WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for sure that brother was in juvi? If so, if he and Lindsey had a fight before she disappeared....and, mom knew about it.....could she have been afraid that her son would be sent back to juvi? How far would she go to protect her son?

It's been said that Lindsey has a cell phone, but left home without it. In too big a hurry to get out of there? Not enough time to call her friend about staying the night?

My theory is she didn't want to return home. She asked for help from someone and it turned out to be the wrong person to seek shelter with.

Also, if she was really planning on staying the night with her friend, why didn't she take anything with her?

Bump Sundae's post. Thank you Sundae.

I did a search on greyhound and I can't find a stop or ticket counter in McCleary WA.

http://www.greyhound.com/home/TicketCenter/en/locations.asp?state=wa

\Yes, That's one thing we learned last night. The Grays Harbor Transit CO has 93 stops, and it's busses make 6 trips thru McCleary every day. It runs out of Olynpia and hits all the small towns down Hwy 8, stopping in McCleary, Elma, Montesano, Aberdeen, Hoquium, etc.

I never got the scheduling as we figured Lindsay had no money and no bus driver would let her on free at that age. xox

This is the only bus line that I could find for McCleary WA.

Just FYI for the sleuths that are looking at buses right now.

http://ftp.techline.com/infocus/mccleary.htm

NOTE: There is a date of a special being offered in the year 2003, I don't know the last time this website was updated.

Here's a schedule that includes McCleary. http://www.ghtransit.com/40.html#map

The bus would have been at 34d and Maple at 9:10 p.m. headed to the Olympia Greyhound station. Would have arrived at Greyhound at 9:45 p.m.

It's possible.

Thanks Kat!

Salem

I haven't seen it posted yet so this is the map of the Shell and I am posting it for those that are savvy with maps (as I am not LOL) so that they can add that reference point to the route that Lindsey took. We know her home address we just haven't located the address she left to walk home from, and this gives us an idea of where she might have gone missing (the general area).

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...&split=1&gl=us&cid=2645795074079090726&li=lmd

Hope that works if not the address is above in my post # 440

I was just taking it as an example, figuring that whatever bus service went through would have similar policies. I don't think a bus was likely, anyway, but as people were talking about it, just thought I'd check.

I figured that's what you were doing Pearshea :) I came behind you and helped :)

Yes, it is something to rule out I think. I never discount anyone's idea or theories but rather take it and run with it and see where it goes LOL.

Have a good day :) :seeya:

Thanks mom! Isn't this playlist pretty grown up for a 10 year old?

What is the link to this Roxen?

I am (I don't know the right word here) confounded/confused/befuddled at Lindsey's choice of screen names: Disturbed, Twilight Freak and now maybe 33 year old Roxen. At least Roxen sounds like a normal name, the 33 years old makes me go :eek:

But the Disturbed? For a 10-year old? Or Freak? I get the Twilight connection, it is the word Freak that has me pondering what was happening in this little girl's life. She's 10! Most 10/11 year olds would be embrassed to be any kind of Freak. So why would this be part of her screen name? And Disturbed? It seems, to me anyway, that the use of the word Disturbed either shows that Lindsey understands complexity beyond her years or that she was just pulling words out of a hat? Maybe someone helped her pick out these screen names? If so, I would really like to know who helped her pick out "Disturbed"!

Some of this makes me think that there is a "groomer" in her immediate sphere of influence. Some of this stuff is just too grown up for a 10 year old and it makes me think of the Brook Bennet case and the cousin that was under the influence of the stepdad.

I don't think things have progressed to such a point here, but I really think there was something going on with Lindsey.

Just my opinion and I may be way off base, but I find the situation very troubling.

Salem

For the "Disturbed" myspace
music playlists http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.singleplaylist&friendid=402470771&plid=698917
and this...
Myspacedisturbed.jpg

also, another possible myspace http://www.myspace.com/406143315

I'm confused, but that's nothing unusual. :crazy:

Why does that say Roxan age 33, but when you click on it - it brings up her Disturbed profile with age 13??

I'm confused, but that's nothing unusual. :crazy:

Why does that say Roxan age 33, but when you click on it - it brings up her Disturbed profile with age 13??

Must be a tweak for myspace...but there is no doubt in my mind that this lil lady was hangin with older kids, teens and maybe even young adults who still act like teens. Looking at her friends myspace pages I find it very odd that tere is no chatter on them about Lindsey missing...wat's up with that?

I am (I don't know the right word here) confounded/confused/befuddled at Lindsey's choice of screen names: Disturbed, Twilight Freak and now maybe 33 year old Roxen. At least Roxen sounds like a normal name, the 33 years old makes me go :eek:

But the Disturbed? For a 10-year old? Or Freak? I get the Twilight connection, it is the word Freak that has me pondering what was happening in this little girl's life. She's 10! Most 10/11 year olds would be embrassed to be any kind of Freak. So why would this be part of her screen name? And Disturbed? It seems, to me anyway, that the use of the word Disturbed either shows that Lindsey understands complexity beyond her years or that she was just pulling words out of a hat? Maybe someone helped her pick out these screen names? If so, I would really like to know who helped her pick out "Disturbed"!

Some of this makes me think that there is a "groomer" in her immediate sphere of influence. Some of this stuff is just too grown up for a 10 year old and it makes me think of the Brook Bennet case and the cousin that was under the influence of the stepdad.

I don't think things have progressed to such a point here, but I really think there was something going on with Lindsey.

Just my opinion and I may be way off base, but I find the situation very troubling.

Salem

I agree. At ten, my idea of edgy was "On Top of Spaghetti."

I have two nieces that are about 10, and although they are a bit more worldly than I was, this is WAY, WAY beyond anything they'd be into.

Well I feel kinda silly now - the guy listed as her friend on mylife and whos name matches a sex offender in CA is the founder and CEO of mylife.com.

O/T - so he is like Tom? Everyone's 1st friend on myspace? :crazy:

Once I got all excited about making a "friend" connection between 2 myspace pages. But alas, it was just Tom, who is on everyone's myspace unless they figure out how to delete him :) More experienced sleuths had a little fun with that :crazy::)

Salem

Good 'possibility' you bring up SALEM. Could be because MLAchester said she was close to her-had called police from HER house (NOT saying MLAchester is that person at all) but does imply Lindsey has discussed problems at home to 'others' so some other adult may have gained her confidence.

quoting SALEM: Some of this makes me think that there is a "groomer" in her immediate sphere of influence

Salem

I think someone pointed out that older siblings have a way of aging a child, and I think that might be correct here; however, what a MySpace like this does do in terms of a groomer is clearly indicate that she is not a happy-go-lucky child, and, therefore, a much easier target.

I don't know if this helps or doesn't help, but i googled Roxen and came up with a Rock band named Roxen.
http://portal.wateen.com/Entertainm...ngwavesinternationally/tabid/944/Default.aspx

Where did the name Roxen come from?

It is actually a Persian word which means a small window or a hole in a criminal cell from which the light gets in and provides hope and freshness. The basic idea behind the name is that our music is all about hope and freshness and that’s where the word Roxen comes from. So the whole point of making a band and naming it Roxen is to tell what the music signifies.

I found the above rather interesting and i was looking for resembances of 33, maybe a band symbol or how many songs they recorded.....

I do not have access to any Myspace at work here so i go in any other directions i can looking and poking for info.....

There is transit from what I can determine but it's not like greyhound Liz.

Here is the stop and schedule:

http://www.ghtransit.com/40.html

McCleary Station - 3rd & Maple

It looks like it might connect towns? I'm not looking at her getting on a bus, IMHO. I'm just providing info for those that are sleuthing that angle.

ETA: I'm going to go look up the address for the Shell station (IIRC) and see how close it is to the bus stop for those that are sleuthing.

Found the Address for shell: 305 S 3rd St McCleary WA. So she left friends house and never made it to be seen on cameras at the shell? Is that correct?

Thanks for setting me straight, Kat. ;) I edited my post so as not to confuse anyone reading later on.

I hope it's okay to post a snippet posted by a McCleary local, that was on another forum, which I think some of you might find to be useful info:

"The police station was in sight of the main street (3rd street) that she had to cross to get to Mommsen. Keep in mind, even though it is a "main" road, it is not like the traffic you get in bigger cities like Seattle or even nearby Elma. That corner also has a busy gas station on it. I think that someone that came into the gas station may have grabbed Lindsey as she got to the wooded area to the left side of Mommsen, just past the gas station. There is also a bus station across the street from the Shell gas station. From what I have heard, LE have looked at the security tapes from the gas station."

IF this isn't allowed, someone please let me know, so I can edit and delete, okay?

McCleary Washington: June 26, 2009

Sunrise: 5:19am
Sunset: 9:12pm
Moonrise: 10:18am
Moonset: 11:49pm

Other blogs are posting that it was still light out when Lindsey went missing, but I don't think this is the case.

Mel

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

ps: In looking at all of the friends, they have 1 thing in common - the TWILIGHT movie, books, etc. I'm not all that familiar with it, but is there a group out there that may have taken her in?

McCleary Washington: June 26, 2009

Sunrise: 5:19am
Sunset: 9:12pm
Moonrise: 10:18am
Moonset: 11:49pm

Other blogs are posting that it was still light out when Lindsey went missing, but I don't think this is the case.

Mel

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I live in the Pacific Northwest also.
It is starting to get dark at 9:00pm, but it still is light enough to see while outside.

Not that I think she should have been walking home that late anyway.

While I appreciate it, wouldn't a driver come forward that a ten/11 year old hopped on a bus at that hour? I'm sure they're trained on young run-a-ways, and in this picture I found on Kayla Kampen's MS page, she does look awfully young (Lindsey): Note she's the avatar:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=445918694

Best,

Mel

I agree Mel. I wanted to follow the suggestion of a bus route thingy down the rabbit hole to see if it were possible...then if it is determined as possible is it probable?

IMHO, from seeing that it's possible ~ it's improbable. For the very reason you outlined in your post for one :)

Dont know if this was posted yet:

Missing Washington Girl's Mother Thinks She's Alive, But Out of the Area

The mother of a missing 10-year-old Washington girl believes her daughter is alive but has been kidnapped and taken out of the area.

Melissa Baum said she thinks her little girl Lindsey, who vanished Friday night, was snatched and is no longer in their hometown

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529688,00.html?test=latestnews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member