Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the LISK case. Can anyone tell me if the following people have been checked out/cleared/possible POIs:
- the ex-con who "picked up" Melissa's second phone
- the older man Melissa was "chummy with" on Long Island
- John Terry (although if he was her pimp, I have no idea why he'd kill his source of income)

a) don't believe he was ever publicly id'd(but that is one HUGE ? I had as well as others here--and he may be someone that we can't sleuth but some of us have in mind as a poi, and a known pimp)
b) they never really said-allegedly they were going to go out to visit him with the boyfriend, but never went to get him-so it's unclear(like most stuff in this case)
c)he's been "cleared" for now--some of what he says is also suspect as truthful

a) don't believe he was ever publicly id'd(but that is one HUGE ? I had as well as others here--and he may be someone that we can't sleuth but some of us have in mind as a poi, and a known pimp)
b) they never really said-allegedly they were going to go out to visit him with the boyfriend, but never went to get him-so it's unclear(like most stuff in this case)
c)he's been "cleared" for now--some of what he says is also suspect as truthful

Thanks, CriminalMinds. :)

Thanks, CriminalMinds. :)

ktgirl-I don't think that the "older white guy" that Melissa knew (the one who JT stated that she would visit on LI) was ever identified. If I recall correctly, JT told the police that he would show them where the guy lived. JT stated that the police never came to meet him.

I'm new to the LISK case. Can anyone tell me if the following people have been checked out/cleared/possible POIs:
- the ex-con who "picked up" Melissa's second phone
- the older man Melissa was "chummy with" on Long Island
- John Terry (although if he was her pimp, I have no idea why he'd kill his source of income)

W E L C O M E ktgirl !! :balloons:

Found a UtopiaGuide poster that uses the term "half breed":

http://www.interracialdatingcentral.com/fyooz/black-women-black-men-best-frenemies/

Interesting write-up on Irvington29:
http://mrlaureltonqueens-misogynist.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

"Half breed" is also used on his blog.

I wonder if the reason why the caller spoke in a low voice was to mask his ethnicity.

Do we know if the GB4 rejected or refused sex with African American men?

Inspector, when I read your info about Irvington29 the first time I did not give it much thought. Today, however, some very intelligent people brought something very interesting to my attention.

Guess what a "Irvington29" is?

A CHOP SAW!

Ummm... anyone want to alert the authorities in Florida how they might have a prostitute-hating serial killer with a liking for vintage chop saws living among them (assuming he is in Florida now and not back up here in New York)?

Read all about the IRVINGTON29 chop saw here;

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/471/1951.pdf

And I do not take credit for finding this shocking information. Some people much smarter than I am found it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 29
It's portable too...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 26
what are you talking about.

Ahhhh, that post caught your attention! Maybe now you could answer the question I asked before:

(post 352)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Here it is again:

Someone made calls/sent text messages to MB's family. IF it wasn't the killer then... who?? Did someone other than the killer happen to find MB's phone and decide to taunt her family... is that a more "logical" assumption??

Someone made calls/sent text messages to MB's family. IF it wasn't the killer then... who?? Did someone other than the killer happen to find MB's phone and decide to taunt her family... is that a more "logical" assumption??

And I mean anything. You did say it was the killer. How would you know that? Been there and done that. I don't mind answering your questions. You know I do have some experience in such matters. No, it doesn't mean I am right. All it means I am sharing with the posters my experiences when I was a detective.
Sorry, but I have seen my share of detectives focusing on nosense and refusing to look furher. 2 cases of murders of 13 year old girls come to mind.

One case a phone call was allegedly made to the child's home after she disappeared. the caller was allegedly a male friend of the kid. It was a hang up. Phone records were allegedly checked and from one POV the call was made. From another POV, it was not. The detectives focused on that individual and would go no fiurther.

In the other case a poor guy had the misforutne of going to the News Stand one week to the day and in the early morning after the girl was murdered. He asked the vendor if there was a story about the murdered girl. He was a neighbor of the girl. A detective latched on to him and asked him 'what do you want to know for? The poor guy's life was made like hell for the two weeks the detective tried to 'fit' him into the crime, incljuding fabricating the forensic evidence. A lot of time was wasted in both cases and the murders are unsolved to this day.

Just because someone made a call doesn't mean they are the killer. It does have to be investigated until it cant be investigated.

And I mean anything. You did say it was the killer. How would you know that? Been there and done that. I don't mind answering your questions. You know I do have some experience in such matters. No, it doesn't mean I am right. All it means I am sharing with the posters my experiences when I was a detective.
Sorry, but I have seen my share of detectives focusing on nosense and refusing to look furher. 2 cases of murders of 13 year old girls come to mind.

One case a phone call was allegedly made to the child's home after she disappeared. the caller was allegedly a male friend of the kid. It was a hang up. Phone records were allegedly checked and from one POV the call was made. From another POV, it was not. The detectives focused on that individual and would go no fiurther.

In the other case a poor guy had the misforutne of going to the News Stand one week to the day and in the early morning after the girl was murdered. He asked the vendor if there was a story about the murdered girl. He was a neighbor of the girl. A detective latched on to him and asked him 'what do you want to know for? The poor guy's life was made like hell for the two weeks the detective tried to 'fit' him into the crime, incljuding fabricating the forensic evidence. A lot of time was wasted in both cases and the murders are unsolved to this day.

Just because someone made a call doesn't mean they are the killer. It does have to be investigated until it cant be investigated.

I understand. I am not trying to bicker about my assumption. Since you brought up the fact that it might not be the killer who made the calls/sent texts, I thought you might add some details/elaborate on that aspect... which I suppose you just did with your story?

F&E, fair enough. sometimes the words don't quite say what they are supposed to mean. You should also know that I am not critical of the investigation the detectives are trying to do. My main concern is they aren't being allowed to do it. SCPD detectives are as good as most detectives in different departments.
One of the cases I mentioned there was the detective in charge who wanted HIS suspect to be the killer, and it didn't matter if the person was guilty or not. The case went nowhere .

When his supervisor and I were assigned to look at it again we came up with a real good suspect that fit most anything we were looking for. It was a family member. If the suspect didn't do it, IMO, he would have done it in certain circumstances. When we dug up some pretty interesting information the original detective was out of sorts. He never forgave me for showing him up by finding the new information.

F&E, fair enough. sometimes the words don't quite say what they are supposed to mean. You should also know that I am not critical of the investigation the detectives are trying to do. My main concern is they aren't being allowed to do it. SCPD detectives are as good as most detectives in different departments.
One of the cases I mentioned there was the detective in charge who wanted HIS suspect to be the killer, and it didn't matter if the person was guilty or not. The case went nowhere .

When his supervisor and I were assigned to look at it again we came up with a real good suspect that fit most anything we were looking for. It was a family member. If the suspect didn't do it, IMO, he would have done it in certain circumstances. When we dug up some pretty interesting information the original detective was out of sorts. He never forgave me for showing him up by finding the new information.

That's why I think it's important to keep an open mind about POI.

Do we know when MB's mother received a call from someone stating he was w/NYPD asking her if she had filed a missing persons' report? Do we know if it falls somewhere in the the timeline of the calls to MB's sister? Do we know if that callers' number was identified?

Do we know when MB's mother received a call from someone stating he was w/NYPD asking her if she had filed a missing persons' report? Do we know if it falls somewhere in the the timeline of the calls to MB's sister? Do we know if that callers' number was identified?

That's what is implied on the 48 hour program when they say there were 8 in all including one to the mother asking if she had reported her missing. you bring up a good point as to what phone was used for that call, if he was trying to impersonate a detective I can't see him doing it with Mellisa's phone maybe it was another burner, I guess we have no way of knowing.

It was said, in one of the video interviews, that Ms Ela was at work.

Megan Waterman's mother is Lorraine Ela. She's the one who got a call at work from someone claiming to be a police officer.

Thank you Just_K & MK! I was confused. :doh:

I'm going to the quiet area for awhile.

I was not aware megans mother received a call from someone claiming to be nypd but who they think was the killer. please post a link to that.

at 15 minutes into the 39 minute long segment of the 48 hours program that's on youtube it states that one of the 8 calls he made to the Barthelemys included one to Lynn (Mellisa's mom) that claimed to be nypd wanting to know if she filed the report. so color me confused now as well. did they both get a similar call?

I was not aware megans mother received a call from someone claiming to be nypd but who they think was the killer. please post a link to that.

at 15 minutes into the 39 minute long segment of the 48 hours program that's on youtube it states that one of the 8 calls he made to the Barthelemys included one to Lynn (Mellisa's mom) that claimed to be nypd wanting to know if she filed the report. so color me confused now as well. did they both get a similar call?

The sister of Melissa, Amanda, received many calls and the mother of Megan Waterman, Lorraine Waterman Ela received a calls at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo