Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the article? It states that Cheryl is shown leaving a few minutes later. I posted the article and quote twice, along with steelman.

Must have read it with one eye if it stated that. If you have time, can you re-post it because I missed it.

I posted this last night. Steelman posted the same thing this morning.
@teatime

I guess this didn't work. Let me get the link again.

HERE IS THE LINK ABOUT MD AND CD ON THE SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM.

Hopefully no one misses it this time. :)

http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160216/NEWS01/160219330&template=MobileArt

Quoting the link:

A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m.

Is there a possibility that somehow she was hit by a car and they dumped her body to cover up an accident? I keep thinking about Linnea Veinotte

Is there a possibility that somehow she was hit by a car and they dumped her body to cover up an accident? I keep thinking about Linnea Veinotte
This is the only way I can explain an "accident" however, why on earth would she be walking there? And at that time, I don't think someone could get away with hitting her near the park and ride and getting her into their vehicle.

As far as suicides go, insurance will usually pay claims as long as the policy has been in effect for a certain length of time. Usually two years, I believe. So insurance is not necessarily an issue in how a death appears. Jmo. Not commenting with regards to this case, just in general.

That said...we all know from here at WS that suicides can comes seemingly out of the blue with no real clues to loved ones and no apparent depression or distress.

I don't think it's a suicide either.

If you believe she killed herself because she's horribly distraught or depressed due to a conflict or revelation about her husband (betrayal/divorce/whatever), yet you also think she goes to great lengths to leave herself in a culvert so it doesn't look like suicide and he can collect her insurance... how can those 2 things both be true? She appeared to be a very nice, sweet, kind person - but that's asking a lot of her.

(And even if you think she might have been distraught over something else - I still can't see suicide.)

I don't know if we ever learned where she normally parked. I assumed she normally went to the transit center parking lot to meet her carpool friends, but she didn't make it there that day because she realized she had to head home and get her badge. That is my assumption only though.

OZ

I am inclined to believe it is NOT suicide, but it's impossible to ignore as a possibility at this point due to how the ME chose to disclose info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@teatime

I guess this didn't work. Let me get the link again.

FOR THE 4TH TIME, HERE IS THE LINK ABOUT MD AND CD ON THE SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM.

Hopefully no one misses it this time. :)

http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160216/NEWS01/160219330&template=MobileArt

Quoting the link:

A surveillance system at the DeBoer’s home shows her husband leaving the house around 6:50 a.m. Feb. 8, a few minutes before Cheryl. He arrived at this work in Mukilteo around 7:15 a.m.

Sorry, it's probably my fault for asking in the first place. I did read this exact wording and it wasn't super clear to me that the surveillance video showed CD too. I had been hearing it was her husband who said that she left right before 7, not that she was caught on video at that point. But if the world is agreeing that this wording actually states that CD was shown on video leaving a few mins after MD, cool with me. Was hoping for a stronger confirmation, but it works well enough.

What if they have DNA,blood, or fingerprint evidence they are waiting on tests for? They had to outsource the forensics to the State Patrol Crime Lab. Maybe they don't want to release anything until this gets back. Maybe by being vague and not committing to Homicide they give the bad guy a little slack to think his counter forensic move of the water dump worked.

If I had to guess, she was sexually assaulted and body dumped after being accosted. U til there is evidence I'm wrong I'll believe this. The lack of communication from LE means they are waiting for something. Maybe a rape kit? We al know those can take a while.

I hate to imagine her being through that, but it's what my gut tells me. So until there is new evidence or statements from LE or more court documents that come to light I don't think my mind will change. The police have been very deliberate. I don't think we'll ever know what happened until they want us to.

Sorry, it's probably my fault for asking in the first place. I did read this exact wording and it wasn't super clear to me that the surveillance video showed CD too. I had been hearing it was her husband who said that she left right before 7, not that she was caught on video at that point. But if the world is agreeing that this wording actually states that CD was shown on video leaving a few mins after MD, cool with me. Was hoping for a stronger confirmation, but it works well enough.

No, don't be sorry. I agree that this is somewhat ambiguous. I actually believe it's purposeful. I just wanted to get the article out there to be clear about what was said. :) I wish we could have further discussion about this. Not sure if we can.

What if they have DNA,blood, or fingerprint evidence they are waiting on tests for? They had to outsource the forensics to the State Patrol Crime Lab. Maybe they don't want to release anything until this gets back. Maybe by being vague and not committing to Homicide they give the bad guy a little slack to think his counter forensic move of the water dump worked.

If I had to guess, she was sexually assaulted and body dumped after being accosted. U til there is evidence I'm wrong I'll believe this. The lack of communication from LE means they are waiting for something. Maybe a rape kit? We al know those can take a while.

I hate to imagine her being through that, but it's what my gut tells me. So until there is new evidence or statements from LE or more court documents that come to light I don't think my mind will change. The police have been very deliberate. I don't think we'll ever know what happened until they want us to.

If they are waiting on forensic evidence, like fingerprints & or DNA, there could possibly be fingerprints & DNA there that can be explained away. [emoji16] So then we'll all be by to square one.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

"Police Commander Kevin Pickhard said investigators found the stains on the passenger seat of DeBoer's Subaru and also on the inside passenger door. They will undergo lab testing."

http://q13fox.com/2016/02/16/m-e-co...-woman-but-says-cause-of-death-still-pending/

Sounds like more blood than a couple of self inflicted finger cuts.

She was put in the passenger side of the car? Body rubbed against the door on the way in?

I really think the badge being forgotten was just that, she forgot her badge. I don't think that made the day soooo much odder than any other. After all, we don't know if she was the forgetful type. And, even if she wasn't, people forget stuff. I have the same routine in morning before work and then another at work to make sure I remember everything I need - car keys, phone, work badge, atm card, etc. but every once in a great while something throws me off and I forget something. I'd hate to think that me randomly forgetting my badge would send people off on conspiracy theories.

The badge is the catalyst for other things though, like the text messages, perhaps her getting out of the car to search for it, (ladies, have you ever hit the brakes quick and hard and had your purse go flying onto the floor and everything in it ends up on the floor, under the seat, etc.?) or, along the suicide line, just one more thing to set her off on the wrong path. But, despite it being the thing that accounts for these other things happening, I really think she simply forgot it, it wasn't staged or planned.

The realizing perhaps she forgot the badge could be what triggered her to pull over where she did. Nothing says she had to parallel park the car. If the street doesn't fill up until after the lots are typically a lot fuller, then she could have just pulled over in front of another car with no other car in front of hers until later. I can totally understand not wanting to go all the way to the park in ride and get stuck in the traffic there only to realize she really had forgotten the badge and I can also understand not just turning around and heading home because why do that until you've confirmed you really don't have the badge.

I 100% believe she sent the text messages. Everything up until the moment after she hits send on the last text message makes sense to me. I don't think someone else sent them or made her send them. She got up, got ready for work, left, at some point thought oh shoot, I might have forgotten my badge so she pulled over, either confirmed first that she indeed didn't have it and sent the text messages or assuming she didn't have it and would be late, sent the messages and then started looking for the badge and then next??????

I had a suicide vibe with the Illinois cop last year and sorta get that same vibe here but it's not as clear cut. He shot himself and was found where he was last heard from. That's a lot different than ending up over a mile away in a culvert. The report of the self inflicted wounds just sounds to me like they are preparing people to find out she committed suicide.

If not suicide, I would lean more towards random act. I had thought perhaps she was struck while sitting in her car texting but I would think that would have left a bruise and/or wound which would have been reported at the very least as that she had signs of trauma on her body. Something makes me think her body was there from sometime that morning on but I can't pinpoint why it is I feel that way. And yes, I totally get dumping a body during daylight makes no sense or is unlikely but I just feel like everything happened in a very short time frame that morning right after her last text message.

Backing up what cluciano63 said, insurance companies usually pay out for suicide, unless insurance fraud is suspected or it happens before the contestability period:

http://www.insurancelibrary.com/life-insurance/does-life-insurance-pay-out-for-suicide

So re: theories that she committed suicide and covered it up so her family would get her life insurance: unlikely.

That doesn't necessarily rule out suicide, though it makes it more improbable.

The only reason suicide seems possible to me is the possibility that cause of death isn't clear. Surely a murder would be more obvious, as she was found quickly, in my opinion. How would she be killed so that they cannot tell (if they can't) ? Hard to imagine some careful, covert method would be used in this scenario.

The only reason suicide seems possible to me is the possibility that cause of death isn't clear. Surely a murder would be more obvious, as she was found quickly, in my opinion. How would she be killed so that they cannot tell (if they can't) ? Hard to imagine some careful, covert method would be used in this scenario.
Strangulation. I think at times, if the body has been in water, strangulation can be difficult to detect.

Like many on here I am having trouble with Cheryl's case. From the word go, I was out of the gates thinking about a domestic connection. Statistically and often logically that is where our brains go: love can turn to hate. We can't understand it but we kind of accept the volatility of human emotion and so the domestic connection is believable. When this kind of theory was debunked, many of us, and perhaps the police too, looked around for the next usual suspect: self.

Cheryl's case follows a year that has been pretty busy on Websleuths with many seemingly happy, middle-aged women taking their lives, often discovered after a lengthy period of "missing". Again, we maybe don't understand it but we have an awareness of the despair and depression that some people experience. We shuffle the parts of the puzzle, the evidence, the time-frames and try to make it work. I've tried to make it work in my head and it's really, really hard to understand the "why now?", the "why here?".

I think the reason our brains work like this is because the alternative theory is so very hard to accept and understand. That a normal, happy, employed woman living a low-risk life fumbles in her purse outside a library and is whisked away and killed by a stranger. It makes us all very vulnerable and at a time when fear is already controlling so much of our lives, it really does seem wrong and totally incomprehensible.

As a woman approaching my 50's, I have been considering myself less and less of a potential victim of an attack (sexual or otherwise) and perhaps this is very naive. I have travelled widely and I'm street smart, but for sure, in Cheryl's position (if this did all happen outside her local library at 7am) I would have felt safe.

I hope we have some answers soon. The case of Cheryl weighs heavy on my heart and head.
Goodnight all,
X

I would not say Mountlake a terrace has a huge homeless population. There are "encampments" on the inter urban trail but usually that is one or two people. Beggars mostly.

That "town" is so small if you blink on the freeway you've missed it. Plus with the police station next door they would pain people closer to the trail. This area is a suburb of Seattle. Almost where people move once they get married and have kids so they have a yard. Most residents are older long term with some young families moving in. It has stayed relatively unchanged over the years. Not far from the water [Puget Sound] (15 minutes).

Things like his don't happen here. They aren't supposed to.

A car accident is breaking news. A murder of this caliber is unheard of.

I checked the statistics on neighborhoodscout.com (not sure how reliable) but it says they have 1 murder a year.

Barely anything. That could be vehicular manslaughter for all we know. 18 reported assaults. 3 rapes. 18 robbery.

It's a small place. Population 20817.

This specific area is mixed--nice parts and not-so-nice parts. It's many things, but I wouldn't call MLT sleepy. Veterans Memorial Park is scary and not particularly safe. I mentioned in the first thread that my nieces' brownie troop had an outing there and found a gun. Someone else in the neighborhood stated that transients are known to be in the park. It wasn't all that long ago that a victim of a gang killing was found in Lake Ballinger. My sister teaches in CD's neighborhood and another sister lives between the transit center and CD's house. I've been asking if MLT has changed so much since I moved from that area to Seattle and everyone I ask says no. It's still mixed and there are still problems with drugs and other crimes.

This specific area is mixed--nice parts and not-so-nice parts. It's many things, but I wouldn't call MLT sleepy. Veterans Memorial Park is scary and not particularly safe. I mentioned in the first thread that my nieces' brownie troop had an outing there and found a gun. Someone else in the neighborhood stated that transients are known to be in the park. It wasn't all that long ago that a victim of a gang killing was found in Lake Ballinger. My sister teaches in CD's neighborhood and another sister lives between the transit center and CD's house. I've been asking if MLT has changed so much since I moved from that area to Seattle and everyone I ask says no. It's still mixed and there are still problems with drugs and other crimes.

Just my own personal vibe and I can't back it up with anything, but I don't feel QUITE as safe in MLT or Lynnwood as I do in Bothell. That is not at all to say that I don't feel safe. Just not quite as safe. I think this is actually a pretty accurate portrayal of MLT for the uninitiated, though, not the very very best part of an overall area that is setting a fairly high bar. I was honestly shocked when I moved from the North end to the South end for a few years.

ETA OMG about that body in Lake Ballinger, that was a young woman, right? My sister's high school friend found her. Wow my sister knew a lot of people in high school who ended up in the news o_O;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenJenny