Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence. I'll probably be sitting here a while. I don't think the lisk would call jt 20 over 8 months. And not the sister.
At the same time I don't really picture a pimp sitting there making random restricted phone calls to another pimp of a missing girl.
Unless if the SK is a pimp him self and that's why he would maybe want to remove jt tattoo.

Didn't I read somewhere that MB was last seen outside her apartment "sitting on the curb"? For the life of me, I don't remember where I read that. If this is true, it would seem, to me, that she was waiting for a ride.

Maybe the client she had a date with later was picking her up and that's why she turned down JT's offer for a ride? Maybe the client was like, "I'll just come pick you up." She would've trusted him, because she had become "chummy" with him.

Or, if you want to entertain the cab driver scenario, maybe she was waiting on a cab to pick her up?

Why didn't she want a ride from JT? That's odd to me.

Just wondering.

Yes, that is how she was last seen. And, it was because of her many cats that it was discovered that she hadn't returned, IIRC.

I've always wondered about a livery service. I even put up a few posts with MSM news stories about family run operations where the drivers were basically the pimps... even branding the women.

Cell phone towers would indicate if she ultimately traveled to LI by train or car. Theres cameras on the bridges and the railroad. If she went by car LE could have calculated what time the car she was in went over the bridge. Let the camaras do the rest. Does anybody know what time of day or night she was last seen in the Bx?

Cell phone towers would indicate if she ultimately traveled to LI by train or car. Theres cameras on the bridges and the railroad. If she went by car LE could have calculated what time the car she was in went over the bridge. Let the camaras do the rest. Does anybody know what time of day or night she was last seen in the Bx?

BBM

All I have is "afternoon" per Kolker's book:

Melissa was seen alive that afternoon, July 12, sitting on the curb outside her building on Underhill Avenue in the Bronx. Her phone records show a call to Blaze that evening, under a minute long. It might have gone to voice mail. Blaze would later say that he knew Melissa had lined up another thousand-dollar date the next night, somewhere on Long Island. He even said he knew the place and knew of the john . But he said that Melissa was working on her own ; he’d offered her a ride that she’d declined.

Kolker, Robert (2013-07-09). Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery (p. 108). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.

Presuming CPH is not guilty, then MB's family would be the only family who was contacted by the killer and this seems very important (imo). When Amanda visited Melissa in NYC she doesn't remember meeting anyone that seemed to stand out, so... what if he knew both of them before MB began working in NY? What about TT who has an address 5 houses away??

Yeah, I know this isn't quite as freakishly interesting as the drifter/master/vendetta crew.

MB friends mother was killed also. To close for comfort.

I've been thinking about this a lot sense it was brought to my attention.

Either John Terry is over exaggerating. Or this is really weird. I mean the phone calls to the sister ended rather soon and I can't remember exactly but he made something like only 5-6 phone calls to her sister. Yet for 8 months he continued to call JT? Over 30 times?

What's up with that?

Also MB had a date lined up with a married man that she never showed up for. I can't find anywhere when that date was planned for. But I am assuming it was pretty close to the time she went missing. So if she was going to an all night call on long island for a large amount of money then why would she set up another date?

Im starting to really believe that she left. Went for a call. Got done with that call and was on her way to another one. Either set up by the killer him self or being stalked and watched till the perfect moment came along to snatch her up off the streets.

This is the first time (That I remember) hearing that she had a date with a married man and never showed up. I must've missed that. Can you please share a link? Thank you!

Is it possible Melissa and Maureen were not killed on Long Island? Maybe they were killed in one of the Boros then transported to Long Island for disposal. Maybe he told MB she would be going to Long Island because he knew he was going to dump her there.

Alot of the focus has been on LI. Maybe that was a mistake. Melissas disapperance was on the news. Is it possible the killer picked his last two victims on LI to avoid traveling from the city to LI with them? That would be dead or alive.

'Just found this (although it's dated Oct 2013). I'm unable to access additional info.

United States of America v. Terry
Defendant: A Rodriguez and M Baptiste
Defendant - Appellant: Johnny Terry, AKA Blaze

Case Number: 13-3759
Filed: October 4, 2013

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/circuit-courts/ca2/13-3759

I have a Pacer account and checked the status of the case. The parties stipulated to dismiss the appeal.
Terry was sentenced to 46 months. Anything in particular you are looking for?

I have a Pacer account and checked the status of the case. The parties stipulated to dismiss the appeal.
Terry was sentenced to 46 months. Anything in particular you are looking for?

Nearly four years of his life gone. What an idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What were the federal charges against Johnny Terry and when were the original charges filed?

What were the federal charges against Johnny Terry and when were the original charges filed?

01/25/2013- COMPLAINT filed as to Johnny Terry (1), Alfredo Rodriguez (2), Maurice Baptiste (3). In Violation of 21 U.S.C. 841 (a) (1), 841 (b) (1) (A) and 846; 18 U.S.C. 1951 (Possession with Intent to Distribute a Controlled Substance; Hobbs Act Robbery)

There is nursing home/rehab center on Underhill where Melissa lived. I wonder if this relates?
Bronx Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare
1010 Underhill Ave
New York, NY 10472

I'd be interested to know where in the BX Bittrolff's parents are from. I wonder if it's in the section Melissa lived.

There is nursing home/rehab center on Underhill where Melissa lived. I wonder if this relates?
Bronx Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare
1010 Underhill Ave
New York, NY 10472

I'd be interested to know where in the BX Bittrolff's parents are from. I wonder if it's in the section Melissa lived.

Not sure I understand how this would relate? That place is for physical rehabilitation, not drug rehab. :)

Not sure I understand how this would relate? That place is for physical rehabilitation, not drug rehab. :)

Right i thought it could relate to the manorville males (surgical staples etc) FI legs with scars (fasciomity?), the man with severe scoliosis (I dont even remember where he was in suffolk but late 90's), etc since it is a physical rehab so close to melissa's apt just pointing it out. It's also a nursing home so i thought about possibility that SK visits someone there.

I think it's actually on her block or atleast it's at Underhill between by Watson which I read is where she lived.

After some observation I've come up with a theory.....IF the calls actually came from Penn and where not "spoofed" to look like they were.....then it doesn't make sense to me the SK wouldnt be on video. If he was actually calling from Penn he would be on video. I believe the calls came around 9 in the evening...honestly Penn is crowded...but it's not that crowded that you couldn't pick a serial killer out on the phone if you had multiple dates when hes on camera making the calls. This is assuming he's right outside penn station making the calls? I dont see him walking thru penn saying that stuff...and he clearly cant say that stuff in a crowd with people all around him.....he's not gonna stand alone on the corner and make the calls in clear view of the street cameras is he? Is he walking or is he driving around the block of Penn? If he was driving theyd get a liscense plate.....so here's my theory.

Now...if you remember the killer was described as drunk by Terry. I'm assuming some of the calls to terry came from Penn but we dont know do we? Now I think the killer is an obsessive phone user...he's the guy who calls you a million times when you don't answer. He's got Obsessive Phone Disorder. Any girl who has dated him would pick up on this and all his friends would describe him as super annoying cuz he calls too much....the problem becoems exascerbated when he's drinking. SO I believe he was drinking when he made the calls to Amanda too. He's get really drunk and cant resist the urge to call.

On the south west corner of Penn Station is 31th street and 8th avenue. If i had to make a guess...my opinion is that the SK liquors up outside penn then makes the calls. Now there;s two bars one block from Penn which stand out to me as possible drinking holes of the SK. One is called the Blarney Stone and the other is Taboo. There both 2 divey type bars one block from Penn. They got alot traffic from the street rat types...the people who hang out around Penn seem to frequent and favor these two bars. There are always people standing outside, smoking...talking...everyone seems to know each other. They are literally steps from Penn. My personal theory...is that the SK frequents/ed one of these two bars. I think it's even possible he made the calls from inside from the bar bathroom when he was alone. The phone would ping at penn and I dont think it would be able to pinpoint to the exact bar since they are like 200 feet from the entrance to Penn. There's also always homeless/destitute people on this block outside usually right outside of the blarney stone and taboo. The killer might even have picked some unidentified victims from this exact spot.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/blarney-stone-new-york-3
http://www.yelp.com/biz/taboo-lounge-new-york

What I would do is visit these two establishments. Find a bartender who has worked here for 5 years (not likely but possible). Or find a local who drinks there everyday for years (def probable) Ask them about the regulars or someone who used to frequent. You;d be looking for someone who once they get drunk..starts to show their true colors. Any little slip up the SK made when drunk might be remembered by someone. Ask for someone who talks about "*advertiser censored*" when drunk. But more importantly....as the bartender/locals who is always on the phone? A drunk obsessive phone caller might be remembered by them. Not a serial texter...which everyone under 30 would match the description....but someone who was/is constantly making phone CALLS...which is rare in this day and age. The killer is older than the texting age. He's calling and calling and calling when drunk....

I would not be surprised to find the SK sitting in one of these bars getting drunk on this very night!

One more thing.....didn't Melissa work right outside the LACE strip club at 48th street? http://www.yelp.com/biz/lace-midtown-new-york
I'm absolutely positive the SK frequented this strip club. And did he really pay cash every single time over all those years of going there? No his credit card info is at LACE. Sloppy sloppy sloppy Mickey Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper