasted 3 days, not 15. IIRC what he meant was the jury deliberated a total of 15 days (over 50 days) for guilt, aggravator and penalty phases combined.

Thank you. I see that now.

Then hopefully we will have a verdict sometimes this week.

I know its hard to judge a different case based on other cases. It could take them much longer than we expect or it could take them a shorter length of time.

There is simply no way to read the tealeaves when it comes to juries.

IMO

:waitasec: Isn't the verdict going to be live streamed from the courtroom? Only audio?

:seeya: It is supposed to be live stream -- cameras and all :great:

:thinking: But then again ... ya never know IF JA, her DT or JSS will change their mind.

Since Paul Sanders said it took them 15 days to return a sentencing verdict in the DeVault case........ I do not believe the verdict will come today. While I don't see it taking that long due to the fact that JA is sorely lacking in mitigation factors.... I do see it going maybe all week with a verdict maybe on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.

I don't think they have already decided although I would love to be wrong on that. Nothing has moved fast in this case and I don't expect this part to be fast either.

As far as bringing the crockpot in.... when I was on a four week trial ...during deliberations we did bring in food for everyone to eat. We took turns on who would prepare the main course and who would bring in sides if needed. We had decided that it saved far more time rather than going out to eat. I believe anytime someone 'breaks bread' together they become more unified and will want to come to an unanimous decision.

So it may take awhile to convince one or two if the others are already in agreement on what they think is an appropriate punishment.

I hope that if there are holdouts for life then the other jurors can tell them (respectfully of course) that they are letting JA manipulate them too. Maybe they will come to realize that and all vote for death which is the only just punishment in this case, imo.

The ironic thing is if Travis had been the defendant instead of the victim, and had done all of the things this murderer has done, I don't think many would think his life would be spared by the jury. He would be given death and whether he had a personality disorder or claimed abuse just wouldn't matter. They need to think about that in the jury room and come to grips with reality by totally removing the gender of the offender in this case and look solely at the premeditated actions and the cruelty inflicted on the victim.

Can they do that as they are told by law to do? Will they uphold the law that says the gender of the victim nor the defendant can weigh into their decision?

We'll see.

Voting for the DP would be hard for me personally. But her gender would not bother me one bit! As women, we are generally nurturing so to think another woman would do this to someone only makes me angrier. Shows she is a monster.

H4M, statistically speaking, I'm all but #2. I feel her punishment should be the DP. I cant see her surviving for a long period of time on death row. She'll mentally implode without an audience (other inmates) to mingle with and manipulate. Over time she'll be clawing at those cinder blocks from her bunk as well as violently shredding her appeals paperwork stuffed into all those brown paper bags. JMO

:)

I like to imagine her obsessively reading and rereading her 9 postcards of support, saying to herself, SEE? Everyone believed me,and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to tweet out that good news for her.

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago

Rainy, windy & dreary in Phoenix, Az.

A sign of things to come?

First one at the courthouse.

I got you covered. #JodiArias

What I am hoping for, is that jury members will speak to media as a group immediately after the sentencing. I want to hear from them. The jury spoke after the Scott Peterson trial and I was so glad they did. It shows jurors are just one of us. They struggle with the same thoughts, share the same convictions. It would have been best for this jury to be a part of the guilt phase. After watching this farce of a defense, I feel jurors should work really hard to come to a consensus one way or the other. Hanging a jury is just too easy and they fail the families of the victim by doing so. From what I have heard from Zervakos and him not attempting to deliberate, that jury should have asked for his removal. I would have...in a heartbeat.

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago

Any questions about #ObsessedTrialWatchers show, please email me at chopperrose@msn.com.

I don't always see everyone's tweets. #JodiArias

:)

I like to imagine her obsessively reading and rereading her 9 postcards of support, saying to herself, SEE? Everyone believed me,and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to tweet out that good news for her.

Almost wish they would say "While we believe everything she said, we still vote for the DP."

I just hope we're not all kidding ourselves.... if this Jury hang,s the Judge will sentence her and IMO that will end up being the last insult to the Alexander family.

Yeah, I don't know. I think the guilty was the big thing for her. We all know that she won't really get the DP even if she is sentenced to it so I don't think this matters as much to her. I think she still feels she is going to win an appeal and get off.

IMO, JA is very concerned about having to move to the really BIG house facilities. Whole different neighborhood. New pecking order for her to start at the bottom rung. Seems like everybody likes Jodi AT FIRST, but very quickly they find her repulsive.

Is coffee provided in the jury room? I see no problem with jurors opting to bring their own lunch or snacks or bringing something special for all the jurors to enjoy.
Perhaps some are used to taking a bag lunch to their own workplace. Some may also be concerned with the expense of eating out every day.
jmo

At the very least, I think there would be coffee/tea with condiments. Jury room I was in also had packets of saltines. We agreed from the first day (I initiated) that we would take turns bringing snacks to tide us over before and after lunch. For lunch, I usually brought yogurt & fruit or a salad; one man lived close enough to go home for lunch while others went to a nearby mall for fast food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo