VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mother Arias has only changed her view so she can proceed to make as much money off of her daughter and this trial as possible. She knows very well she is guilty and evil and greed is the motivating factor now.
Had to refresh the page to give you thanks but this is exactly how I feel.

I don't it was fair for BK to blame JM's "aggressive" style for ALV's trip to the hospital for anxiety. That was due to public outrage at her testimony.

And ALV's realistic fear of perjury charges being filed at any moment.

Did you feel that DP would be the verdict before today? What changed?

i thought they'd have came back thursday with the DP.

jmo that the longer they are in there the less likely and more stubborn the hold outs are going to be :shrug:

Beth seems to have forgotten or just left out the fact that the defense witness in the trial also found no *advertiser censored*.....she seems to have difficulty understanding the *advertiser censored* vs no *advertiser censored* on Travis' computer.

IIRC there were a couple of thumbnail pictures of *advertiser censored* they found. Nurmi stated during this closing that the *advertiser censored* video that one of the thumbnail pics was related to "school girls" being naughty. Of course - they were adult *advertiser censored* pics -no child *advertiser censored* found whatsoever.

ETA: I just re-read your post - you are right the DT agreed no *advertiser censored* in the first trial

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago

Tanisha & Harold are in a victim waiting room in another part of the courthouse. Flores and Juan have been there. #jodiarias

Well it appears that the rumors of them just waiting for Monday morning to make the announcement weren't true. I'm tired of all the guessing and trying to read jurors actions. I'm surprised nobody has commented on what kind of snacks they got.

Hmmm... one juror had two bags of M&M's, one plain and one peanut. They must be conflicted about their stance.

Another juror came in with pork rinds, is this a sign they're ready to slaughter the pig?

Another had hot and spicy chips, are they obsessing over the sex related issues?

Another had a pack of gum, they must really be chewing this over.

Another was eating a Snickers maybe they want to get back to being themselves? When they left they looked like Betty White.

One of them had a box of chocolates, so you never know what you're gonna get.

agree. DP seems like it would be no doubt in someones mind.

i thought they'd have came back thursday with the DP.

jmo that the longer they are in there the less likely and more stubborn the hold outs are going to be :shrug:

From Cathy:

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 3m3 minutes ago

Tanisha & Harold are in a victim waiting room in another part of the courthouse.

Flores and Juan have been there. #jodiarias

:grouphug:

:juanettes:

Well it appears that the rumors of them just waiting for Monday morning to make the announcement weren't true. I'm tired of all the guessing and trying to read jurors actions. I'm surprised nobody has commented on what kind of snacks they got.

Hmmm... one juror had two bags of M&M's, one plain and one peanut. They must be conflicted about their stance.

Another juror came in with pork rinds, is this a sign they're ready to slaughter the pig?

Another had hot and spicy chips, are they obsessing over the sex related issues?

Another was eating a Snickers maybe they want to get back to being themselves? When they left they looked like Betty White.

Wait, What does it mean if they get coconut??

I hear you. I was hoping it was today but really I want them to work it out so that they can live with it. However long it takes is okay by me.

@lisawJ13: Ok so there's diff victim rm downstairs, that's where Flores & fam are.I spotted Tara Kelly & spiky red hair lady from last jury #jodiarias

This lady is at the courthouse also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To say nothing of Toblerone, Tootsie Pops, and Pop Rocks.

LOL I am still trying to figure out how exactly *advertiser censored* is a mitigating factor at all. I know there was no *advertiser censored*, but even if there had been a ton of *advertiser censored*, not sure what that has to do with sparing Jodi's life.

Only Nurmi and Jodi know why the *advertiser censored* issue matters, nobody else see's the relevance of it. I guess they had to put on some kind of a defense, as lame as it was. I think Nurmi is just hoping for one sympathetic juror, just one...................sort of like the first go around.

Isn't it almost lunch time for the jurors? Why the need for snacks? Snacking-working lunch?

Wow, he is there. He wants to see justice after all that he's been through. Wonder if it is the 1st time he's been since the death of his son. Could also be a sign.

He has been there at least once before, after the death of his son.

ZoeyW "These jurors deserve our respect" said:
Hi ZoeyW, I agree they do deserve our respect. I usually just lurk but have wandered why you haven't been posting lately. Hope all is well and wanted you to know we appreciate your posts.

Isn't it almost lunch time for the jurors? Why the need for snacks? Snacking-working lunch?

I am hoping they will order lunch in (ie: pizza or sandwiches) and continue to deliberate throughout the lunch hour.

I heard there was pop rocks and tootsie pops, what could this mean :thinking:

It appears that mother Arias is more supportive than father Arias. If I feel sorry for any of them, it is for the younger brother. Remember way back when, when Det Flores interviewd them, mother Arias was astonished at how JA could go on as if nothing had happened after the murder? I think they felt that she had done what LE reportedd to them. At some point Arias started all of the abuse claims, mother Arias must have fell for it. Only way to explain and to adjust to what her daughter is capable of, outrageous rage and violence. Surely at some point in her past they must have seen some inklings of her rage?
I'd say it's more than likely. However, it's very easy to convince yourself it's something else causing such a reaction and to minimize, justify, defend and excuse someone's actions when you don't know about personality disorders. Ultimately, you're actually enabling them (and to at least some extent allowing yourself to be manipulated and/or abused) but you don't/can't realize it at the time. Some people never get past denial at all even when educated - they'll spend decades caring for their personality disordered loved one (bearing in mind some PD people are a lot more functional than Jodi) and forgiving them every transgression. I'm pretty convinced that doing so has a knock on detriment to loved one's mental health. I know it certainly did mine.

My ex-MIL still believes her then 14 year old granddaughter seduced her 43 year old son instead of him drugging and raping her. Talk about twisted, eh? Needless to say my own now 14 year old daughter's contact with his family is well supervised. My ex-MIL is still it total denial about her son and I won't allow my kiddos to be exposed to her skewed reality.

Apologies for veering slightly O/T...Sandy reminds me way too much of my ex-MIL.

so this is telling. I was wrong on it being this morning. I was wrong about thursday, but gosh darn it I KNOW it will be today! lol

He has been there at least once before, after the death of his son.

And ALV's realistic fear of perjury charges being filed at any moment.

If you can't handle a cross-examination, don't hire yourself out as an expert witness. Opposing counsel isn't going to make you a cup of tea and rub your feet.

The ER thing was a stunt. If she has an anxiety d/o she probably has an RX for something she could have taken. Generally people only go to the ER for the first or second attacks bc they think it's actually a heart problem at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member