Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they know, too. But I think it's reasonable not to tell us yet, if they are trying to get through an investigation. I don't think they would hold back for the hell of it.

didnt they say something like " when we do finally tell you will know why we held back" or something to that effect

didnt they say something like " when we do finally tell you will know why we held back" or something to that effect
Yes. That's another reason why I have faith in them. I tend to believe that statement.

Let me see if I can spell this out a little clearer.

Law enforcement knows how Cheryl died. Whether it was a murder, a suicide, a fall, a boating accident or a combination of all four.

They know how she died.

How come you don't know how she died ? How come I don't know how she died ? Why doesn't the community and the public know how she died ?

I'm not asking for the name of a suspect or his home address. I'm not asking for them to reveal who a person of interest might be.
I'm not asking to know what evidence they gathered. I'm not asking who the witnesses are and who saw what.

How did she die ?..............................Pickard .........what's so hard about that question ?

if they could just say to the community "we know who did this and are watching them, the communitys safe, we are just waiting for reports to back up our evidence before we prosecute or something", i think the community would feel 10xs better. and seeing how they wouldnt be saying WHO the suspect is, they wouldnt be jeopardizing anything, right? do crimes like this tend to be told how they passed within a month?

It seems that, increasingly, law enforcement is viewed as an occupation that requires nothing more than a uniform and a gun. As such, many people assume that they know better than that uniformed person. Every profession has some people who make mistakes, but I think it's a mistake to assume that law enforcement persons, in general, lack reasons for their decisions.

The public may be curious about how someone died, what their last minutes were like, and so forth, but the family has the right to ensure that those details are withheld if the death is suicide. If the death is murder, withholding those details greatly improves the probability of a successful prosecution, and the public release and debate of those details can seriously impair a prosecution (case in point: OJ Simpson, the child murderer in Florida).

Releasing details about a suspect can impair the ability of law enforcement to successfully gather more evidence. Joran van der Sloot is a good example of this. Media interference in the police investigation gave the suspect the upper hand, and he was never prosecuted for the murder that he committed.

On the up side, with nothing being released, at least we are not being drowned in inaccurate information through the media :notgood:
Its hard to pull it back after it is out there

OK this is weird. I was searching the Snohomish county ME web site and stumbled across this. Forgive me as it is unrelated to CD, about the possible kidnapping on Larch Way and Poplar way in Lynnwood discussed many times on this thread. Description matches the possible suspect in the recent possible kidnapping, was within 4 miles of the location BUT happened almost a year ago to the date!!?? Again, forgive me but this was interesting. Besides, not much happening here on CD. http://snohomishcountywa.gov/archive.aspx?amid=&type=&adid=4147

It seems that, increasingly, law enforcement is viewed as an occupation that requires nothing more than a uniform and a gun. As such, many people assume that they know better than that uniformed person. Every profession has some people who make mistakes, but I think it's a mistake to assume that law enforcement persons, in general, lack reasons for their decisions.

The public may be curious about how someone died, what their last minutes were like, and so forth, but the family has the right to ensure that those details are withheld if the death is suicide. If the death is murder, withholding those details greatly improves the probability of a successful prosecution, and the public release and debate of those details can seriously impair a prosecution (case in point: OJ Simpson, the child murderer in Florida).

Releasing details about a suspect can impair the ability of law enforcement to successfully gather more evidence. Joran van der Sloot is a good example of this. Media interference in the police investigation gave the suspect the upper hand, and he was never prosecuted for the murder that he committed.

Santa Anna california cops must be desperate cause they hired a friend of mines son that I wouldnt be caught within 100 miles of him knowing he had a gun in his possession. We shall see how it all works out he is in training now for 6 months but really i was shocked he passed the psychological if they still give those to new hires

Add me to the list of those who have not been impressed with the Mountlake Terrace Police Department. For several days this week and last, citizens calling with tips or questions about the case were transferred by the receptionist to Detective Heidi Froisland's voice mail. They were not first informed by the receptionist nor in Froisland's voice mail message that she was out of the office for several days. It was only the few callers who transferred out of the voice mail and asked if they could hold for Froisland who were informed she was out for several days for "training." Ditto with those trying to reach her supervisor last week. Froisland is back in the office today.

Greetings Otto! I believe this as well. Whenever there is no information from the police that is when I feel there is much movement happening in the case. I hope and pray that is the case here.

Add me to the list of those who have not been impressed with the Mountlake Terrace Police Department. For several days this week and last, citizens calling with tips or questions about the case were transferred by the receptionist to Detective Heidi Froisland's voice mail. They were not first informed by the receptionist nor in Froisland's voice mail message that she was out of the office for several days. It was only the few callers who transferred out of the voice mail and asked if they could hold for Froisland who were informed she was out for several days for "training." Ditto with those trying to reach her supervisor last week. Froisland is back in the office today.

I hear your frustration and that of others; however, the only people that should be calling right now are those with tips on a crime. To call with questions about this case is really just clogging up the police department's phone lines.

Commander Pickard was upfront from the beginning letting us know there was sensitive material attached to this case and that he hoped we would understand when it was divulged.

We were told it was safe. Later we were refreshed on daily reminders that apply to all of us; be aware of your surroundings, if you see/hear something unusual report it, walk with confidence, avoid dimly lit areas, tell someone where you are and when you expect to come home.

Let's be patient and let the police department do their job and not tear them down. Not a good thing!

Santa Anna california cops must be desperate cause they hired a friend of mines son that I wouldnt be caught within 100 miles of him knowing he had a gun in his possession. We shall see how it all works out he is in training now for 6 months but really i was shocked he passed the psychological if they still give those to new hires
as of a few years ago, they give psychological tests to dispatchers, i almost became one before i missed my final interview. so, i imagine they would do the same to cops. however, anyone who is intelligent (especially psychopaths) could probably pass one of those tests, it seems to be a series of questions.

Let's be patient and let the police department do their job and not tear them down. Not a good thing!

I don't wish to tear down the entire department, but, at the very least, their recent telephone responsiveness in this case has been poor. In considerate and responsive office settings, a receptionist will tell a caller that the person to whom they wish to speak is out for several days, but his or her voice mail is available. The person's voice mail would also disclose that fact. We have no idea at this point how many possible callers with leads wanted to remain anonymous and thus didn't wish to leave a message on voice mail, got sent to voice mail by the receptionist for several days, assumed that Detective Froisland doesn't ever pick up her phone, and just gave up.

I am confused as to how tox results will provide manner of death. If anything, seems like they could cause more of a muddle. If LE already knows HOW she died (cause) as our verified member indicated (if I am not mistaken) I am wondering how knowing what, if anything, was in her system will point to manner (homicide, suicide, natural or accidental). Jmo

I agree.
The fact that the police are still asking for the public's help with this case and yet sending phone traffic through to an unmanned voicemail (of an absent officer) is not only discourteous, it is borderline dangerous. I wonder how many bonafide and perhaps time-sensitive tips may be missed this way?
Sheesh.

I don't see how calling the investigators over and over if you do not have new information to add to the case is a constructive use of their time. There are other channels including Crime Stoppers and 911 where people who have actual information to report. One would hope that the investigator wouldn't be sitting next to the phone all day waiting for a tip and actually out investigating... I think "training" would also be a valid reason to not be at her desk if this increased her investigational abilities.

I don't see how calling the investigators over and over if you do not have new information to add to the case is a constructive use of their time. There are other channels including Crime Stoppers and 911 where people who have actual information to report. One would hope that the investigator wouldn't be sitting next to the phone all day waiting for a tip and actually out investigating... I think "training" would also be a valid reason to not be at her desk if this increased her investigational abilities.

True, but how do you know that the caller doesn't have new information?
The quoted comment states citizens calling with tips OR questions

I have no idea where eucalyptuz found the above tribute, however it is easy to find by googling. No need to visit any FB pages

It is on line and has been since Feb 20th

There are other channels including Crime Stoppers and 911 where people who have actual information to report.

The Crime Stoppers 800 number and 911 track the caller's phone number. Many people with tips wish to remain anonymous. In addition, there are other longtime concerns about using Puget Sound Crime Stoppers, which, as in many municipalities, is not operated locally. These calls are forwarded to a contracted call center in another location. Often, the caller finds himself or herself having speaking to a telephone agent has no vested local interest, has not heard of the cities and counties involved, doesn't understand the local culture, and hasn't heard about the crime. The Crime Stoppers website lists the Cheryl DeBoer case as "CSOPS #220." Distraught callers should not have to spell Snohomish, explain that Mountlake is one word rather than two, or refer to Cheryl as a number.

For what it's worth, lavaland is a brand new member. Probably family or friend, and probably quite overwhelmed with emotion by the discussions here.

Lavaland, we welcome you.

If you are an "insider" please consider going through the verification process to become verified.

And please accept our apologies. No one here would intentionally hurt your feelings.

It must be frustrating as a family member or friend, to stumble across this website. While this may be a "hobby" to us it is reality for them. I appreciate that the person who originally posted the link (sorry, I can't remember who!!) offered to take it down. I think that is the kind of gentleness we should use in treating subjects like this. It also takes some people by surprise that so much info is readily and publicly available. It just takes people to look for things.

As an aside to the family members and friends, people who are here are just searching for answers, probably much like yourself. Several of us are local and have concerns and fears that we're trying to make sense of. It is heartwarming to see how many loved and cared so much for Cheryl and to "get to know" her a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper