VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monica Lindstrom just said she's sure there's a split. Maybe they all agree but they're taking it so seriously (doesn't get much more serious than voting for the death penalty) that they want to talk it through until they're sure no juror has any questions or qualms about their vote. Doesn't mean they're split imo.

I thought this forum was gonna blow up today. I can't believe how relatively slow it's been. What a difference from Thursday. Maybe more people at work today?

I wouldn't be dissatisfied with LWOP, but I'm afraid that JSS might have a soft spot for Jodi and allow for the possibility of parole. :moo:

I don't think JSS has a soft spot for Jodi but I am concerned about JSS's judgment. Altho there might not currently a mechanism for parole who is to say one day there won't be. What would happen if it changes in 25 or 35 years? I think there is a very very remote chance JSS would give her LWP. But I can't say 100% she won't because JSS has made some very unusual decisions in this case.

Some tweets suggest some jurors look tired <---- would this be synonymous with disagreements? . . . :sigh:

Could it also be that they may have been looking at the autopsy photos, or even Jodie's vulgar photos? That would be enough to make me have a very different expression than I normally do. They probably are exhausted also. We know what these poor jurors have to look at and contemplate. Think of what disgusting things they have to discuss. MOO

MOO

Monica Lindstrom just said she's sure there's a split. Maybe they all agree but they're taking it so seriously (doesn't get much more serious than voting for the death penalty) that they want to talk it through until they're sure no juror has any questions or qualms about their vote. Doesn't mean they're split imo.

I'm certain there is a split but it doesn't mean it'll stay that way.

Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 3m3 minutes ago
.@troyhaydenfox10 just left. No jurors in sight. Quiet lobby. We're discussing Jeff Gold's hiking sneakers. #jodiarias

I thought this forum was gonna blow up today. I can't believe how relatively slow it's been. What a difference from Thursday. Maybe more people at work today?

I had to go shopping and just got back. Justice for Travis!

From WAT:
Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

.@troyhaydenfox10 just left.

No jurors in sight. Quiet lobby.

We're discussing Jeff Gold's hiking sneakers. #jodiarias

:hilarious: Maybe Troy went to visit the inmate ... lol ... and she'll sing for him again ... :hilarious: !

You know there has to be some reason we haven't heard a peep out of him. Hmmmmmm

From WAT:
Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 2m2 minutes ago

.@troyhaydenfox10 just left.

No jurors in sight. Quiet lobby.

We're discussing Jeff Gold's hiking sneakers. #jodiarias

:gaah: Maybe Troy went to visit the inmate ... lol ... and she'll sing for him again ... :hilarious: !

I'm here... just watching... following on Twitter and even HLN.

Let's face it, they're deadlocked .. I guess we'll find out sooner or later if some can be influenced to change their minds, but if some are strongly in favour of Death and some are just as strongly in favour of Life it'll be hung again and a 'no verdict' then we'll have to hope to god JSS goes with LWOP.

I will still be flying on thursday. I get home thursday afternoon round 2pm. I work mornings/afternoons!

I leave at 7:10 a.m., and it's supposed to be cold that morning. :(

I don't think JSS has a soft spot for Jodi but I am concerned about JSS's judgment. Altho there might not currently a mechanism for parole who is to say one day there won't be. What would happen if it changes in 25 or 35 years? I think there is a very very remote chance JSS would give her LWP. But I can't say 100% she won't because JSS has made some very unusual decisions in this case.

I agree her decision making during this trial has left me scratching my head at times. I do, however, believe she will rule LWOP, mainly because of her history in sentencing others that have been convicted of murder. She comes down tough and I think she realizes how evil CMJA is. At least I hope and pray she will. :praying:

Man, I just think Joe Jackson is too hot. I wish he would start covering this trial again!

Let's face it, they're deadlocked .. I guess we'll find out sooner or later if some can be influenced to change their minds, but if some are strongly in favour of Death and some are just as strongly in favour of Life it'll be hung again and a 'no verdict' then we'll have to hope to god JSS goes with LWOP.

This is what's scaring me.

Could it also be that they may have been looking at the autopsy photos, or even Jodie's vulgar photos? That would be enough to make me have a very different expression than I normally do. They probably are exhausted also. We know what these poor jurors have to look at and contemplate. Think of what disgusting things they have to discuss. MOO

MOO

I'm confident that they're not discussing what kind of sex on what occasions, listening to the sex tape, or watching the 2 minute *advertiser censored* video fragment Nurmi spent 3 months trying to find and stuff down their throats. That's one giant leap back towards sanity, anyway.

We don't KNOW they are...but if so, I think most of us felt this was a likely outcome. I think it's way too early to be saying that. Many juries deliberate longer than 13 hours and still come to a unanimous agreement. Keep the faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee