Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if its the CRD and Wonder if the info came from phone found??? : dunno:

A little more info from two media outlets:

http://www.wset.com/story/23497382/...s-murphy-case-announce-new-person-of-interest

Hallahan stated that the unidentified man left Taylor's house before sundown, and Taylor never saw them again. Hallahan described this man as a black male, in his mid to late 20s with cornrows.

Now, investigators are describing this other individual as a person of interest in the Murphy case. They tell ABC 13 that have made contact with him.

Investigators add that it took a while to locate the person of interest once Taylor's lawyer made the allegations that another person may have been involved in Alexis' disappearance.

http://www.wsls.com/story/23497229/new-person-of-interest-in-alexis-murphy-case

Nelson County investigators say they have located and contacted someone they are describing as a new 'person of interest' in the Alexis Murphy abduction case.

Investigators say they were following up on claims from Randy Taylor's lawyer, Michael Hallahan, that his client may have not been the last person to see Murphy before she went missing. Taylor claims another man had been present and provided him drugs with Alexis there.

So I'd say from these two articles the answer is a tentative yes as to CRD being the new person of interest.

Just saw this on my FB feed, I wonder who it is. I wonder if this a case of media overstating something police have 'stated' or if it is the real deal. Could be very interesting to say the least.

I think they have located the person who gave RAT a ride form Charlottesville, back to Nelson, the weekend Alexis went missing.

So there may actually be a corn row guy? is that what CRD is...corn row dude?

I wonder if they are saying CRD is a person of interest, just to satisfy the obligatory claim by the defense at trial, that LE did not ersue any other suspects other than RAT. This might not be real news.. .might be old news from a couple of weeks ago just leaking out as news. Don't know.

This tidbit of info, could be a strategy move on the part of LE.

(I have no idea what I'm talking about. lol)

I saw the breaking news "POI," if it is CRD, I'm going to be shocked that RAT told (some part of) the truth! Shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

I think they have located the person who gave RAT a ride form Charlottesville, back to Nelson, the weekend Alexis went missing.

Did not think of that- that would be good. I think so many doubted the existence (or importance) of CRD that finding him would not seem earth shattering to many

Detective showed Charlottesville business people images of "People" seen around Alexis. This could have been from videos at the Liberty and/or videos from the CarMike Theater parking lot and/or even from cameras of neighbors near the theater or near the Liberty. This person could have been seen in images with RAT, too.

Why is the CRD not in LE custody? If he was truly a POI couldnt they have brought him in for so many hrs before realsing him? The CRD is a real person he must have had some contact with RAT sometime. Hope im not breaking the rules but I hear from sources the CRD is on AMs FB page I dont know the CRD so i cannot be-sure about this however those that have seen him say its true.

We are all in the dark as to what this POI means...so we are all speculating wildly. We hope that LE has things figured out and that this is not an unexpected turn of events. Ultimately, we all want the true person(s) responsible prosecuted for this crime.

But they already talked to CRD. We knew he was real because a local saw him at her kids school. Im thankful for the media attention coming back but I dont know if this is new news. Maybe there is some kind of new twist RAT put out there? who knows!

Couple thoughts on why I don't think the POI was CRD.

Based on RAT's explanation, Alexis called up her guy and they met shortly thereafter. Therefore CRD was clearly a local. It's a county of 12k people with everyone no more than 1-2 degrees of separation from each other. It wouldn't take police this long to identify CRD and first speak with him (unless he fled, but then wouldn't they put out on APB on him, especially with Alexis still missing? Absolutely yes.).

IMO the fact that it was out of state indicates a likelihood that it was RAT's ride from CVille (dropping off the car) back to his house. Good chance it was a truck driver. There's a cheap Hess gas station on the southbound side of 29, looks less than a half mile from the theater where the car was found. I see trucks filling up there frequently. Wonder if he hitched a ride there, and maybe was caught on security cameras.

This makes it sounds like CRD.

ROANOKE -- A broadcast report says authorities have identified a new person of interest in the disappearance of Nelson County teenager Alexis Murphy.

WSLS on Sunday quoted Nelson County investigators as saying they have located and contacted someone in the case. Investigators told the television station they were following up on claims from Randy Allen Taylor's lawyer, Michael Hallahan, that his client may have not been the last person to see Murphy before she disappeared. Taylor claims another man had been present and provided him drugs with Alexis there.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_018ec2c2-2432-11e3-a72b-0019bb30f31a.html

It is confusing, as the article title states, NEW person of interest, and then goes on to describe the original claims about CRD. CRD is not a new POI. There is a reason for this reporting confusion I think. Grand Jury this week.

It is confusing, as the article title states, NEW person of interest, and then goes on to describe the original claims about CRD. CRD is not a new POI.

Someone is only formally a POI when they are named as such. Seeing as CRD has not been named as a POI, he would be a new one when so identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95