Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, this isn't about making the parents feel worse. (I'm not even really sure if they do feel bad about their role.) It is about being vocal so that even if one parent hears this and heeds the warning inherent in a case like this it could save one child from a horrendous fate. We can't help poor Jenise anymore. But we can be outraged on her behalf. Though I'm not saying you, or anyone else, has to agree. And I think that we can place blame on the actual murderer without shutting up about our thoughts on negligence, imho. It shouldn't be either/or.

Exactly!:clap::clap::clap: [modsnip]

Seventeen year old male. Six year old girl. There is nothing "minor" about this creep. Try him as an adult, string him to a tree and castrate him.

As a parent who has lost a child, I can tell you that you feel blame no matter what. Even if you did everything completely right, there is still a part of you that wonders if there is something more you could have done. Jenise's parents have been through enough and will blame themselves enough, without everyone else jumping on them too.

The eternal "what if?" and "if only" and most of all "why?!"

My heart aches for all of those who loved this little girl.

:grouphug:

YES!!! I knew they would get this perp. Now, the question is, were there others.

We got the best on this case.

and were there other ''incidents'' involving the perp and kids at the park......KWIM

But isn't blaming the parents like blaming a rape victim for being out at 11:30 at night wearing a short skirt? We should be able to be out in our communities without being raped or murdered.
Not all alone at age 6!!! My daughter is 13 and isn't allowed to travel anywhere all by herself. I'm a helicopter parent and proud of it because my daughter is alive and safe and I know where she is at all times! Walking home alone is NOT necessary to becoming an independent adult!!!

But they did not do everything right; they did everything wrong. They did the opposite of what any parent would do who wanted their child to be safe. This is not a tragic case of "what ifs". This is beyond that. These parents greatly increased Jenise's likelihood to be the victim of something like this by their neglect. No doubt they are suffering horribly, but I personally do not think that is "enough" if their neglect was criminal.

I do not get it. Parents can be charged with criminal neglect of a child by doing this even if nothing happened to the child. So when something does happen, now suddenly they are "victims" and are totally off the hook because "they are suffering enough?"

Bull.

They didn't do EVERYTHING wrong. They let her wander too freely. It looks to me like they kept her clean, well-fed, boosted her self-confidence, enjoyed her as the baby of the family, etc. IMHO, were it not for a sicko, this girl was headed for a great life filled with joy and wonder.

Retweeted by #Q13FOX News
Tina Patel ‏@tina_patel 8m
Mobile home residents shocked that a neighbor has been arrested for Jenise Wright's death. #Q13Fox

I'm not a local resident, but I have to say that I am not shocked in the least that police have arrested a teenage boy MHP resident. Like several others posted, this is the exact type of perp I was expecting. :(

I wonder if he acted alone or if there will be an additional arrest(s). I also wonder if anyone covered for him, such as his parents, or if they turned him in (like the mother of Jessica Ridgeway's killer did). Or, does it come down to good, strong police work? It seems the perp consented to a cheek swab when LE was doing the DNA sweep of the MHP, since DNA evidence led them to him...

And, Jenise...my heart aches. Rape hurts, very much emotionally, but also physically. The pain of rape on her tiny 6-year old body must have been terrible. I pray she lost consciousness from the pain or from shock, so she did not have to be conscious for the full duration of the attack. She must have been so very terrified and wishing so much someone was there to save and protect her. </3

Statistically, the odds of these things happening may be small, but as a parent, I am extremely attentive to my kids & conscious of their safety. They never wander the neighborhood alone. They don't have sleepovers, unless the kids come to my house. They don't play with teenagers. Etc., etc. My kids will never experience the things I did as a child (and, unlike poor Jenise, I lived!) because I will be that suspicious, cautious, won't-cut-the-cord parent if that's what it takes to keep them safe. I wish it was a free range, safe world, but it's not.

I hope the 17yo rots. I don't know if WA has the DP, but this is one of those cases where I would happily send the perp in front of a firing squad myself.

I also hope that if/when J's parents get custody of their other kids back, they will alter their parenting practices & take steps to keep their remaining children safe.

Rest in peace, sweet Jenise. Fly with the angels.

This family lost it's baby girl. Neglect from parenting or what not. They LOST A CHILD!!! Their daughter/sister is dead!

A 17 year old boy preyed upon a 6 year old girl. Yes, he might have had more opportunity because of her parenting, but let's be honest, if it wasn't her, it would have been another young girl.

It is time to put blame where it is deserved!!! Squarely on the shoulders of those that COMMIT the actual crimes. This boy raped and killed a 6 year old.

Nothing else should matter at this point.

Lay off the parents, now. Remember we are victim friendly, and the parents are considered victims here. Just because they didn't do things the way someone else would have, doesn't mean that they didn't love and care about their daughter.

Take a break if you need too, but leave the parents alone now.

Salem

I'm not a local resident, but I have to say that I am not shocked in the least that police have arrested a teenage boy MHP resident. Like several others posted, this is the exact type of perp I was expecting. :(

I wonder if he acted alone or if there will be an additional arrest(s). I also wonder if anyone covered for him, such as his parents, or if they turned him in (like the mother of Jessica Ridgeway's killer did). Or, does it come down to good, strong police work? It seems the perp consented to a cheek swab when LE was doing the DNA sweep of the MHP, since DNA evidence led them to him...

And, Jenise...my heart aches. Rape hurts, very much emotionally, but also physically. The pain of rape on her tiny 6-year old body must have been terrible. I pray she lost consciousness from the pain or from shock, so she did not have to be conscious for the full duration of the attack. She must have been so very terrified and wishing so much someone was there to save and protect her. </3

Statistically, the odds of these things happening may be small, but as a parent, I am extremely attentive to my kids & conscious of their safety. They never wander the neighborhood alone. They don't have sleepovers, unless the kids come to my house. They don't play with teenagers. Etc., etc. My kids will never experience the things I did as a child (and, unlike poor Jenise, I lived!) because I will be that suspicious, cautious, won't-cut-the-cord parent if that's what it takes to keep them safe. I wish it was a free range, safe world, but it's not.

I hope the 17yo rots. I don't know if WA has the DP, but this is one of those cases where I would happily send the perp in front of a firing squad myself.

I also hope that if/when J's parents get custody of their other kids back, they will alter their parenting practices & take steps to keep their remaining children safe.

Rest in peace, sweet Jenise. Fly with the angels.

The Supreme Court outlawed the death penalty for any perp under the age of 18. This killer won't get the DP.

Murder in the 2nd degree ?? Just seems like this was premeditated, to me. He had to have noticed poor Jenise wandering out and about all alone. But then, suddenly, he decides to murder her ?

Of course, we are not privy to the interview of the perp.
:moo:

WARNING GRAPHIC

I took this to mean he accidentally killed her while committing his felony rape. The rape likely was premeditated. I believe he lured her into the woods, raped her, and either smothered her trying to make her be quiet, or caused her to aspirate mud.

Sorry. I hate writing that. But that's why I think the 2 charges relating to her death are 2nd degree, and then (lesser included) manslaughter.

Without all the details, would it change anyone's mind about the patents blame if you found out the 17 year old took Jenice from her home at 4 in the morning and she was dead before the parents woke up?
It's possible their negligence had nothing to with it.
I realize it's unlikely but go with it.

As a mother, as a grandmother, I am going to hold my tongue and simply see this as a learning experience. I will tell my daughters about this as a lesson for them to be vigilant in supervising and protecting my granddaughters.

Rest in paradise, little angel. I'm sorry you were not protected.

To be honest, I'm torn about the blame question, & actually agree with some of both sides of this argument. I have no desire to bash this family, though. They have to be going through hell.

Does anyone know who the District Attorney is for this area?

Seventeen year old male. Six year old girl. There is nothing "minor" about this creep. Try him as an adult, string him to a tree and castrate him.

ITA. I'm so angry right now.

LE should have released his name at the presser. He is an adult. Imo

Another beautiful, precious little girl gone at the hands of some of the scum of our society. Why is the murder only 2nd degree, when he kidnapped the girl, raped her, and killed her? Seems like it should be 1st degree murder to me and he should be tried as an adult. I wonder what kind of a family and life the 17 year old came from that would make him want to do something so horrible? We can't take our eyes off our children and grandchildren for a second in our society these days. My own daughter was molested by a church worship leader and girls' soccer coach, the father of her best friend. He molested his own daughter too. He got a felony conviction when we went to court. He pleaded no contest so the girls wouldn't have to testify but the charges were lowered a lot.

Natasha Chen Verified Account

@NatashaKIRO7

Suspect in #JeniseWright case is being interviewed. He was arrested at 2:50 at his house. pic.twitter.com/B5QIoDGwkv

11:34 p.m. Sat, Aug 9

I am confused by these times. So was he arrested today or yesterday? Her time stamp is wrong, it says 11:34 PM which would be later tonight.

I am furious, I mean really, who in their right mind lets a SIX year old wander for hours at a time? My kids are 11, 9 and 2 and we live in a quiet neighborhood and I will NEVER let them play outside alone. This poor child never stood a chance.
I just am heartbroken. This should never have had an opportunity. I hope he gets his due nightly in prison.

BBM

My opinion may not be popular, but I am against ALL rape and that includes prison rape.

I am confused by these times. So was he arrested today or yesterday? Her time stamp is wrong, it says 11:34 PM which would be later tonight.

The time stamp must be an issue on your side, because it comes up "4:34pm" for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3