WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the interviewer know about some of the phone records not being retrievable? Interviewing reporter :dj: :

Who is his source? More importantly, why aren't these rumors making it back to WS?

I wondered that too. I also wonder if they had a conversation before about the questions and what would be discussed. I don't think Deputy Harum would just be recorded off the cuff for this interview. He seemed to know what was going to be asked and what he was going to say without thinking as he spoke. This is JMO.

How did the interviewer know about some of the phone records not being retrievable? Interviewing reporter :dj: :

Who is his source? More importantly, why aren't these rumors making it back to WS?

I wondered this exact same thing while listening to the interview.

I think it's likely that WW reporters know more than has been printed and this info has made its way around the reporting community in a slow fashion.

I wonder if Sheriff Harum was surprised at the question, he didn't seem to be from his tone. This leads me to wonder if the interview topics weren't outlined and discussed prior to being rehashed and recorded.

I wondered that too. I also wonder if they had a conversation before about the questions and what would be discussed. I don't think officer Harem would just be recorded off the cuff for this interview. He seemed to know what was going to be asked and what he was going to say without thinking as he spoke. This is JMO.

Great minds, LOL!

I got the impression that it was both hers and someone else's. I'll have to listen to that portion again.

What I heard was they asked for phone records to verify MC's presence in "a park" and those were the ones purged. So that would mean MCs phone records to me........imo...........

Interesting he said that often the suspect(generic) will go on social networking

He also said that sometimes the suspect would be posting - "but that's not the case here"

Um, how does he know they aren't posting? Because they have a suspect!

MOO

He also said that sometimes the suspect would be posting - "but that's not the case here"

MOO

also, lets not forget that a certain someone does not have a facebook or myspace page, where as no posting there either.

I didn't include #6 because I personally don't believe gangs were involved. This murder and the cover-up just seem too sophisticated to be gang-related. IMO.

Nonetheless, #6 is a possibility.

While I agree the crime is sophisticated in terms of leaving little evidence ---I have little trust that someone like JF is any more sophisticated than a well organized gang like MS-13 who has adult members and youth with lots of experience in killing and watching what LE does with evidence in other cases. Based on my reading of cases that get solved years later---it seems like no one can get away with much these days due to the technology etc. So therefore, I am still keeping a couple of hypotheses going----including multiple people and a well-organized gang.

MOO

Good catch! I listened to it again and he does say that...a little Freudian slip??? MOO

Maybe LE needs to.

"Do investigators look at these sites?"

"Yes, says Mike Harum, Chelan County sheriff. He wasn’t familiar with Websleuths but said investigators “read every one of them” posted about Cowell on The Wenatchee World’s site."

Quoted from: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...detectives-ferret-out-clues-in-cowell/?online

ETA: Funny that it is written by Wenatchee World but most of the article is about Websleuths.

Absolutely nifty I say there! Thanks for that link Jgk. Thanks to Tricia and our outstanding Mods for making WS such a primo community of cyberSleuthers.

There is a thought that shouted out as I read that article. The journo speaks of investigators reading the WW's comments to look for clues. One thing we know as Sleuthers is that the unsub will often interject himself into the investigation in some way, especially if he is a SK. Possibly to either help relive the crime, try to learn what LE knows, eagerly survey the impact of his crime, etc.

Let's hope this is a possibility in Mackenzie's case.

PS: As a friend once told me, even SK's have relatives! In saying that I am not implying anyone in Mackenzie's life fit this bill. Just a possibility. xox

MOO

Or they want them to feel comfartable. And keep posting

Question....

When they talk about retrieval of phone records, text messages are never mentioned. Do they save text messages in the phone companies or would only those show up on someones phone until deleted?

Would a person know his phone records and data were being investigated by LE? Or, would LE get the records with out notifying the cell phone owner?

If LE must notify the cell phone owner, then he/she knows that that he/she is a possible suspect.

No the subscriber is not notified in a criminal investigation. It also requires a court order to obtain the records.

sorry just gettin caught up

Whats funny is that its pretty clear that Harum is not an internet/computer guy...
"the detectives are following many of these the blogs and social networking programs"
haha what a generic term.. social networking programs :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member